March Fitness

geek_kitten

Re: March Fitness

Post by geek_kitten »

Well done Tex and brambs!

Heavy weights session three today, plus pilates, where I got beasted 😂

Not displeased with the weights. I'm not shifting the same weight I was about eight months ago but I'm not far off on a couple of lifts (and deadlifting feels as good as it has in some time).
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I nearly sacked off the gym this morning and cancelled my Pilates class only to reconsider and rebook it about 2 minutes later. I think I’ve pulled a quad though, either at that or the subsequent Zumba class.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I did a 6mile cycle this morning, and spent the day in the garden digging. It is kind of bizarre I can do all this painlessly now I can generally walk on it ok. Good though, feel a bit better for getting a nice dose of outside and feeling physical tiredness.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak and I ran 4K earlier ( the boys did 5k but they ran off ahead of us so we took a shortcut and laughed our heads off when they saw us ahead of them). I absolutely cannot turn left on my ankle, and C’s route was left turns all the way.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Half marathon week for me here. I want to go and do a ten miler at some point but can't realistically do that before Thursday night, and I don't know if that would be tempting fate a little too much.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Ten on Thursday before a half on Sunday (?) might be pushing it, TC.

Well done Pip, although I may have missed/forgotten what’s happened with your ankle?

Last cross country of the season here - quite late as it was a rescheduled one (as a couple were weathered off this year). It was properly hilly but not as muddy as it could have been. I’m knackered but glad I went.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Oh and I forgot to congratulate Tex and Brambs on your 5k times - well done!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Walked yesterday and today.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Edith 💪🏻
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Well done Edith!

I don’t know what the ankle thing is, it just hurts to run around leaning corners. It feels like it might give way.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Nice work everyone.

After a couple of weeks break thanks to the cold I had, I went to the gym yesterday and after the pregnancy comment went again tonight. Both times did 40 minutes on the cross trainer and am getting a bit quicker / further each time.

I also tried kettlebell squats afterwards and my knees were extremely unhappy with me
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Well done Edith on not giving up!

TC, I'd not be doing a ten miler before your half unless you could fit it in Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Well done mojo and Pip and Squeak.

We did a Guided Ride today and it was so nice... well apart from the slippy and muddy canal path. We had two ladies skid off their bikes so as there were enough Leaders, we decided to split the group coming back and some went back on the canal and we came back on the road.

Apart from a miscommunication at the cafe stop which meant Gannet and I didn't get our bacon butties, it was a really good day (we stopped at Lidl on the way back and demolished a couple of pastries) 58km (36 miles) in total.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Sounds lovely bramble (missing food and slips aside!).

I’ve achieved a second week of 100% step target as well as 7 days of exercise, though today’s was walking around BOA rather than any sort of planned session.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's very good though!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That’s the best way of achieving a step target.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We had a lovely walk around my sister’s village this afternoon in the sunshine, and then more walking around the city centre this evening looking at the lights. It’s good exercise.

I’m behind on FMM in week one, but it’s only Pilates so I’ll roll up two tomorrow because I can’t get to yoga.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Well done on the step target. I've only ever met mine for 10 days on the trot and that was on holiday!

Walking is a great way to exercise.

Just swimming this morning...a nice gentle recovery after the weekend's activities.

I'm going to get my foam roller and MFR balls out and have half an hour on them as.my calves and quads are feeling it a bit.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just did a really hard Pilates pyramid so I’m rewarding myself with a bit of time on my acupressure mat. Ugh.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just did a really hard Pilates pyramid so I’m rewarding myself with a bit of time on my acupressure mat. Ugh.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Heavy weights, which I did not enjoy because it was hard and the weights were heavy 😂