Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Disco

Re: Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Post by Disco »

Yes, level 4 started coming back to me as soon as I read your description of chataranga push ups.

I'm doing push up planks with weights, rows AND mountain climbers as ONE move in Hard Body :lol: and I said it was easy but that's more because I can't physically and consistently do it for the entire duration so I get a rest while I collapse. :))
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

WTF! :lol: Oh my god. That sounds terrible. Any one of those three alone is perfectly bad enough.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Disco

Post by Disco »

You do a push up - on weights, natch - then row right arm, push up, row left arm, push up then four mountain climbers. Repeat for 30 seconds.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

OMG :lol: Surely no one has the coordination for that. Apart from Shelley the Terminator for obvious reasons.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm feeling ill enough that I'm questioning whether I should be working, and yet I'm going in for Ripped. :ella: I'll give myself a pass if I'm not gung ho on the cardio though.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ripped L4, D2: that was surprisingly ok. My arms are killing me though. I phoned it in for the second set of plank moguls, not because of the cardio but because MY ARMS. I did some of the various hideous push up things on my knees too, and they were still bloody hard.

The other thing with this level is that I just don't have the room for some of these moves. The one where you lie down with your legs straight in the air and then lower them to the left, and then to the right - I'm at all manner of angles to avoid the furniture. There's a few where I can do them, but I have to stand at an awkward diagonal where I can't see the screen. :lg:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done. I hope your arms don’t fall off.

Space is a big problem for me although removing part of the multi gym has helped. Plank moguls are particularly bad but I also struggle with tornadoes and that one where you’re basically doing breast stroke.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I had to google tornadoes (what are they in?) and no, I cannot see me managing those without kicking over a vase or two. My poor coordination would be as much as a factor as anything.

The breast stroke one for me was ok space wise, but it just encouraged Moo to position himself so my breast stroking hand actually stroked him rather than doing the full movement. :mrgreen:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Tornadoes are in killer abs. I had to give up on the breaststrokes and do supermen instead.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Space is an issue here too. My sitting room is tiny as it is without me hefting myself about so I don't know how I'll get on with tornadoes. I'll have to look them up.

Ok, I take all the easy talk back. Now I've got my co-ordination/ know what's coming next so know how to arrange my body in the limited space quickly it wasn't easy. I feel like today was much more effective. I did use my heaviest weights throughout except on the last set of surrenders and I think I will feel it tomorrow.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I thought I might fit something in between tea and the PSA meeting but I forgot I had to help A turn a potato into a woolly mammoth.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:lol: Of course you'd forget such a mundane plan.

Well done Dics and good news on it not being too easy. :disco:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That is reasonably mundane in this neck of the woods :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

How did the spud morphing go?!

Another good go at it today. It wasn't as good on my fitbit but it wasn't bad. I really love this level.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Now I want to do Hard Body. NOT YET.

I'm unsure of my plans today, I am just back from the dentist which took up my lunch break, but on the other hand, the person I'm working for is out the office today so I have some leeway. I kind of want to go for a run, but I've had full mouth anaesthetic and I look like I've had a stroke and also can't swig from my water bottle without dribbling, so someone may call an ambulance on me. :mrgreen: I might just give it half an hour and see if I look less troubled then.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The spud now has legs, trunk and tusks. The ears are...fragile. I need to leave MrTex in charge of the gluing wool on but later while I’m supervising the school disco.

Good you’re enjoying it, I’m still not convinced by mine. I might be able to have a go post disco, or I might need a lie down in a darkened room.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ah wool and glue! I wondered if some kind of julienning was going to go on for the woolliness.

Was it lower Goat? It might take longer than half an hour! I think you would really like Hard Body actually. I thought that yesterday.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Disco wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:06 pm Ah wool and glue! I wondered if some kind of julienning was going to go on for the woolliness.

Was it lower Goat? It might take longer than half an hour! I think you would really like Hard Body actually. I thought that yesterday.
They have 100% wool carpets which are still new enough to shred. The plan is to recycle the hoovered fluff :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

:lol: impressive
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Full upper AND lower front (I have a lot of issues, plus sensitivity), so.... :mrgreen: (*this is emoji is not my actual teeth). It does usually take 3 hours or so but I was hoping that I might look less yokel sooner than that. Yes, this is a clear case of hope over experience. I just fancy a run. :lg:

I think I need to see this mammoth.

Now I am really tempted by Hard Body. I am doing a Yoga Meltdown break after I finish Ripped (this is my treat for finishing) but I might do Hard Body after it. Also, that means moving through the big boxset in front to back order, which pleases me. :l:

Oh, also: a few weeks ago I put on my next-fat-level-down jeans and was horrified that I could only just do them up and they were deeply uncomfortable and looked terrible. Today I went deeper into my wardrobe and found that I put on the wrong jeans and the actual next-fat-level-down jeans are perfectly comfortable and I am wearing them now with no breathing/bulging issues whatsoever. The jeans I put on previously are more of the ha-dream-on level. So all is well.