The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Squirrel

Re: The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Post by Squirrel »

My area has gone white on the Covid map meaning there were less than three cases locally. How bloody annoying if just as it drops close to zero, that’s when I manage to catch it! :ruby:

I’m feeling really quite unwell now, which is also annoying. And even if it is just a cold, how fucking shit to have caught anything when I’ve been so bloody careful for months and months and months! Gaaaaahhh.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

That's incredibly annoying and shit. When all my colleagues and I got ill, our local cases were the lowest they had been in months. You should know soon - do you feel resigned to it?
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope you feel better soon, Squirrel.
maya

Post by maya »

olive wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:21 am You’re absolutely doing the right thing in getting tested, Squirrel. I didn’t have a cough or temperature initially and it started with feeling ropey too.

Fingers crossed it comes back negative and quickly!
Yes, I didn’t have a cough at all throughout several weeks of being ill with it and the temperature started a little bit after I started feeling crap. Fingers crossed for you!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ruby wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:27 pm When all my colleagues and I got ill, our local cases were the lowest they had been in months. You should know soon - do you feel resigned to it?
The low cases thing has wound me up so much! Infuriating.

I don’t feel resigned yet, I’m still at the panicking about shopping and dog walking stage. We’re running low on cheese :panic:. I’m less terrified about the actual illness than I was though. I think I’m focusing on the cheese etc as it’s more manageable than the prospect of long term illness / death :twitch:.

Local reports seem to be that results come in the next morning so :fc: that’s the case for us.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh Squiz! I do hope you feel better soon though and that your results come back negative so you can get cheese.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Squirrel wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:43 pm I’m feeling really quite unwell now, which is also annoying. And even if it is just a cold, how fucking shit to have caught anything when I’ve been so bloody careful for months and months and months! Gaaaaahhh.
I felt exactly the same as you, I hadn’t left the house in over a week when I caught it, and that was only to pop to the supermarket masked up but obvs had children in school and was furious to get it. People who have been a lot less careful than us really love to point this too. :lg:

I also went from feeling rundown with a headache to really unwell very quickly. I hope you feel better soon and it’s negative so you can at least get out to dog walk and get your cheese. :fc:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Do you feel back to normal now. olive?
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Squiz, I really hope you get your (negative) results early tomorrow, but I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish, regardless. Get yourself all the cheese as soon as you are able!
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

Squirrel, I hope you get the negative tomorrow and a chance to rest up and feel better soon x
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Disco wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:39 pm Do you feel back to normal now. olive?
Not 100%, I’m still having the odd weird vision episode, on going headaches and am perma knackered and I’ve still got a bit of a cough.
Disco

Post by Disco »

How rubbish. I guess it's early days with a normal known virus to still feel under par so I hope you continue to improve quickly.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

olive wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:44 pm Not 100%, I’m still having the odd weird vision episode, on going headaches and am perma knackered and I’ve still got a bit of a cough.
That sounds rubbish, I hope it fucks right off very soon.

I feel like murdering Mr S who is the world’s most relaxed person. I realise I’m the other end of the spectrum which isn’t cool.

I heard him say that he would take the dog out later. I pointed out that we might not get the results today and it could be positive. He said “oh yeah I forgot”. He fucking forgot! I’m checking my phone every 10 seconds and have nervous butterflies, and he forgot! Needless to say his result has now come through and is negative, so he’s pottering around humming to himself cheerfully, whilst I’m still waiting and my shoulders are up round my ears.

We are doing Sunday roast for lunch (with one fucking egg for the Yorkshires due not being able to go to the shops) So I’m planning to get drunk then fall asleep in front of a film this afternoon :ttth:.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Disco wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:11 pm How rubbish. I guess it's early days with a normal known virus to still feel under par so I hope you continue to improve quickly.
Thanks, I forgot I also still don’t fully have my sense of smell back but living with three dudes I don’t mind so much. :look:

That was like Mr O, Squirrel and I honestly wanted to kill him. He was making plans to go and pick up groceries (using contactless pick up as opposed to having them delivered) which sparked a massive row. He definitely thought I was being over cautious and kept ‘forgetting’ until I got my positive through the big twat.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

NEGATIVE thank fuck. I’m eating chocolate Santas to celebrate.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Great news!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Yay! You can kick your husband out with the dog with a clear conscience now, too. And go buy eggs etc.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Hurrah! And I hope you feel better, as that’s more important.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Yay! I hope you get better too.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Squirrel wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:09 pm NEGATIVE thank fuck. I’m eating chocolate Santas to celebrate.
Woo hoo! Still rest up if you feel unwell and boot Mr S out with the dog to buy eggs and cheese!