The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

viggy

The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Post by viggy »

In the absence of actual testing :ella: I'm interested in comparing symptoms with people who think they have it... And also provide a place for people to have a bit of a moan if they feel like crap.

Right now I have a persistent cough and runny nose - this wasn't causing me any alarm because my 7yo had had a runny nose and persistent cough (with a lot more mucus than me) for about three weeks. Unfortunately over the past couple of days I've started getting really wheezy and am on my blue inhaler about once an hour today. I have asthma that only really rears its head when I have a bad cold, which this could still be. No fever which is making me doubt its COVID-19.
F'Artiste

Re: The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Post by F'Artiste »

It’s hard, isn’t it, because it presents so differently for everyone.

I had a fever that came out of nowhere and ran on and off for 2-3 days. A persistent cough followed a day later (and is still pretty rough now). I also had awful non-stop diarrhoea :shame: for 5 days and my throat felt really weird and wheezy at times.

At times I felt slightly short of breath, but that might have been paranoia.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

The reported symptoms are so varied. Here they've (actual doctors) have said the fever can be very low; I'm not sure what people officially class as a fever temp?
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I warmed up slightly, but not to official fever level BTW. I was wheezy and short of breath, and had a cough.

Not tested, obviously, but I think I had it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

My best friend had vaguely any cough but a temperature, aches and great difficulty breathing. They came on fairly quickly, waned a bit them got substantially worse which according to the paramedics she saw was a pattern they were seeing frequently. Shes now beginning to feel better, thankfully
Luce

Post by Luce »

Both my children developed a cough last Friday. They both came home from school saying they'd been coughing all day. F doing it less than Theo and Theo was only doing it once every 5 minutes or so. They were both totally fine in themselves. The next day F was complaining of a slight headache and Theo got a temperature - not a screamingly high one, about 37.9. Calpol was enough for both of them and the coughing/headache had stopped by Monday/Tuesday.

I do think they had it. I knew there was a confirmed case in this town and it isn't a big one. I just assume it would have been too much a coincidence for that random scenario to happen if it wasn't covid - it was definitely not a typical illness and was quite unusual in its mildness.

I've no idea if I have it. I started feeling really sleepy and shivery last night but I feel fine today.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I have had what feel like hot flushes on and off for a few days now. They come and go, a bit like menopausal ones, so I've been wearing a cardigan which has been on and off all the time.

No cough, but a slightly tight chest, and an upset stomach that is easily controlled with Immodium. No unusual aches.

I have no idea if it is the start of something, an extremely mild dose of CV, psychosomatic or just normal but noticeable because I'm sitting about a lot.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

I haven't had symptoms but, since this is a thread for comparing other people's experiences, do you mind if I post an update from a friend of a friend? Her symptoms went away and then flared up again ...
My doctor rang me on Saturday morning 6 days into my dose of covid to check how I was as they have been advised that it is around this period when those infected can experience complications or escalations in symptoms. I had already come off the paracetamol by Thursday thinking it was all done and dusted apart from some breathlessness. However on Friday my symptoms flared up again particularly in my lungs. I thought it was down to me trying to do too much , too soon but in actual fact it was the virus following the symptomatic pattern. I was already ok again by Saturday and will stay on the paracetamol for a few more days but feel generally fine now.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That's worth knowing, OTH, thanks.

It is difficult to know what's what when things are vague, but it's obviously a good thing if one isn't certain - from all accounts we would all be absolutely sure if we had a serious dose.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

From what I’ve been reading, gastro symptoms (nausea, diarrhoea) are reported in almost half of patients. So if you have those and one or more of the others it would be prudent to assume a likely COVID-19 infection. OTH’s friend’s experience is also something I’ve been reading about in the etiology, so please be alert and track your symptoms if you can.

I’m sorry for all of you feeling rubbish. And I’m glad your friend has started to feel better, smal.
Panda

Post by Panda »

It’s the breathlessness that’s most anxiety-inducing. For me anyway. I worry (like we all probably do) that I am getting symptoms. I panic that I can’t get my breath, and of course the more I think about it the more I struggle. I’ve been like this since a teenager, but it’s dreadful at the moment.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes, she struggled with the breathlessness the most too. As in, as an actual symptom and In terms of anxiety
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I’ve felt breathless, wheezy and coughing but no temperature or anything else, I feel fine in myself. The cough was more than the threshold of three times in 24 hours, but wasn’t continuous. Intermittent headache.

My friend, who I possibly caught it from, had asthma symptoms, coughing, gastro symptoms, temperature and aches and pains. Her children had the same symptoms.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's interesting about the gastro symptoms. I had that along with flu stuff a couple of weeks ago. I assumed it was just flu but maybe it was covid. I had a cough too but I'd had that for weeks beforehand. I guess I'll never know.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

My son has just had diarrhoea, which he’s never had before.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Well, at the risk of tempting fate, if this is it I would be delighted, as I've felt like this for the best part of a week, so unless things take a dramatic turn for the worse, I may have got off very lightly. I've told Mr M to be extra careful (as will I, obviously) in case I pass on anything to him and he gets a more serous case.

I am now wondering about the breathlessness I have been suffering, too - but I think that started before the first cases were reported here. Again, though - we won't know unless they produce the test that shows if you have had it.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I don't know what to think now. 3 weeks ago we had what I assumed was norovirus. It was dramatic and aggressive, and I definitely had a fever and my body hurt all over. I was poorly for a good 3 days and never considered it could be CV but if gastro symptoms are part of it, who knows?
Heartsick.blog
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I've been feeling increasingly ropey all day. Just quite lethargic and with a headache I can't shift. My asthma is bad too although controllable with my inhalers. I have been coughing but it is mostly chesty.
I just took my temperature and it was 38.2.

I'm not sure what to think.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Ground yourselves for two weeks is what I think! Poor thing. Happy Mother’s Day, Ismee!
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Yeah that is what I'm thinking too. Fuck.