Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Rhodonite

Re: Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Post by Rhodonite »

I'm trying to play catch up with my missed days, but it's proving impossible at the moment. Got as far as cardio in circuit 2 today before having to stop. I really hate doing exercises in the evening, but think I'm going to have to switch it up, so D can watch the little one.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Disco wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:18 pm
AND to add salt to the wound, to think that I've always thought I'd be an amazing zombie slayer and survivor if the dead ever walked the land and this has proved I'd be semi tearful and completely fearful peering out of my window like JR Hartley waiting for his Fly Fishing book but less excited.
:lol: and :love2:

I'm feeling marginally better from doing more exercise but that's likely to be beginner's* adrenaline surge. My first day of Shred later today (first day. Like I don't know the dialogue by heart. I could probably do it without the DVD) and yesterday was W2 D1 of Erin running, where I geared up 1 minute runs with 2 minute walk breaks, like a superhero (3 min walk breaks last week, still found the hills unpleasant). I actually really enjoyed last night, I think the 3 minute breaks were just too long to ever get in the mood. GOD pathetic. Still, have to start somewhere. I am sleeping like a demon, who wouldn't with a whole eight minutes of running? :ella:

* How many times are you allowed to be a beginner? :ruby:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good to see you throwing yourself into it Goat :))

I skipped yesterday due to feeling a bit rubbish. I am hoping to run later (using “hope” in the loosest possible sense).
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

One day, Tex, if you work hard enough, you too might manage 8 minutes of running (with 2 minute walk breaks). Are you still ramping up speed on your hilly 5K? Or a longer distance?
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I don't think I'll ever not be a beginner, Goat.

Good luck for Shred later. I am very impressed with your running. Seriously. I couldn't do it at all. Though D is talking about getting a treadmill, so maybe one day I'll give it a go on that!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am absolutely sure an arthritic pig could do the first few weeks of this programme, Rhod, which is probably why I'm finding it challenging. :)) You would ace it while I was waving behind you to indicate I'd had to stop for an imaginary stone in my shoe.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:56 am One day, Tex, if you work hard enough, you too might manage 8 minutes of running (with 2 minute walk breaks). Are you still ramping up speed on your hilly 5K? Or a longer distance?
I had a bit of a break over the summer, not planned but holiday and then having to adapt my routine once schools were back so I haven’t really progressed. I’m doing my flatter 5K route, mostly because it’s the most convenient for the school run. I did sub 30 on Thursday but it was a struggle.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 am I am absolutely sure an arthritic pig could do the first few weeks of this programme, Rhod, which is probably why I'm finding it challenging. :)) You would ace it while I was waving behind you to indicate I'd had to stop for an imaginary stone in my shoe.
:lol: I think you're underestimating how unfit I am!

Sub 30 is brilliant, Tex. Well done.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Thanks Rhod.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's brilliant!

Shred L1 D1: FINE. I was not very much enjoying circuit 1 but once I got into it it was all so familiar that I zoned out and was just thinking about what to have for tea (do I make a sort of potato topped gratin with cauliflower, caerphilly, leeks and pancetta OR a cauli cheese(leeks, pancetta) with a baked potato?) and next thing I knew I was nearly done. :)) As ever when I've had a gap, the hard part was the press ups which I am now a weakling at, but that always gets better fairly quickly, and the bicycle crunches killed me a bit but what's new (at least since I nailed the right form, they were fine back when I was doing some vague hamfisted attempt at something like them). So that ended up being better than I expected. I'm interested to see if I'm sore tomorrow or not.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done! My ability to do any sort of press up has gone out of the window since I hurt my shoulder months ago attempting NMTZ (I think) with 3kg. The crow ones in Ripped were very unwelcome. I must go back and find my old posts on Ripped L3 as I remember it being a challenge but not wiping me out to the extent it did last week.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Then again I’ve just found this :mog:
Texaco Shirley wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:47 pm W3 D2 done. I'm having a sit down before my shower in case I vomit.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

:mog: I might give that a swerve for quite a while!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:mog:

W3 of Ripped is the worst week of ANYTHING. :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

Well done for not vomiting, everyone!

Erm, what have I done? Sunday two hour bike ride, nothing yesterday as I worked from 6-6 and today I've only done an hour's walk. Tomorrow I've got another long day and Thursday and Friday there will be people in my house smashing up a wall to sort the damp out so it looks like my Jillian will be missing me this week.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’m almost looking forward to starting L4 tomorrow, no duck walks.

5K done, it’s chilly out there!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Ripped L4 done. It’s not as hard as L3 but that’s not saying much really :lol:
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I have also met with Jillian today!

I felt a bit sick during the strength on circuit 3. I don't know if it's because I had a few days of, or what, but I had to stop for 30 seconds or so. Normally I can keep going. Anyway, I finished it. (minus the cool down, because our Asda shop turn up).
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Carrying shopping in is probably quite an effective cool down.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Ripped L4 done. I’m finding the cardio nightmarish, the strength about average and the abs surprisingly easy considering it’s L4. It is not wiping me out in the same way as L3.