The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Ella77

Re: The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Post by Ella77 »

Same! This will run on and on while people think it’s ok to do that.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Agreed.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Boris has got CV, apparently.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Yes I genuinely thought it was okay for an hour as long as we are observing distances, arrgghhh! Thank fuck we live where we do as I can at least feel like we haven’t put anyone at risk.

For context , this was the last time I went out this week, nobody to be seen:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

What if someone with symptoms was out exercising and had an accident?! How would passers by and paramedics be able to help them? I know it’s unlikely but still possible.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Or if they were somewhere that’s usually empty but suddenly this time wasn’t?
Disco

Post by Disco »

I really didn't interpret the rules to be you're allowed out if observing distance. Maybe that's my comprehension skills but the odd day when I go out for a walk I'm expecting no one else to be out who've got symptoms! Bloody hell, I'm not going out full stop.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I read the UK rules to say you're allowed out for exercise when showing symptoms too. In France you are not.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Even though I have symptoms Mr O and the boys are running in our cul de sac. It’s tiny and they do a couple of loops.

All the houses are taking turns to be outside to exercise children and walk dogs. If we didn’t have this set up it would be mega stressful as the younger kids wouldn’t understand why they couldn’t run up to their friends. We’ve stopped going anywhere else.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I’m shocked that you’re allowed to go out if you have symptoms too. I’ve been blithely assuming that anyone we pass (as far away as possible!) wouldn’t be out if they had symptoms! God.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Not to make anyone into a shut-in, but 50% of those who have it show no symptoms so wouldn't think anything of going out. Hell, it could be any of us.

Basically, just keep your mandated distance from everyone. A level of caution is just sensible but don't let it turn into rampant paranoia.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

BUT RAMPANT PARANOIA IS ALL I HAVE LEFT.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

😄
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Yes, good point Derek. Also, the doctor on our news keeps saying that passing someone / handing over an object etc. is essentially risk-free. Obviously you run the risk that in those seconds someone coughs or sneezes, but generally it's more about touching surfaces or being in prolonged close quarters.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Edith Bacon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:20 pm What if someone with symptoms was out exercising and had an accident?! How would passers by and paramedics be able to help them? I know it’s unlikely but still possible.
The same way they would help if they had an accident indoors presumably. Most accidents happen in the home don't they? And especially, I would think, with many people now boinging around their living rooms to hitherto untried exercise routines.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I think there is a big difference between going to the shops for food and an isolated country walk and the latter seems absolutely fine to me and no different to standing in your own garden!
Luce

Post by Luce »

But Cluef, anyone with symptoms shouldn't even be passing you, they should be exercising alone. If they really had to go past you then 2m distance should be keeping you safe. It goes for everyone, symptoms or no because so many people could be carrying even without symptoms
Disco

Post by Disco »

To be fair I'm acting as if everyone has it, myself included.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

olive wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:51 pm All the houses are taking turns to be outside to exercise children and walk dogs. If we didn’t have this set up it would be mega stressful as the younger kids wouldn’t understand why they couldn’t run up to their friends.
That’s a good idea. I haven’t been out any further than our garden with L since she finished school, because she understands keeping a distance in theory but I worry that in practice if she saw one of her friends out it’d be a different story.
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I think it’s more that if you go out with symptoms, it’s more likely that you could cough or sneeze near someone whereas that’s less likely if you’re asymptomatic. I just can’t get rid of the view that by staying in if you know have symptoms you’re definitely keeping everyone safe. Obviously there’s the mental health aspect but we all have to take the hit on that at the moment. If some of us are asymptomatic then there’s not much we can do about that other than keeping the required distance and being out as briefly as possible.