March Fitness

wendy james

Re: March Fitness

Post by wendy james »

Double reward. :mrgreen:

I just meant that Fitbit registered a couple of stretches of walking as ‘exercise’ and I hadn’t done a class or anything planned.

Weights this morning, tabata at lunchtime then a swim this evening with the girls.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I get boxing steps which are always gratefully received 😁
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I had such a good session in the gym today, I was really in the mood and did 4.5km in 40 mins on the cross trainer followed by some weights for my legs. And instead of treating myself to something to eat afterwards, my treat was a quick visit to the sauna so now feeling quite chilled out.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Hazey.

5.5 mile club run last night. Hilly & windy :lg:
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Heavy bag session yesterday, mostly boxing. My forearms and shoulders are feeling it today!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Bodypump yesterday morning then I was supposed to do a parent and child yoga class with the girls after school but it got cancelled due to low sign up rate. :(

I did a bit of indoor cycling to get me to my step target instead.

Weights this morning, then a run with the girls when I got home. ETA - Then a Sh’bam beginners session when they were in bed.
Last edited by wendy james on Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I was meant to ride into work this morning but the forecast was for high winds so I didn't. Did a 20 minute cycle track and about 10 minutes on the foam roller afterwards.

5km run tonight with D - nice and gentle and chatty
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Boxing session with my friend tonight. Nice and light, just as well since my serratus muscles are pretty tired from yesterday!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Did a lovely just shy of five miles tonight and it felt pretty much as good as it can do. Just some reps to do tomorrow night and then I'm good to go for the half on Sunday.

I also realised that I don't hurt anymore, like anywhere. I don't have to be careful coming downstairs or getting out of the car like I did, it seems that for now at least I really am totally fixed. God I hope it lasts.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

That's awesome toppers.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

That’s good news, TC. And perfect timing by the sound of it.

Second spin yesterday and it was not as uncomfortable which was a relief. I have treated myself to a gel seat cover but walked straight passed it on the way out the door :ella: PT this morning which is good as I’m starting to stiffen up from yesterday.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Good news and good luck for Sunday, Alan.

Another 20 minute indoor cycle set this morning.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Hurrah for no pain.

5K tonight as per. It didn’t feel too bad probably due to Tuesday’s enforced rest day until the last 800m or so which were straight into a cold wind.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Intro to RPM this morning, then a run at lunchtime.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates was all about the back of the body tonight so I’m preparing for pain tomorrow evening.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

You’re all working very hard! I’ve fallen a bit behind this week after my travel/recovery week last week (week week week). I did club run on Tuesday, but bailed on efforts last night and only manage less than 2 miles this morning before I felt dizzy and stopped :cry:

I’ve got to do 14 miles tomorrow, which I suspect will be painfully slow, and then a 5k as part of a relay on Sunday. I’m really looking forward to the relay, so I hope I feel better :fc:

That’s so good to hear, TC. Good luck on Sunday!
Luce

Post by Luce »

Good luck on Sunday, Alan.

No gym for me for the week now, due to self-isolation. I might have to do these videos at home type stuff!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Les Mills do a free trial, if that’s any use to you? Fitness Blender is free and has plenty of options. Good luck for the self isolation!

Weights this morning then Tabata at lunchtime. P is working so might try something after bedtime.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh you're the second person I've seen mention Fitness Blender so I'll have a look. I'm quite certain I lack discipline outside of a classroom, unfortunately, though!
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Fitness blender is really good (although Daniel is evil!).