Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Texaco Shirley

Re: Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That sounds successful Goat :mog: There was always a bit of a question mark over Erin’s sanity, she may have just wandered off.

I’m still using baby weights on the shoulder circuit. I think it was 3kg on NMTZ which caused the last problem. I am on holiday next week and Jillian isn’t invited.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Are you going away Tex?

I've not done Jillian since Wednesday but did a 10 km brisk walk yesterday and 5 km run this morning then a 5 km brisk walk. I am a fair weather runner but I'm quite enjoying the odd one lately.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Everyone has been doing so well! I hope your legs have improved, Goat, and you enjoy your week off, Tex.

I am hoping to get back on it tomorrow. J will be back at school, so it should be a bit easier. I'm dreading it though!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We’re in Cornwall for the week. No Jillian but we did cycle almost 40k today. Poor A crashed into a bank of nettles near the end but otherwise it was good in a wet and muddy sort of way.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Wow! That's impressive. Poor A, though. That must have been really painful.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Cornwall! :love2: How lovely.

I have taken a few days just yoga and walking to nurse my legs back to health. They feel ok, I walked about 6 miles ish today and they were only starting to twinge a bit at the end. I'll try Erin again tomorrow and see how I go, if it starts to properly hurt I won't push it. Then Jillian on Tues, all being well.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Disco

Post by Disco »

Poor A! Glad you having a good time stinging nettles aside!

6W6P done today. Loved it. :l:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I Erined. I made a mistake (I have to download each day before I do it) and downloaded the one I had already done instead of the next (more difficult) one but I was feeling heavy legged and tired so I was secretly pleased with my fool self. It was still a slog. It may have turned out to be no bad thing as at the end my calves were starting to play up and I suspect if I had gone harder I might have been back to square one, whereas I've walked/stretched it off now and my legs feel perfectly fine.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Good work! I definitely want to run a bit more frequently.
Disco

Post by Disco »

6W6P today. I keep thinking that I should do a NMTZ at least once a week to keep up with all other areas of the body but I'm definitely feeling yesterday's workout in my upper body. My wrists are so much better these days so I can support myself in the side plank/knee raises for the entire duration so I think that's why I'm noticing my arms and shoulders have got a pleasing nice ache.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done. Last time I did 6W6P I felt it entirely in my legs for about 3 days. I may have been doing it wrong.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I need to do this 6W6P that targets your arms and legs too. :)) Good work and I am pleased your wrists are doing so well.

Shred L1 D3: that may have been a mistake for my poor calves. The strength stuff was fine but the impact of the cardio set my legs off and now I'm hobbling again. :ella: I was aware I needed to stop but who can stop when Jillian is telling you you're strong? So rude. In good news, I was able to do the full first set of press ups without reverting to knees, which is a great improvement on D2 (although I dipped very shallowly). It would have all been fine if I had had the sense to sub in some lower impact cardio.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That is impressive with the press ups, and it's really gratifying when you can feel tangible improvements.

I've done 6W6P quite a lot - well I guess about 4 times over time - and I notice a major difference from when I first did it. All the burpees with the extra Bashira oomph whereas I was knackered when I first did it :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've just done a 6.3 km run :frolic: the first 5k took 28 minutes so I'm quite pleased with that.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh well done! That's brilliant. It's been YEARS since I could do a sub 30 5K and then I had to arrange it so the last bit was downhill. :)) And on your Bashira style burpees. :zirk: I saw a man doing really energetic burpees in the park the other day, it was impressive.

Not sure how today will go for me, I am scheduled to Erin but today have a tight deadline, and had to spend my lunch going to the doctor (just routine blood test, nothing exciting) so I don't have much leeway, plus Weds is Pubs of the World Night and tonight is German and I have to make pretzels. I will need to whizz through my horrible work to be able to squeeze her in. I did walk back the long way from the doctor but I'm still only on 6,000 steps, it's not a very long way.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thank you! It would've been faster except I was running for 12 lampposts then walking for two :lol: I am quite a fast runner though (when I do run, like, twice a year). I actually started off running for four lampposts and walking for two but increased the running when I realised I could.

Ooh pretzels! The hard ones :love: or the doughy ones? I've never had a doughy one but I don't like cinnamon and they always seem to have cinnamon sugar on them. How long is the Erin session? Why don't you cram a Shred session in instead? Quicker?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

God, 28 minutes when you're walking part of it! You must have been going like the clappers. :))

Doughy ones but GOD NO CINNAMON. Just a salty crust, like the hard ones but soft. I've never had a sweet one and I didn't know they existed until I started looking at recipes. The recipe method is a lot like bagels but softer/less dense so imagine that. Though who knows how they'll actually pan out, I've never made one before and it would probably be better if I was less rushed...

Erin is 30 minutes (but add on getting changed before and after and showered of course, plus walking to the park - not far but it adds up) so Shred would be more doable, good point. I'll see how it goes, I might well be still tearing my hair out with work at 7 while also trying to shape a pretzel with the other hand. But I have a quiet day tomorrow so could potentially double up then if my legs can take it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Salty crust sounds lovely! I would have that with butter definitely.

I've got a lot of free time this week but I don't even give any exercise any thought if I have to work past 4 pm so I would totally sack it off :lol: .
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Well done, on the run, D. That's really good going.

Pretzels! :love: I would say cram a shred session in too, but I am not one to talk. I am really struggling to get going again after not doing any at all last week. I haven't even been for a walk yet this week. Hopefully meeting up with my parents tomorrow though, for a socially distanced one. That'll make me feel a bit better.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I want to know how the pretzels turned out!

Did you manage to get out today Rhod?

I did 6w6p earlier.