Re: The "Do I have COVID-19?" thread

Post by baargain »

Yeah, the original infector wins :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Yes, poor person C in example 2. :lol:

I still have my annoying cough with bouts of feeling cold and shivery but still no fever. SLMT popped up so the cold and shivery could be that too.

None of the others seem to be having any symptoms (yet).
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That is so useful Pip, thank you!

S says he feel a lot better and still isn’t convinced he has it. Wandsworth - Westminster is his normal work route which he was doing until Weds last week and they are both proper hotspots and his colleagues have similar symptoms so I don’t know why he still thinks he has something else?! We will be isolating according to Pip’s table :teacher:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It was tweeted by an actual doctor, not my friend’s brother who works in ITU.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

That is good news and very helpful, thank you.

All three of my children aren't feeling great now. Hopefully it will just be very, very mild for them all.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Remember to keep them apart if you can, Is. I’m so sorry you’re not well.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Oof, Is. Lots of films, screens, water and rest. Have you got someone who can deliver stuff to you?
viggy

Post by viggy »

The steroid tablets the GP prescribed are really helping already - still coughing but less wheezing and I've only needed my inhaler a couple of times today. I'm still tired, and my throat is now scratchy, but no gastro issues and no fever. I'm not 100% convinced I have it, but since they're not testing, it doesn't matter does it?
viggy

Post by viggy »

Ismee wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:45 pm That is good news and very helpful, thank you.

All three of my children aren't feeling great now. Hopefully it will just be very, very mild for them all.
Oh no, the poor things, I hope its a mild dose.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

viggy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 pm The steroid tablets the GP prescribed are really helping already - still coughing but less wheezing and I've only needed my inhaler a couple of times today. I'm still tired, and my throat is now scratchy, but no gastro issues and no fever. I'm not 100% convinced I have it, but since they're not testing, it doesn't matter does it?
Well if you knew you’d had it you could be more relaxed about social distancing, and about getting a more serious illness later on.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Do we know definitively if you get it once, you can’t get it again?

I hope you guys are all going ok with it, and that your littlies aren’t too badly hit, Is.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

That's what the received wisdom is, that like any virus once you've had it, your body knows which antibodies to produce to protect itself (like a vaccine, basically). The question is whether or not it will mutate enough in the future for the body not to recognise it, but that's not the case as yet.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Sorry Ismee, that sounds awful. I hope you're on the mend and don't have to look after poorly children whilst unwell yourself.

Glad things have improved with the steroids, viggy.
maya

Post by maya »

Sorry to hear about the kids, Ismee - what symptoms do they have?

And Emma, what symptoms does S have?

My husband is a key worker (not healthcare) due to work tomorrow and is wavering over what to do. My temp has been steady 37.7/37.8 for the past 24 hours which is obvs not super high but also not normal, for me at least! I have a bit of a headache still and had a slight cough at night last night but nothing major.

ETA: I think he just doesn’t want to believe I may have it because it’s really important to him to keep delivering his work but he knows what the right thing to do is if there’s any doubt.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I hope your 3 are ok, Ismee and they only get a mild case and I’m pleased to hear the steroids have kicked in, Viggy.

Maya, my own consistent symptom is a cough so we’ve isolated on the basis of that. It does feel a bit like an over reaction but we’re definitely erring on the side of being overly cautious. I’ve had headaches on and off, periods of feeling cold and achey and the odd ear ache but mostly feel fine.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Sore throat, sneezing, headache, temperature which kept him awake on Monday night but it only slightly more raised than normal now, tiredness, aching, no sense of taste or smell. He is coughing a bit but not continuously. He thinks I've been over cautious but by the sounds of it a lot of people at his work have similar symptoms. and Westminster is absolutely rife with covid. They were all still going in to the office until last week.

George said he had a temp this morning and felt a bit sick. But he ate breakfast happily and has been playing in the garden ever since so he can't feel too bad.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

That sounds like pretty much a list of the known symptoms!

I also read earlier that extensive testing in Iceland shows 50% of carriers have no symptoms.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

That's a textbook list of symptoms, hes having a giraffe! Does he think if you're not on a ventilator it doesn't count??

So Iceland can manage extensive testing, but we're still on fewer than 10,000 a day :woteva:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I know. He didn't have all those symptoms to begin with but after about day 3 he had pretty much every single one.

Maya, if he's an essential worker it's even more important he isolates. Or he'll go in to work and potentially infect a lot more essential workers.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

To be fair, it's extensive relative to their population, certainly not in real terms.

I can't vouch for the scientific accuracy of these sites / info at all.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/featur ... o-symptoms
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... paa-island