March Fitness

H1ppychick

Re: March Fitness

Post by H1ppychick »

Is Sh’Bam the LMOD version of their gym based BodyJAM classes, or something completely different? I love BodyJAM, I had no problems doing that in public (ie at a gym class).
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

No, Bodyjam isn’t on LMOD due to music licensing or something. It’s different. I know this only from the high volume of posts in the FB group asking about it. :mrgreen:
Luce

Post by Luce »

I think I might give this sh'bam a go. In the privacy (ha!) of my own home.
smalex

Post by smalex »

A shortish walk today, that's it.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Just a short (3m) run for me too. Felt really good then got caught in hail, stomach started being stupid, and my brain just totally threw in the towel :verm:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Better than nothing though!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

smalex wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:44 pm Better than nothing though!
I am in a grump about it. Did you have any pain after your run test the other day?
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Also, I think I heard on the news this morning that as part of the govt’s clarification yesterday, they’ve said running should only be half an hour :cry:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Hmm. A bit. I could feel it after about 300m, so turned and walked back. The next day I could feel it a bit when I walked. So obviously a vast improvement on a couple of weeks ago but I'll leave it another week now before I try again!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

It sounds like something that will be slow to come back from, smal?

I think that was just Michael Gove being pushed to clarify and he came out with something like, for most people it would be an hour’s walk, a half hour run or a cycle something in between.

Woo hoo! I did it. You can see the days where I was literally moving to hit the target then going to bed. :lol:
smalex

Post by smalex »

It will be slow, but...I guess now is the perfect time!?

That's really good Wendy! Will you keep going?!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Wendy!

I’ve just signed up to a live Pilates class from our gym for 7:30 tomorrow morning, via Zoom. Should be fun :lol:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Well done wendy!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Well done Wendy, that's amazing!

Bodypump today. I really enjoyed, but I need to get a barbell.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

mojojojo wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:59 pm Also, I think I heard on the news this morning that as part of the govt’s clarification yesterday, they’ve said running should only be half an hour :cry:
I thought it was for as long as you would normally which like Wendy said for *most* people, it would be 30 minutes or so for a run.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Yes I think/hope you’re both right - Gove was just expressing an opinion when asked, and I was worried that people might grab it and run (ha) with it.

Online Pilates was ok - not our usual instructor but still nice to get up early and do something.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

smalex wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:28 pm That's really good Wendy! Will you keep going?!
I don't know. I think it will naturally stop if I'm ill or injured, so I'm inclined to see how long I can keep it up! My settings count anything more than 15 minutes long as 'exercise' so I was thinking of increasing that (it's often more than) or my steps, but actually, it's nice to take a 'rest day' and do the minimum sometimes without resetting the clock. We'll see!

I'll probably start increasing my class times from mainly 30 minutes to 45 minutes at least once a day and see how that feels. This morning's Bodystep was ok at that length.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did one of my favourite body balance videos tonight. I think it’s the first I’ve I ever did in a class. Just the flexibility version, so no abs. :)
smalex

Post by smalex »

Weights circuit then a 3mile walk
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I did my 5/10/15 routine this morning then we went out on the bikes this afternoon after work. Did just short of 20km on a bit of an undulating route :)) It was cold!