February Fitness

Texaco Shirley

Re: February Fitness

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It’s a nice event (I say entirely as a spectator) but I wouldn’t fancy running it :lol: I might do the 5K this year.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

A great start to February! Good work everyone.

We should have run on Wednesday night but had to postpone due to traffic etc so we ran today. 5 mins w/u then 2 x 20 minutes with a minute recovery inbetween. I did just over 7km in total. We've still got a ways to go as our 10 miler is in 8 weeks.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

May I rejoin you all please? It’s been a while... I remember taking my stuff to use the gym after getting back from holiday in mid September and thinking ‘right- work life balance here I come...’ and I never went again.

However a brand new spanking gym has gone up on my neighbourhood and opened yesterday, I signed up a few months ago and have packed my bag to go after work tomorrow. Gym at work was only 5 euros a month but all the equipment was old and crappy with no free weights or kettle bells. Also I hated the hour long journey home afterwards and would never go at the weekends. My new one is considerably more swanky (and 60 a month) but will be better from a logistics point of view to attend and I’ll go on weekends too.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

A gym membership you will use is always better value than one you won’t, regardless of the cost, Hazey.

I walked and bloody hell it was windy! And I got home less than two minutes before it started raining #blessed :))
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Weights this morning. I deeply regret telling my coach I wanted to do pull-ups and learn how to do a handstand. I can almost hear him cackling with every rep :mad:
Luce

Post by Luce »

I was thinking of you walking in this wind, Edith! I nearly got blown away on the school run!

Started off my week with a spin. It was a different instructor so that was fun but the music was all obscure dance music and I missed George Ezra/Jonas Bros/Lizzo because I'm basic :))
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My instructor has this really odd playlist with a few of those ones that have come out recently remixing 90s stuff like Robert Miles Children, various non-descript things, and that Later, Bitches one, which I dislike and also makes me slightly uncomfortable in a class made up mostly of nice ladies in their 50s. Even if they probably don't know what bitch means :lol:

Also: Ya Basic (It's a human insult; you're devastated) :love:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

My playlist at the gym today was about 90% Underworld today.

Ruddy hell, getting on and going with the cross trainer today after a 5 month break was bloody hard. But I did it (I am too embarrassed to post any stats) but better to do a little bit than nothing at all. The gym is also very nice and brand spanking new - I may have squealed when I saw the kettle bells :saddo:

On top of that I am taking the stairs at every opportunity.

I am happy but knackered.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That sounds good and positive, Hazey. And please, never be embarrassed about where you are at with it, or your stats or anything; I am literally just going for a walk every day and I am crowing about it like a mofo :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Swimming this morning then after work was an hour's worth of weights and strength in the gym followed by a 30 minute Sprint class.

I'll feel it tomorrow :emme:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yoga tonight. I’m going to ease back in on HIIT tomorrow evening.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Eased back into the FIIT mum thing with today’s shirt cardio workout. I’m going to have to steadily do the ones I’ve missed as & when.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

A sub-30 5km tonight. It felt the easiest run I’ve done since Christmas so either I’m finally fully over my cold or the new headphones worked some kind of voodoo.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That sounds very wise, Pip.

I walked today and it was lovely. I’ve started adding more walking into the rest of my days too, wherever I get chance. This wasn’t a conscious decision and has taken me quite by surprise.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Voodoo headphones :lol: Nice going, Tex.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Edith Bacon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:09 pm Voodoo headphones :lol: Nice going, Tex.
Thank you. I’ve always been suspicious of this bone conducting malarkey :look:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Sub 30min 5k! Well done Tex.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Thanks Pip.
Topcat