March Fitness

Edith Bacon

Re: March Fitness

Post by Edith Bacon »

Muggy running :cry:

Hello! I’ve walked today. I’ve had about a week where I didn’t because I was self-sabotaging but I’ve broken the habit of a lifetime and not sacked the entire thing off because I ‘failed’.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s great Edith.

I walked up a hill today and what a glorious day for it! I would happily have gone round again and then for tea and cake but my companions didn’t seem up for it.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Well done Edith!

‘Rig Fit’ this morning, which is circuits by another name. Then I went to my old gym for the sauna and a swim, plus use of their towel and shower gel seeing as I’m paid up until the end of the month. :mrgreen:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

wendy james wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:46 pm I’ve done yoga as one of two, and it was quite good for getting corrections!
This is why. I think I’m doing ok and then my arm is moved by 1/4 inch and then I’m shaking all over the place. :mrgreen:

I’m meant to be running today but I forgot to take my sports bras out of the dryer so I don’t have one to wear! I’ll aim to get out a bit later but it’s not looking likely.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Went to the physio again and had a go on this Alter G treadmill. It was pretty amazing, But even at 50% of my weight I could feel my foot while I ran, so there wasn't any point carrying on. I might have another go next friday if my foot is painless to walk on (it isn't now, even though it is a lot better). So bummed out, especially when the weather today (finally) is so beautiful.

So I came home and did my weights circuit again. I'm going to take the bike out tomorrow, at least I can do a longer stint and be outside, which I miss a lot.

I might just stop posting to this thread a bit. I feel like I'm bringing down the whole thing and being really boring.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m reading the thread and you all sound hardcore, but then I’m always in awe of anyone who can run as I’ve never found it something that I was any good at

Anyway! I am doing one or two group classes a day as I find that more appealing. I had Zumba and BodyBalance yesterday, but didn’t actually get that much out of the latter as it’s a new release and I’ve no clue what I’m supposed to be doing half the time. This morning was BodyJAM, then as it’s looking lovely out at the moment I am thinking of walking into town to my singing lesson, which is about a 90 minute walk.

Tomorrow is Pilates and Zumba.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

You're really not bringing anything down Smal, and I for one am interested in your recovery. It's all part of the bigger thing you're taking on.
Last edited by Topcat on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You’re absolutely not being boring Smal. It’ll be good to come back to when you’re better too, to see how well you’ve dealt with it (because you are doing).
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

21km commute on the bike again today. Such a lovely morning... daylight :love: sunrise :love: cold and a bit misty.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Absolutely not boring at all smal. It's actually interesting to see how you're managing it.

I have failed somewhat to get in all the workouts I should this week 🙄 since I've missed a couple of heavy bag sessions due to laziness. Muay Thai session tonight with my coach. Forgot my shinpads for my warmup sparring round and have been slightly clattered as a result, my right leg is throbbing gently from knee to toes 😁
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Edith Bacon wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:00 am Muggy running :cry:

but I’ve broken the habit of a lifetime and not sacked the entire thing off because I ‘failed’.
Well done :love: I try to take that approach to a lot of stuff these days.

Smalex! Do not stop posting :drill:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

smalex wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:41 pm I might just stop posting to this thread a bit. I feel like I'm bringing down the whole thing and being really boring.
Please don’t and you’re not bringing the thread down. I wanged on at length about my ridiculous injuries and it really helped to put it down here as you all really got how frustrating it was and some days I needed the sympathy.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Thanks everyone. I just honestly feel a bit heartbroken. And then I feel like a knob because people have got real problems and it isn't like the race is going to miss my great athletic prowess :lol:.
The physio said what they'd ideally have me doing once I can actually run on it is bloody C25k. I thought I'd be doing, like, 19 mile runs and I'm going to end up doing fucking beginners running :cry: .

Although right now I guess I'd be pleased just to be able to go out at all.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Most of us have been there at some point smal, and you should keep posting about what you do within your current limitations!

I’d be pissed off too, so am wishing you a speedy recovery back to running.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

wendy james wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:29 am Most of us have been there at some point smal, and you should keep posting about what you do within your current limitations!
Absolutely this! If I’ve got the front to post in here about doing a poxy little walk most days then your legit athletic injury progress belongs here.

I hope your recovery is less frustrating than you are anticipating, Smal.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I know how you feel smal, it's awful when you've been doing so much to not being able to walk.

When I couldn't run, like you, it didn't stop me doing other things because I'd have gone crazy.

Try swimming if it's possible and also cycling to help keep your cardio up.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

So one of the new fiitmum workouts was another set of fitness tests and I got told to step it up and add in weights.

Also, the Friday challenge was a wall sit. I only managed 1:39, but someone else did 4 minutes!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Swim this morning with Elvis, then a good breakfast before half an hour of tennis with them all, then a Pilates class. The usual instructor was off and we had a yoga instructor who declared it would be a yoga/Pilates fusion. I enjoyed it but some of the older regulars rolled their eyes A LOT through the class. :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Park run this morning. No children with us as A had a football match afterwards. I went off too fast and had to walk a bit for the second and third goes up the hill but still smashed my PB, official time was 28:51.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Well done Tex, you're well speedy!

I did parkrun with D (it was her 50th) and came in at 29:40 which I am beyond thrilled about. We then had a doughnut, a quick drink and change of shoes and ran/walked home which was about 9km so it worked nicely into our 10 mile training plan.

It was a lovely morning to run too :nearlyspring: