February Fitness

Topcat

Re: February Fitness

Post by Topcat »

It's all about cakes, pies and sausage rolls on an ultra apparently. 😂

Did a lovely 5 miles tonight and managed a sprint up the last bastard hill, I've not done that on that hill in a while.
Last edited by Topcat on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Good for you TC! And rest up Pip.

I hit the cross trainer again tonight. Not brilliant but an improvement on Monday, so that's the most important thing. I have a spreadsheet where I log my statistics and it's been nearer 6 months since I last went on one and I have got so much building up to get to where I was. No bother, I shall do it!
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Eeek pip, rest up!

Weights today, then Muay Thai in the evening. Sudden improvement from last week has not been maintained 🙄😁
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My usual class tonight, and I discovered that I can now actually do burpees. Not very many in a row, and I expect my technique leaves something to be desired, but still I was quite chuffed to see that I've progressed in a definite way since September.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Definitely rest, Pip - cystitis is utterly miserable and takes a lot out of you/one.

I forgot to post that I walked yesterday but I did! And again today - an absolutely beautiful day for it.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

No cycling today as it was a bit icy this morning.

About 7km run tonight, we did 2 x 22 minutes with a minute recovery. It was lovely, actually.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
smalex

Post by smalex »

45 min run. It was going ok- not brilliantly- but ok, and then about half way my blood sugar dropped like a stone, like, so so badly. I actually had to deploy my emergency £1 and buy a roll of fruit fucking pastilles :lol: . Once the glorious sugarness kicked in I picked it up a bit, but man. I'm not doing very well so far.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Smalex :lol: Sorry but I have visions of you running into Tesco and jogging on the spot at the counter.

We did 5K at a reasonable but not record breaking pace tonight.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

:lol:

I have a full on actual fear of that happening to me in a field in the middle of nowhere at some point. I always carry something in case, but sometimes when it comes to being diabetic, all the sugar in the world won't stop a hypo.

Did some hill reps tonight, and already it is much easier than last week. I ran further and faster up what I would say is a reasonable hill a number of times an Strava recorded it! I can see us moving on to some more vile inclines in the coming weeks once we've fully conquered this one.

Thats me resting up until next Wedensday now though, aside from some planking and stuff.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds horrible but thankfully you sorted it.

Pilates tonight was reasonably gentle and I think did me good.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Go easy, Pip. What you do is machinelike, and so a couple of days not doing it really won't hurt.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I went into a corner shop but I was out of breath and stuff so I must have looked like a right loon. It is horrible though, I felt like I couldn't run in a straight line!

Honestly, I'm not nailing this plan so far. I've done 12 runs and none of them have actually felt particularly positive.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

It’ll come, Smal.

Well done all. Hill reps for me too last night - not a steep one but our focus was on maintaining tempo up and down. It was quite fun and I was relieved that my sore glute didn’t seem troubled.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

What does low blood sugar feel like? Light headed?
Luce

Post by Luce »

God, Smal, that sounds scary!
smalex

Post by smalex »

ParisGal wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:58 am What does low blood sugar feel like? Light headed?
Just total weakness, go a bit jittery/shakey, don't feel like you're completely in control of your limbs. Haven't you ever had it? It's happened to me a few times other than when running (and a few times during running). S sometimes comes home from work (having cycled) and just sits on the floor and eats some biscuits/sweets until he can string a sentence together again :lol: . It's not like hunger pangs. When it happens to me it tends to seem to drain out really quite quickly, so I'm alright and then 5minutes later I feel really awful.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Maybe a couple of times, I don't tend to be low on sugar :lol: I certainly get a weak feeling sometimes and that I can't think clearly. Physically shaky less so, but I don't think it's ever happened to me due to exercise, just from it being a long time since I ate.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did go to dance step and body balance after all this morning just didn’t push it. I feel ok.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Good stuff, Pip. I hope you feel the benefit of having rested and then taken it steady.

I walked.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Luckily I've never experienced that feeling, it sounds awful, smal!

Cycled to and from work yesterday and parkrun this morning. We're back at our home parkrun which is a bit hilly and traily. No records set but I'm happy with the time I did it in. It was a perfect morning for running, chilly but dry and bright...also loads of muddy puddles on the course 💕
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.