Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Disco

Re: Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Post by Disco »

NMTZ squeezed in today. I should be able to do it tomorrow and Wednesday too.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

4.5 hours driving and a lot of cleaning (my mum’s) today. Gin is more likely to feature than Jillian.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I think gin will be a much better tonic than Jillian, Tex.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Almost certainly :))
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Jillian is going to be cursing me for not showing up. Again! I'm struggling with the school holidays, but I did do a 4 mile walk today, while carrying the little one, so not all bad.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh my god, I just did something ridiculous! :mog: I am expecting a TV engineer between 12-5 so didn't want to be caught huffing and puffing in the sitting room which is where I usually do my DVDs. I had to find a suitable Youtube video to do in another room. The only thing I could find was Jillian's Opus workout :eek: which I've just seen as described as a batshit workout and that is no lie. I was laughing while doing it. It was a good calorie burn but I shan't be revisiting.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've just found this quote online:
Hell, you guys might even be able to do that mythical Opus workout only Greek Gods can complete!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I watched a video of that a while back, MY GOD. :mog: It was a bit like watching the winners of Britain's Got Talent perform their daredevil acrobatic act over fire.

I have been active but not Jillianing, I am due to Jillian later today. We both had end of last week off and did a series of bracing hikes instead of running/shredding, but yesterday I was back to Erin and today I will return to Jillian.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I might have a look but only when I’m sitting down with a glass of wine :)) Although I found myself contemplating another go at 1 week shred the other day and had to give myself a stern talking to.

I am planning to run later, I’m hoping it will help my stress levels.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Are you worrying about your mum, Tex?
Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:14 pm I watched a video of that a while back, MY GOD. :mog: It was a bit like watching the winners of Britain's Got Talent perform their daredevil acrobatic act over fire.
:mog: I think I'd have been better at this BGT act.

Bloody hell, our 1WS challenge. :toot:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Probably, I’ve felt really stressed all day but not really been able to identify anything specific.

1WS! I must be mad :mog:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am quite tempted by 1WS now. :mog: Even though I am weak as a kitten and definitely incapable.

Running is the best cure-all, at least when you've finished.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes have a good run and zone out, then a glass of wine.

My shoulders are starting to remind me that I did a stupid thing earlier. One of the things was doing a crab then somehow dipping up and down like a press up with one leg raised up in the air. Needless to say I couldn't do it. I couldn't even raise my upper body off the floor in the basic crab shape. :mog: Another thing was like a spider press up so one knee moves up to the elbow then you raise the other leg off the ground so all of your weight is balanced on two spindly arms. I couldn't do that either. :mog: Let's just say I couldn't do any of it yet I still burned almost 300 calories.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I am finished and approximately the colour of a radish. My HR stayed below about to die levels which is unheard of. Maybe all the stress acted as a warm up.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Well done! Especially on not dying. And OMG Dics. :mog: I think I would just be lying at the floor doing very little and sort of squinting at the screen in bemusement.

L1 D2 done - it was fine, except that the man delivered my box of wine during the "you're strong! this is eaaasy for you! Nothing you can't do!" and I had to pause it mid-praise and pant at him. It was due on Saturday too. :lg:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I hate being disturbed mid burpee. Not because I don't welcome the break but because I obvs look like a hot mess.

Well done both of you. I'll be back to NMTZ tomorrow.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Oh god, I somehow missed Disco’s post earlier. It sounds amazing :mog: Definitely something to watch, point and laugh rather than participate.

I can’t hear the doorbell from the attic with a dvd playing so no disturbances. I’m not sure if this is good or bad.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

NMTZ done. It’s definitely my favourite just because there’s no complicated cardio to confuse me but my triceps and shoulders feel like jelly now.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've still never done that!

Well, that went well. I went out for an Erin run and the bloody app just stopped mid interval. I thought she didn't usually go quiet for that long. I couldn't see the screen properly without my glasses but it looked like the runs I had downloaded were suddenly no longer downloaded. It's a premium one and I wonder if it was a year ago that I subscribed and it just expired, mid run. :ella: So I carried on just guessing the timings but my legs, which were a bit stiff from the start but not anything remarkable, just got worse until they pretty much seized up and I couldn't even walk properly. :ruby: Especially down hills, up was better. It's kind of like the feeling when you get cramp in your calves but not as intense - they just feel ridiculously tight. So I bent down to stretch my hamstrings and did a few stretchy things and a dog took a great interest in my bum and wouldn't stop. :lol: THEN when I was hobbling home I started to get a pain in my chest which wouldn't go away and really scared me (but which I now think is indigestion :)) ). Then a stupid motorist held up the traffic by ostentatiously waving me across when I didn't want to go because I was hobbling so slowly that I'd rather just wait for a good gap, thanks, but he was being theatrical and Lord Bountiful about it and everyone was waiting behind him so I felt obliged to shuffle across like the two souuuups lady.

So I think I'd better do stretchy yoga instead of Jillian tomorrow.
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mog: Goat! I'm glad your bum is intact after canine attention.

Am twinning with Tex as I also did NMTZ. My right quad (I think) is sore from using my heavy weights the other week when doing the backwards lunges. It's really sore but ok ish if I use my medium weights so I did [use mediums] for all lunging moves.

I think I'll do 6W6P from next week.