Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Disco

Re: Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Post by Disco »

Wouldn't that be the dream!

I've done another 20 mile bike ride. I got rained on five times but in between those moments saw some lovely countryside, visited some church ruins which is the only structure left in an abandoned village, found some old brick kilns, saw a beautiful double rainbow and burnt close to 900 calories.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I've just restarted 30DS. Today was day 2, and my arms hurt. A lot. I'm really not sure how I'm going to manage to hold the weights tomorrow, but I shall try!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Good work Rhod!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done Rhod! Keep going, it really is the only way.

I binned off running today after it started raining horizontally but did go on a Geocaching walk a bit later.
Disco

Post by Disco »

The weather is terrible today. I also found myself close to a lake that had massive waves in it from the high winds.

I think I might get back to 6W6P tomorrow. I am going for a short ride with my friend at lunch time but if I'm up early enough I'll be able to get JM in.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My legs are furious about 6W6P L2 especially after then sitting at a desk all day today. They’ve pretty much seized up now.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Day three done! Is 6W6P. Six weeks six-pack? I can't remember if I have that one. I think I've got No more trouble zones and one other, but can't remember if it's that one.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done!

Yes, 6 week 6 pack. Although it’s definitely causing my thighs far more pain than my abs. Running later will be interesting as will pushing a fully laden shopping trolley :lol:
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I definitely read that as 'as I will be pushing a fully laden shopping trolley' :lol: That would be impressive!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:mog: It does sound like a particularly crazy sponsored event.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Day 4 done. I can't remember when it starts to feel easier, but it's definitely not yet! Saying that, my arms aren't aching as much today.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It’s the day when you can sit down/walk down stairs without screaming that you can look forward to.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

And just as that happens, it's time to move up a level so the pain starts all over again!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It’s never quite so bad though.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Completed day 10 today. I think I'm going to stick at level 1 though. There's still a couple of times I struggle with the weights, so I want to get to the point where I can do it easily before moving up.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I am def getting back into routine now L’s quarantine is over. I’ve run a couple of times this week and I’m going to restart Jillian. I need a quick thing to ease myself in so I think I’ll go back to ripped, I can’t face shred.

On a positive note I noticed yesterday that I finally have the feeling back in my fingers properly after I hurt my shoulder months ago.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I didn't realise your fingers were affected!

I'm getting back into JM on Monday too. I was going to start Thursday but my rib dislocated on Wednesday so it was a bit too sore and I was worried it might go again. I've been doing about 150km on my bike most weeks so I haven't been a complete sloth.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My fingers were a bit numb with bursts of pubs and needles especially when I was running.

How did you dislocate a rib?? It sounds painful.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It happens a lot - a few times a year - it's quite a rare syndrome where the cartilage slips on the floating ribs forcing a rib inwards. It takes a few minutes for it to pop back out and is incredibly painful then it bruises internally. I'm just thankful it pops back out because apparently they can remain popped in and I wouldn't be able to function like that.

I first posted on here about it as I thought it was a weird cramp I was getting as I am prone to cramping but I've since discovered it's an actual syndrome.
Disco

Post by Disco »

NMTZ done today. I did the whole thing but did not do the repeat of each round if that makes sense so that was 32 minutes so not bad for easing myself back in I think. Then I did a 12k step walk (1 hr walk) and then I did a 22km bike ride (1.5hr). I plan to do NMTZ again tomorrow without the repeater rounds and a bike ride.