March Fitness

mojojojo

Re: March Fitness

Post by mojojojo »

Sorry Smal. Is your foot no better? (Sorry if you’ve said elsewhere)
smalex

Post by smalex »

Its loads better... but not better enough...yet! I'm still plugging away doing circuits at home and the odd cycle.

You're on it Wendy!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

wendy james wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:00 pm That’s nice you did it together but separate.

Body Attack this morning (loved it, but it’s noisy on the hard floor!), run at lunchtime, Barre this evening.
It was still fun - we had a thread for it on our FB group so everyone could post their strava/garmin.

You’ve done tons the last couple of weeks, Wendy! How are you feeling? (Like, knackered, energised?)
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My gym announced at 9:30 tonight that the council have told them to close & they’ll let us know about Direct Debits soon. I’m sorry for all the staff. Chunk just moved up a level at swimming too.
smalex

Post by smalex »

We've heard nothing from ours either Pip. W just moved up too. He was doing so well. I hope he doesn't forget how to swim or something.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’m feeling great!

Our local two-site gym has cancelled all lessons and won’t be taking DD for lessons on 1 April. One site’s gym is currently closed for refurb anyway but the other site’s gym is moving to a booking basis to keep numbers low and allow for extra cleaning. Class sizes have been reduced, as have the number of classes. Climbing numbers are halved so people use alternate lines. Soft play is closed but racket sports courts and outside football pitches are still bookable.

They’re a not-for-profit charitable trust so even though PHE says pools are fine, they can’t afford to keep it open with all the other closures. A local farm that has a pool (mainly used for various lesson providers) is offering private access for £15 an hour!

Nuffield are keeping their pools open but closing sauna/steam/jacuzzi. Class timetable has halved and spaces for remaining classes have halved.

The Gym have cancelled all classes, inductions and PT sessions. They’ve put out of order signs on machines to enforce distancing.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I can’t run as I have the boys at home so I’m trying to do as much as I can with them here. I’m using the Nike app workouts and I’ve dug our my skipping rope for cardio. I only managed 12 minutes yesterday and was full on sweating! :flirt:

The boys have PE activities sent home so I’ve been doing circuits with them too. One activity is called namercize and each letter has an activity attached. (A= 50 star jumps, B= 25 burpees, C = 2 min wall sit) and you basically spell out your name. M ended up doing 250 star jumps because of his insistence on using the long version of his name.

Yoga and skipping today.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That sounds fun, Olive! I am having a rest day as I’m feeling a bit rough :(
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Bodystep yesterday (and a few minutes on it in the evening just to make up my step target :lol: ), then Bodycombat today and a walk for groceries.

ETA - are you feeling better mojo?
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I signed up to Les Mills on Demand and did Bodypump today (thanks for the code Wendy) - I have some hand weights that I figured would be fine for re-starting it again after a long time, and yep, they were fine. Definitely feeling all my muscles now!
smalex

Post by smalex »

6mile cycle, many hrs of gardening and then a quick walk to the park for frisbee.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

wendy james wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:11 pm
ETA - are you feeling better mojo?
Not too bad today, thanks Wendy. I felt really dizzy yesterday, which is often the precursor to a cold for me, but I’m ok so far today.

Got out for a gentle 4 mile run with S this morning. There was a cold wind but it was lovely and sunny.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

An hour of Just Dance on the old Xbox we’ve dug out, and an hour’s socially distant walk as a household.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My village gym club has sent through a week's planner with a daily routine :love:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

wendy james wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:55 pm An hour of Just Dance on the old Xbox we’ve dug out, and an hour’s socially distant walk as a household.
Ah, I used to love that game!

Socially distant 9 mile run in the sun today. Stomach issues meant I walked quite a bit of it (and cut short from the intended 10), but it was lovely to have a couple of hours of uninterrupted sun.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Yesterday was Bodypump and Joe Wicks (we all think he talks too much but he sounded nervous - is he always like that?!) plus a few steps to make my target.

This morning was Bodycombat then a Born to Move with Sproglette as she'd also got up early but didn't enjoy my class, then we did a dance class with Oti at lunchtime. I presume I'll fall short of steps again so will make them up this evening.
smalex

Post by smalex »

W did Joe Wicks this morning and there wasn't too much chat. I wonder if he's never done things live before (and probably without too much assistance). A million people tuned in today!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

This morning I did BodyBalance again from LMOD, I enjoyed it more this time as when I did it at the weekend the mat I was using was too spongy and I found it hard to get my balance so kept tumbling into the sofa. I used a thinner one this time and it was a bit better.

Tomorrow I might have a go on a mini stepper which is currently in the upstairs wardrobe, or see if I can do BodyPUMP just with hand weights.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve done intervals in a reasonably empty park. It was hard work but good to be out.
smalex

Post by smalex »

We went out for a cycle and stopped on a playing field to play football. If you can force the greater situation out of your mind it's quite nice. Quieter roads, families just taking their kids out for a walk. We took the opportunity to let W cycle on the road (between us), the roads are usually so busy near us that it's hair raising usually.