March Fitness

geek_kitten

Re: March Fitness

Post by geek_kitten »

Good plan. I've got a pull up bar and some plates on order. I have a (little) heavy bag, a barbell, resistance bands and dumbbells so I'm reasonably well set. Fitness blender here we come!

I'm not going to the gym today and probably won't go back for a while. My PT has already said he's not training anyone now for the time being (he lives with his parents so I think he's being very sensible).
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

My gym is closed. This is the worst part of everything.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Can you get yourself some resistance bands and kettlebells, hazey?
smalex

Post by smalex »

I know its not the same but get into the routine of doing things at home. I started doing weights circuits as soon as I bodged my foot, it's not the same, not even close, but it's ok, it's something.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My class has been cancelled until at least the end of March, so I can see them not starting up again until May, after the Easter break :( I'm very glad the subscription was so cheap as I'm fairly sure there won't be any kind of refund.

I have some (smallish) weights, a resistance band, a yoga mat and a yoga ball, so I will do some stuff myself, but I much prefer the routine and planning to be done by someone else.

I follow Jess Ennis on FB and she posted an excerpt of one of her (paid) routines - jack knife on a yoga ball :eek:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

geek_kitten wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 pm Can you get yourself some resistance bands and kettlebells, hazey?
I have a resistance band- somewhere. Have also re-downloaded the Zombies, Run app and need to make sure I get out of my flat every day and walk, like I would walk to the station every morning.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My Pilates teacher has moved to online only. Luckily, she’s set up for this. If any of you are interested, she’s asking for contributions of what you can afford and posts workouts weekly.
https://www.joannahelcke.com/fiitmum-monthly/
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just did this. I really ought to get that will witnessed. :fish:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Looks interesting Pip!

Weight training this morning then I just did a beginner’s Bodystep. It’s been years since I did a step class but I enjoyed it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve decided to take a more organised approach to trying to improve my 5K speed/overall fitness. Tonight was the first part of an interval program I found on runnersworld. It was quite tough but nice to do something a bit different.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

That looks great Pip!

I've resurrected my old FitnessBlender account and have opted for their Sweat programme. This means I've got five days of structured workouts as a base, and I can then do what I want on top - weather permitting I'll go out and hit the bag, or deadlift some rusty old plates on my tiny shit patio!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Feel free to try it if you like, Geek. I bet you don’t go to the next one in the pile if you get a Jack then a Queen.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Run first thing with Sproglette, Bodycombat at lunchtime and Bodybalance in the evening.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I've been going to a local bootcamp and he's a young guy just starting out. He's now taken the class online and tonight was the first one. All bodyweight exercises and it's worked really well.

The downside of all this is I won't be running with my buddy for a while, she's all over the place with work (she covers two sites) and is terrified that she infects someone so we've made the decision to run solo.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Commute into and from work on the bike today.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I’ve started working out at home everyday to Lucy Wyndham Read on YouTube - I would really recommend her.

Lots of workouts for different lengths of time and different fitness levels while you are stuck at home, and no equipment needed.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

bramblerose wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:56 pm Commute into and from work on the bike today.
And again today. I've noticed the traffic isn't as bad but there's been more cyclists out than the couple I normally see. Not many but a few more.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Should have been our club efforts session tonight but we all did it separately. Warm up, 4 x progressive 1ks with a couple of minutes rest between.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well done Moje.

My god I miss running :cry:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s nice you did it together but separate.

Body Attack this morning (loved it, but it’s noisy on the hard floor!), run at lunchtime, Barre this evening.