March Fitness

Luce

Re: March Fitness

Post by Luce »

Oh. I give it a week before I give up half way through and sit down and watch the rest on my arse whilst eating chocolate.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I've been to parkrun this morning (while I still can)

Under 30 minutes again which I am.so pleased about.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

A week’s better than nowt. :mrgreen:

Swim, tennis and Pilates today.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Today I’ve done a legs accumulator (with added weights for a couple of exercises, now I’m using C’s 12kg KB), then a dumbbell workout with my 3.5kg DBs, and finally timed myself doing 50 walking lunges. Which was 1:28 and I don’t think that’s too bad considering I kept form throughout on jelly legs.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Parkrun this morning. L smashed his PB again, nearly 2 minutes faster.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Heavy weights, combination of two sessions since i missed one due to a hospital appointment.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue going to the gym - I'm careful about hand washing and wiping stuff down generally but there's no denying that they are filthy places. Once we're instructed to work from home I'll probably consider stopping.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:13 pm Parkrun this morning. L smashed his PB again, nearly 2 minutes faster.
Wow, that’s brilliant! Well done L.

7 miles today. It was meant to be 14 but I’m still feeling pretty rough. Happy to have got out though.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I was thinking similar Geek. My new near-work-gym is new full stop, and pretty quiet at 6am compared to my old near-work-gym, and has extra sanitisers, equipment wipes, etc.

My near-home-gym-with-pool has closed their gym for refurb anyway, and I understood that pools are not one of the worst places to be (hence still going this morning). However they, and near-home-gym-with-courts (plus soft play area!) have no additional sanitisers (though the Pilates teacher did bring some).

They’re not part of a larger chain and their lack of signage, updates on social media, etc. compared to The Gym and Nuffield are noticeable.

If we’re told to WFH then I don’t think I’ll keep going to the near home gyms. Fortunately, I can run (unless self isolating obvs) and have enough equipment at home to keep doing *something*, though it won’t be heavier weights sessions.

Anyway, I took some measurements about six weeks since I last did them. I’ve lost 3” overall, with gains on my biceps cancelling out some losses on my torso and legs.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Wendy!
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Bicep gainzzz for the win!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Luce, if you do try LMOD then there’s also children’s workouts if you search for “Born to Move”. They’re grouped by age, so Elvis and I just did a 6-7 year old one (the next one up is 8-12). Might give you and the boys something to do if you’re stuck in?
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

10 mile run this morning. The race should be next week but we're expecting it to be cancelled so we went and did the route today.

I am really proud of both me and D. We've both had injuries and we both have worked hard and steadily to get back to being able to run 10 miles again.

It involved a bit of walking but 10 miles is 10 miles!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did dance step and it was glorious, lost in the music & steps. But I doubt I’ll get to go again for a while.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Thanks, Wendy! I might film their reactions of me asking them to do it with me, for fun :)) We have been learning TikTok dances, mind.

I'm about to go for a walk (I won't come across one human, promise). A boring, stupid, walk :lg:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

10 miles is brilliant, Bramble!

Essex 5k relay event - I got a new PB :)) I also did another 3 miles in total before and after to make sure I got to 20 for the week.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

In case it closes soon I hit the cross trainer today at the gym like a woman possessed and did just over 5km in 45 minutes. Now I’ve built up a bit of stamina I’d like to work on getting that time for doing 5k done a lot quicker.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

A short run first thing, an hour of badminton, and a 30 minute Bodypump this evening. Another week of 100% steps and 7 days of exercise. :bel:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Core this morning and a run at lunchtime. We’ll go swimming later and I’m going to give a “ballet inspired workout” a bash this evening.

I’ve added a couple of bits to my equipment pile. :look:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ooh, what is it? I really want to buy a turbo trainer in case of quarantine, but S isn't sure it'll be suitable with my bike.

Well done everyone!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve added a bar, a step and a set of resistance tubes. I was struggling with my existing resistance bands this morning and P was picking up the step anyway. I’ve been dithering over the bar and weights but figured I’ll not be spending money on much else in the coming weeks, and it will come in handy long term anyway.