July fitness

Penny Century

Re: July fitness

Post by Penny Century »

Sounds good Pip. I might wait and see how the gym situation pans out first - if I don't feel comfortable there I'll get in touch. Thank you.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

She’ll be starting the monthly challenge soon; usually August & January. More workouts, and you can pay for a stand-alone or get it as part of the monthly amount.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Does anybody use Map my Run? If you do, can you remember where the option is to auto plan a route? I'm trying to sort one out for tomorrow but can't find the option for the life of me.

I know that it's there, I used it last week! :lol:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Sorry, can’t help you find it, but I’m sure it must be there :lol:

Another week in virtual Tennessee. 38 miles including a couple of runs with other club members.

I signed up to something called “weekly 30” run by England Athletics, which seems like a good bit of fun/motivation: https://www.englandathletics.org/athlet ... challenge/

Are you going to do the August challenge, Pip?
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

that's amazing mileage mojojojo. I'm usually about 20 miles a week.

Topcat I can't find it either but I know it was there. I can only assume they've moved it to Premium (I have the free version)
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

They’ve done the same thing with strava.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

17.5km on the bike this morning...quite slow as I wasn't sure how my arm would be but it was ok for the most part.

Glad to see you getting back at it TC
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Is it the route genius thing TC? If so, it's now on premium.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

That's good going bramble especially when ill.

Blimey mojo, you are a machine!

I've been doing a lot of peloton but yesterday went out and did a 10k. I haven't run for a while but figured the peloton was at least keeping me fit. That may be true but oh my god my legs. I feel like I've run a marathon, my quads are on fire and I can barely move. I need to build back up from walking again I think. Still, I did it and will get my medal.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

I've found the same with running and cycling - they must use different muscles, or the same muscles but in a slightly different way? I think cycling hits the glutes more too than running does (or at least the way I run).

Hope your doms eases off soon! Quad doms is the very worst.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Penny Century wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 am I've found the same with running and cycling - they must use different muscles, or the same muscles but in a slightly different way? I think cycling hits the glutes more too than running does (or at least the way I run).
Yeah, I’d really like to be doing some cross-training on the (static) bike at the moment, but my cycling muscles will have atrophied by now, I think :lol: I do really need to do *something* :vague: with my arms and core too.

Thank you all for the encouragement- I feel duty bound, as ever to remind everyone how sloooow 90% of my runs are :))

Sorry to hear about the route function, if that’s what’s happened. As Tex said, strava have recently done the same :(
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The Garmin route planner is still available if that’s any use.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

You can use the route planner on MMR /MMF just not the "suggest a route" part.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

bramblerose wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:29 am Is it the route genius thing TC? If so, it's now on premium.
Ah, rubbish. That was good, that was.

I have planned myself a five miler for tonight, we will see how that goes. :))

My old pal Jo wants to come out with me later in the week for the first time in forever which is grand, I'm totally looking forward to that.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

5K this afternoon. Blimey it’s hot!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

100k is massive! My bum clenched in fear at that.

Mog, you seem to be well on the mend.

My Strava seems to be no longer syncing to my Garmin which is a pain. I've disconnected and reconnected but if it doesn't behave I might just delete the app. I'm still plugging away runningwise with mainly hills as I'm still keeping away from the flat. Yesterday I decided to make up a route with Mr D, we got lost and it meant a dangerous vertical climb which I'm not keen to replicate.

Geek is your gym opening soon? Would you go or wait a while?

I return to bootcamp on Wednesday morning for a socially distant small group workout. I need to remember my yoga mat, hand gel and some water.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Aye, that's five miles in the bag. I didn't think that I would get here so quickly so I'm pleased.

I'll do a three mile one tomorrow rather than the planned four though, I think. I'll see.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done Mog, you seem to be coming back to it in leaps and bounds.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Our usual walk tonight. I won't be running this week.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Topcat wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:26 pm Aye, that's five miles in the bag. I didn't think that I would get here so quickly so I'm pleased.

I'll do a three mile one tomorrow rather than the planned four though, I think. I'll see.
Yeahh! That's brilliant TC.