The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks. I was, and I am again now. :ruby:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I’m sorry if this is an insensitive question, but those of you who believe (or are assuming) you’ve had COVID19, did any of you vomit and how bad were your headaches (if you had them)?

A colleague (who has been WFH as long as I have) took the day off with a migraine and mentioned she’d also been sick. I know headaches and gastro symptoms aren’t the most commonly presenting, and having never had a migraine I assume if you do get them you know what it is. But I am a bit suspicious and want to check on her without panicking her in the morning.

She does live with a flat mate who, I am positive, has not been observing social distancing as stringently and has been staying with her BF on and off over the last couple of weeks (no idea what he does), and also did a bar crawl about a week or so ago :ella: prior to our state ‘lockdown’ order. So for my poor colleague she has an exposure risk there. Thanks all.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

No vomiting here but I haven't had any gastro symptoms unless you count significant loss of appetite.

Headaches were no worse than my normal ones and typical of the kind I get: base of the skull, going down the neck and up around to behind my eye.

I am hopefully getting there now but my temp is still not right. This morning it's reading 37-37.1 but I still feel like I've got chills and had terrible vivid dreams. It's two weeks now since I first got ill with cold-like symptoms.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I had a constant headache for the first two days which was bearable but did not go away. No vomiting here.
maya

Post by maya »

Sorry to hear people are feeling unwell. It’s so hard to know - I woke up in the night with chills all over and this morning have a horrible headache and temp of 37.7 - normal for me is 36.8 or so. I don’t have a cough or a sore throat, I do have some sinus pressure. My husband thinks it’s not so he can still go out shopping etc - I’m not sure...
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Covid 19 definitely has gastro symptoms. My uncle had diarrhoea and breathing difficulties when he was hospitalised. (He is a lot older than you all though so please don't panic!)
Luce

Post by Luce »

I've had gastro issues although I wouldn't go as far as saying diarrhea. Just cramps.

I've also been skipping meals. For two weeks now I have basically only had my evening meal. I assumed the lack of appetite was just stress.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

When S was unsure/in denial yesterday I used this site to convince him: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19

It does sound like you need to isolate your household Maya.

S has more symptoms today - coughing although he says it’s not dry, loss of sense of smell and taste. Low fever, headache, aches and tiredness.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’ve downloaded the app from Guy’s & St Thomas’ & King’s college to self report symptoms daily.

Article about it below:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... oronavirus
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I've had a headache and sinus pain going round into my ears for the past week or so, coming and going. Yesterday even though the sun was out and it was warm, I was shivering cold. I woke up in the middle of the night last night covered in sweat. I don't have a cough but do have a mild sore throat and a funny metallic taste in my mouth. Unfortunately, I don;t own a thermometer of any description and the one I ordered from Amazon a week ago hasn't arrived yet.
I haven't been out anywhere apart from in the car to the new house (which is empty) but The Journalist has been doing our shopping.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

My SIL (who works for the Dept of Health) recommended that app a few days ago but I haven’t been able to find out who owns it (and therefore the data). Does anybody know? I’m thinking in terms of another Cambridge Analytica isdue primarily. (Apps can scrape all sorts of data off your phone, including from the buffer cache, e.g. when you copy and paste something.)
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

See the bottom of Rhod's link in the thread she posted Ella. It's for public health use only.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Oh I've just done a thread about it, the Instagram post did mention who created it. Hang on and I'll get the info from my other post.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/s ... o-21745632

I was sent this link (Daily Mirror) which lists six symptoms that can indicate a mild infection. I have had several of them - it's really just the lack of a cough that makes me disinclined to think it is/has been the virus. Every one has been mild, and in other circumstances I would definitely not have thought them serious enough to stay off work, so who knows? I think having far less to do than usual can make me notice things that I might otherwise ignore, too.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s more that I’m wondering who’s behind the Zoe Global Group. (I can see the names on Companies House, I don’t mean that.)
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I can't really see much beyond that, but it is a fair question. I haven't downloaded the app myself yet, as I wanted other opinions on whether it was legit or not!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

There have been some reports of gastro symptoms in the Pubmed searches I’ve been doing. MERS has gastro symptoms, and is a Coronavirus so it’s not completely mental.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I do think the app is legit and was designed with the best intentions, but I don’t trust Cummings, Johnson, Gove, etc. etc.

I hope you all start to feel better soon (and that you’re past the worst of it).
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I now have gastro issues although my temp isn't as high so it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Mr Is is feeling a bit rough now and H is too, I'm trying not to panic.

My lovely neighbour got us some shopping so that's great. If Mr Is/H do have it, that will be another 14 days that none of us can leave the house.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You should be able to go out sooner, Is.