July fitness

geek_kitten

Re: July fitness

Post by geek_kitten »

Duophonic wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:59 pm 100k is massive! My bum clenched in fear at that.

Mog, you seem to be well on the mend.

My Strava seems to be no longer syncing to my Garmin which is a pain. I've disconnected and reconnected but if it doesn't behave I might just delete the app. I'm still plugging away runningwise with mainly hills as I'm still keeping away from the flat. Yesterday I decided to make up a route with Mr D, we got lost and it meant a dangerous vertical climb which I'm not keen to replicate.

Geek is your gym opening soon? Would you go or wait a while?

I return to bootcamp on Wednesday morning for a socially distant small group workout. I need to remember my yoga mat, hand gel and some water.
Vertical climb!?

My gym is reopening soon but I'm not going back until late August at the earliest (my sis and bil and niece are up in Scotland until then and we're forming a sort of loose extended bubble with them and my parents).

I'm honestly not sure when I'll go back after that - once my coach is comfortable holding pads I guess!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I cried off yoga tonight due to my arm and the antibiotics. I’m going to see if I feel better by Wednesday and join the gentle class then.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Cheers, gang.

There is so far to go but at the moment I'm pleased just to be out there. It seems like it's been forever.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Well done TC! Great to see you able to enjoy running again.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

4.6 miles this morning. Sunny but a bit chilly, glad I wore my long sleeves. Could just about feel my knee after 2 miles, but only just.

My mum is coming up to visit, it should be yoga tomorrow morning but I always feel weird exercising with visitors in the house. We've got a small place so it's not like there's a whole extra room I can retreat to, I'll just be in the kitchen with my legs around my head. She usually has a lie-in so I'll try then.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I wasn’t really feeling it, but I need to crack on and get through the HIIT before J starts the challenge. I don’t want to end up behind before I even start. I just did a weird weights/cardio hybrid and my arms and legs are like jelly.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

You must burn so many calories with all that you do, Pip.

I shuffled around three miles this evening, but it was hot and hard going. Not my finest, but it's miles on feet, I definitely need the rest tomorrow.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Another day off cycling but we had an early walk - about 6km
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

How are you feeling, Brambs? 100k when you're coming down with shingles is some going.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I didn't know I was at the time!

I'm ok, thanks. It's only minor really, just affecting my arm/shoulder but as normal, I don't realise I'm doing too much until I've done it :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

No, of course you wouldn't have, but you must have been feeling grim at the time but still pushed through.

Fair play mate!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

God, yes - I hadn’t put those two together Bramble! You must be knackered.

Well done, TC, and everyone else!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates was super hard tonight and I had to use the tough band because my friend forgot hers and I had to lend her my medium one. So I’d better have Madonna arms by morning.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I did my bootcamp in the pouring rain this morning. I thought it'd be cancelled but, no.

Absolutely soaked and I'll be sore in the morning.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

You’re doing really well to manage other exercise on top of GVRAT, Duo!

Fingers crossed for Madonna arms, and not just terrible doms, Pip :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I will have the worst DOMS ever, won’t I? :lol: I need to wash my hair tomorrow, hope I’ll be able to manage it.

Sorry about your rain Duo. It was a gorgeous summer evening for us.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Poor Pip will be zombie walking tomorrow.

I couldn’t face Jillian Michaels after wrestling a trolley round Sainsburys so 30 minutes on the rower tonight.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

As predicted I didn't do my yoga in the kitchen yesterday with my mum here. I'm meant to go for a run today, we'll see how that goes. Having visitors really throws me off my routine even though, for outside exercise, there's no practical reason not to do it!

Praying for Pip. Also how's the bullseye rash?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Thank you for the prayers. It’s not really gone, but it’s also not kicking off loads of heat anymore. I think I’m going to call the GP again tomorrow.

Want to see?
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Yes please! Sounds like it's on the way out, but I think you're right to check with the GP too.