February Fitness

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: February Fitness

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve just done an ascending pyramid workout for TMC. Pretty pleased that I managed most press ups on my toes and most of the burpees were full, but now I need to re-lay my flipping exercise mats. :lg:

I’ve worked out that I’m 7 days out, but I think I can get everything done by next weekend and only finish a few days late. I hate not completing stuff.

I get complete doom when I’ve got low blood sugar (not through activity). It took me a while to realise what it was.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I hate not completing things too Pip, but you weren't very well. Today's session sounds horrible :lol:

Well I did my long run today so that I only need to do a shorter run tomorrow in the gale. I was pleased actually, having moaned yesterday. 100mins, just over 10miles, so under 10m/mile felt fairly good for the middle 6 or so miles. My leg/arse muscles are really aching now but all in all: better!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Parkrun this morning and despite the moaning from A it was PBs all round. I was the only one to not record sub 30 (which is astonishing for L in particular) but as always I list about 15 seconds getting through the start so my watch recorded a 5K PB.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I really liked to see your finishing positions on FB, Tex. you were all so close. My lot are not team players, we’re all usually miles apart from each other.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That’s the closest we’ve ever managed, it’s nice now L has decided to be competitive about it. It makes it all more interesting.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Weights and Muay Thai yesterday, pilates and boxing today. Rest now, with all the food.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

smalex wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:31 pm Well I did my long run today so that I only need to do a shorter run tomorrow in the gale.
Same here, although mine was nowhere near as awesome as yours!

I did a gentle Parkrun and then 11.5 miles run home, so 14.5 altogether (but I recorded it as two as I had a 5 min break in between). Slow and pretty painful, but I think that was partly down to wearing my (zero drop) trail shoes when probably two thirds of the route was on road. Pretty much dead now :emme:

That sounds like a fab family Parkrun, Tex! Ours has become a bit of a family affair of late but we all come in miles apart from each other too.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Sounds good, Tex. And Pip, yours always sounds like fun.

Another bodypump today and I finally managed to move my weights up for the back track. I was mildly euphoric, never thought I'd be able to do it.

I shall also be pulling pints all night for the beer festival which doesn't sound like exercise but it's completely exhausting so I'm counting it :))
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

You are all sounding super sporty and athletic! Nice going, chaps!

I walked and it was windy but enjoyable.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's brilliant Tex, you'll (officially) go under 30mins next time!

Moje, you did 14.5miles though! I'm no where near that yet.

Working a beer festival will definitely be hard work and well worth counting Luce.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Today is looking a bit ridiculous for walking :cry: But J just reminded me that earlier this week I did my walk twice in one day - once by myself and then again when he got home and fancied a walk. So I’m classing that as having one in reserve for days like today. I don’t think that’s cheating.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t think it is either! Also safety has to come into account. If the wind drops later you can always change plans.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

3am is looking like my best option, wind-wise :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

I've been out, reluctantly. It wasn't quite so awful at 9am, but it's bloody dire now. 5 miles. My bones ached from yesterday and the wind was very strong sometimes but my times were ok actually. Thank god that's over with.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Blimey, Smal! Well done on getting out today :zirk:
smalex

Post by smalex »

It honestly wasn't *quite* so bad 2 hours ago so probably not representative of what you're getting. I don't always display the best judgement about running either :))
Luce

Post by Luce »

God, I wouldn't wish going outside on anyone!

I ache all over from yesterday, I'm a broken women with a hangover. Which is good 'cause the gym is flooded anyway.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’m glad today is a scheduled rest day and I don’t need to go outside.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m chipping away now, 6 workouts left to do, sadly they all look hideous. One is a 300 Spartan workout which I thought I might try to do today too, but the descending pyramid I just did nearly finished me off. At the 6 reps round I did think I could just do another 6 reps of everything to finish off but then I would have denied myself the beauty of the final 2 reps.

Anyway, I followed that up with today’s resistance band Pilates and now I have a list to finish. Day 18 (outdoor shuttle runs - maybe Friday?), 24 (a circuit workout with increasing times), 29, 33, 36 & 37 (the 300).

We swam earlier but it wasn’t proper swimming even though I did get a few lengths in.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

That's the thing about parkrun, you have to be near the front for them to record a pb or you have to pb by minutes in some cases. The few times I go to parkrun I'm always at the back.

Usual for me running, running and more running. I've signed up for a bootcamp in a church hall a stone's throw away. I'm initially paying for a block of once a week and I'll increase that once the block is finished.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing