The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

How long is it since you were ill? And what was the aroma that made you notice?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:16 pm How long is it since you were ill? And what was the aroma that made you notice?
I would put money on it being e.g teenager’s socks rather than fresh baked bread or newly mown grass :))
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh congratulations, and also commiserations.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:16 pm How long is it since you were ill? And what was the aroma that made you notice?
November 20th was when I tested positive. :)) The first time I started to realise was a really strong smell of smoke, but looking back it had been happening for a week or so. Also, I opened the fridge and smelt something off and that's when I knew for sure. :mad:
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

That’s a long time to be without those senses! I lost everything for three weeks over Christmas a few years back and actually lost weight as everything tasted of cardboard and wasn’t worth the effort of eating :cry:

Just for the record, MissA is 17 and got a positive lateral flow test this morning (mine was negative). We have gone for PCR tests and are awaiting the results. Her symptoms started on Monday but she tested negative then, and are like a mild head cold with an occasional cough. But the really weird symptom is a headache behind her eyes that started yesterday, and she says she can move her head to look, can swivel her eyes to look up and down, but she can’t move her eyes to look from side to side without feeling terrible. Very peculiar. Fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets for us all… :)
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Oh I hope she's ok, Arietty. My niece has it at the moment (she's 17 this week) and her main symptom is a really bad headache.

To be clear - I didn't have complete anosmia, except for about 2 weeks. But my sense of smell has not been the same since. Some things I couldn't smell and some things were just different.