Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Mountain Goat

Re: Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh they were nice! I rushed shaping them a bit as was so short of time so there is definitely room for improvement but they were all eaten. I Erinned today, I did nothing in the end yesterday as was still flapping about pretty late.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I brought running kit on holiday but it just hasn’t happened. TBF we’ve done 2 hikes and a long cycle and the weather has been generally terrible so I’m not going to worry about it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Good on you for Erinning! I really want a warm salty doughy pretzel with butter on.

I think that's wise, Tex, sounds like you're active weather permitting so relax. A week off won't hurt.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I had one for lunch :love2:

Yes, I reckon a week off with a few bracing hikes is perfect.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Bracing is the exact word for Cornish headlands today :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Don't get blown off!

Shred L1 D4: Fine, but I had to phone it in on a lot of the cardio because of my painful calves. For some reason the jumping jacks were just a bit twingey and I could do them, but the butt kicks and jump rope really hurt, so I did vigorous marching on the spot, which isn't quite the same. However I did have a purposefully brisk hilly walk at lunch in a bold effort to raise my heart rate without jarring my legs, so I consider I've covered my bases for the day. Bloody legs.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I just Erinned. I went back to the one where my app failed shortly followed by my calves and completed that with no calf issues. :love2: It was 15 x 1 minute intervals so FFS but I tell myself it's hard because of the hills, not because of my appalling fitness. :look: Oh, 10 mile walk yesterday too. NOTHING on Saturday because the rules say I don't need to shift myself at all on a Saturday if I don't want to.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Well done and hopefully that's your calf issues sorted now!

I did 6W6P today and yesterday did a 20 km bike ride.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Excellent. I would like a bike if I lived somewhere else. :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I thought about running today but we decided to support the village pub pre lockdown instead.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

An admirable choice.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Shred L1 D5: I did everything with my calves but they weren't happy with me at the end so I hope my enthusiasm won't set me back. Otherwise nothing of any note happened. :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

Well done despite your unhappy calves. What's the deal with them; what kind of pain is it? It's so annoying when something starts to hurt.

6W6P done.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

You are motoring through that. Are you doing it for a specific amount of time or just doing it as you please?

It's just overworked muscles rather than anything worrying but ouch. You know how when you get cramp, your calf tightens up into a solid golf ball? It's like that, but just the tightness and not the cramping/searing pain. But it's SO tight and stupid golf bally. It eases if I stretch my hamstrings so it's all wrapped up in that. Hoping it'll be ok for running tomorrow. I probably (almost certainly) need new trainers, in short.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ow that sounds horrible! I'm a very cramp-y person, in the night, and all over - calves, feet, hands, under my chin :lg: - but I haven't had golf balls before. Argh.

I'm doing it for 6 weeks :)) , well level 1 for another week and a half then level 2 for 3 weeks. It's only just over 30 minutes so I feel like I'm phoning it in but most days I don't really have time to do more. But NMTZ is about 55 minutes so this is quite a drop down. Level 2 is a bit harder and I doubt I'll be feeling guilty then.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

6W6P feels like longer though as it’s so relentless and frantic.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I used to think it felt like hours but now it feels so quick. I will be eating my words when I start L2, I'm sure!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

They do speed up with familiarity.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Speaking of relentless and frantic I'm thinking of doing 1WS again but not as prescribed, instead doing each level on alternate days.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I bow to your bravery. I might consider doing it the same time we did it last year or thereabouts, depending on what sort of state I'm in by then.

I just Erinned in the park and did better than last time, with a faster time (though I suspect that was faster walking intervals actually, I was dying less during them). Unfortunately my calves had a strop towards the end, but too close to the end to stop. We don't quit at the end! That's when we finish stronger than we started. Also I was about to turn downhill when they kicked off, and really. I might have given in to them if I was about to turn uphill, but just at the rewarding bit? :)) Anyway it was a daft move to carry on and I was hobbling about afterwards but they are ok-ish now. I'll play tomorrow by ear.