Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Texaco Shirley

Re: Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Jillian has indoctrinated you to an impressive degree.

Well done. I have no excuse for not exercising today, apart from possibly election based dread but I’m not in the right frame of mind.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

She haunts my every movement. THAT IS A FALSE MESSAGE OF LETHARGY STEPHANIE.

That is a sound excuse.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:32 pm She haunts my every movement. THAT IS A FALSE MESSAGE OF LETHARGY STEPHANIE.
:)) My life is a whole false life of lethargy.

I have her app which I quite like when I'm in the mood so I shall do one of her "Take Back 2020" workouts in about, I think.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

She has an app?! :disco: I like her shouting at me, I feel like by this point we have the sort of relationship where she'd take it well if I told her to do one. Erin would be hurt and sadly earnest.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

She does have a (paying) app, try it! The Jillian Michaels App, I believe it's imaginatively called.
Disco

Post by Disco »

6W6P done today. Jillian would be pleased because my Fitbit was pleased. I didn't do any exercise yesterday and only went for a good walk on Wednesday.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am also pleased, and impressed. :)) I didn't do anything yesterday either (except a walk, I got my 10,000 steps in but nothing arduous) but I did my Erin today. It's that fucking hill, it takes me three running and three walking intervals to get up it (a whole minute of each) and I swear it would be less painful to just do it in one, it's the walk bits where my heart rate doesn't come down much because I'm speed marching up a bloody hill that do me in, knowing I have to pick it up again any minute, just slow steady running up it feels easier, you can zone out then. However, it's still pretty pathetic to find it hard. :))

My calves were upset by the end but not as upset, which seems like progress.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Why don't you just fuck Erin off when you feel like it? :))

I am pleased for your calves.
Disco

Post by Disco »

6W6P today and on Saturday I biked 27 km.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Disco wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:22 pm Why don't you just fuck Erin off when you feel like it? :))
THE STRUCTURE OF MY WORLD WOULD CAVE IN. :panic:

Oh well done. I didn't do anything yesterday apart from a walk that got cut short because of work as I had a bad day and decided to take it out on myself by refusing to do the exercise that would likely make me feel better. :)) My Sunday walk was only about 8 miles too because I left late so had to turn round early so I didn't get stuck in the woods after dark. I did do Erin today though and there was improvement (even though it was quite warm, which I usually find harder), plus my right calf was annoyed at the beginning but I managed to run it off rather than worsening it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good news on your right calf. I assume the left one was generally more content.

I ran 5K for the first time in 3 weeks and it was very hard. I did walk but only for about 200m (my HR was 199 so it seemed sensible).
Disco

Post by Disco »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:21 pm I had a bad day and decided to take it out on myself by refusing to do the exercise that would likely make me feel better.
I always do this! :texas:

Well done both of you! Bloody hell Tex, your heart rate sounds...fast!

6W6P done again today. I'll be moving to L2 next week so expect a lot more bleating from me.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good luck with L2. I found it horrible last time I tried.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I can't remember that much of it apart from breathlessness and doing those knee thrust moves.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

...and that’s not enough to put you off??
Disco

Post by Disco »

:lol: Well I need to knee thrust my way to doing 1WS afterwards!
Disco

Post by Disco »

6W6P and and 8 km walk today. My shoulder has been a bit sore for a few days and I had to put the weight down during the second round of 6W and not use it at all.
Disco

Post by Disco »

6W6P without a weight and sacked off burpees, plank jacks, mountain climbers and side planks so it sounds like I did nothing :lol: but during those times I ran, high kneed, butt kicked and skipped giving a lot of effort and my calorie burn was only 6 calories fewer than Tuesday (the last time I did it with no compromises whatsoever).
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:lol: That sounds like a massive workout regardless. How is your shoulder?

I have forgotten to update, I did Shred yesterday (D6 I think) but my bloody calf was playing up again. I did the warm up jumping jacks and ouch. So lots of marching and punching instead, although I did do the jumping jacks again in circuit 3 as I love that cardio section and I didn't want to miss out. :l: Aside from the press ups and bicycle crunches, it did feel a bit lame with no real cardio. Today they were still sore so I power walked around the park instead of running. It's a bit frustrating, but that's what you get for getting old. :lg: Hoping I can do something more exciting tomorrow.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done both! I was hoping to renew my acquaintance with Jillian tomorrow but today’s run has all but crippled me. I’ll see if I can walk in the morning before I decide.