July fitness

Topcat

Re: July fitness

Post by Topcat »

I got anotehr three miles under my belt today. It felt good and the times are all coming down, which I am still impatient about but also like to see the downward trend as it's happening.

I'm going running with my old group on Wednesday. :look: I won't be able to shut the fuck up with five other people to talk at for the first time in whatever it has been. :lol:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

An RPM class tonight. Felt good to be back!

The gym was clean with good signage and floor markings...just needed the idiots to follow the signs!

The receptionist was a bit slow so we missed a couple of minutes but I really enjoyed the class and my arm feels ok.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’ll be amazing, TC.

Yoga tonight. While making sure Chunk didn’t drown his pals. :look: Not quite as relaxing as hoped.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

I should be running this morning but I'm going to do the New York City Ballet workout in my kitchen instead :ballet:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I went for a change of scenery today and did the first nearly 7k of the Frome 10k Route. It just showed how terrible I am at running up hills :lol:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Enjoy the group run, TC. I felt really happy when I was able to get together with a few from my club. Unfortunately they’ve all taken it too far now and are meeting up in groups so big that I’m not comfortable. I’m meeting up with just a couple of them tomorrow though :fc:

Still trundling away here. I’ve upped my miles to 8 a day, which is making the whole thing very slow and tiring!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

8 miles every day?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

8 miles a day?! I can’t even imagine it. :))

I did a nice brisk 3km walk with my friend at lunchtime. Just enough to get out of breath. That’ll do for today.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We did a 3km ish walk yesterday and today before work.

I love being out in early morning. It's nice and peaceful.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:49 pm 8 miles every day?
Yar. Generally not all at once though. I did 9.5 today and have a 6 mile group run planned tomorrow so I’m NOT running in the morning, which feels great :))
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

bramblerose wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:59 pm We did a 3km ish walk yesterday and today before work.

The novelty of being out early has really worn off for me :lol: (and I’m never out half as early as you!)
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

:)). I've been used to getting up and out early for the last few years so it's nice to get back to it.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Ashtanga half primary this morning. Wheel pose is starting to feel much better - there's more flexibility in my upper spine, arms are straighter. The only area there's been no progress I can speak of is with my tight hips. I think I might need to start doing some daily hip opener drills, maybe do a session at lunchtime for those and for glutes (see if this helps with fucked knee)
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

bramblerose wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:59 pm
Same. I haven't managed such early starts recently due to staying up late binge-watching Netflix, but I love it when I do make it out, especially at this time of year.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

4km walk this morning.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

Due to not being able to commit to classes I have gone and found myself a PT. I don't doubt that I will regret this decision many, many times. :))
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

How did you decide on what PT to go with, Pawpads? I've sometimes thought about getting a PT but lots of things put me off, mainly around my intense social awkwardness.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

And a 6km walk this evening.

It was lovely and warm 🥰
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

You must be nearly finished by now, Mojo.

I'm still plugging away after two months of just plodding along and not doing anything exceptional I now have to streak until the finish. 6.6 is my minimum distance but I'm pulling double shifts to try and get a decent mid-August finish.

Mileage as of today for the month - 157 miles.

Bootcamp for me this morning and and rounding up the just over a mile there with a teatime 6 miles.

I'm so not an early up and at'em exerciser.

Well done folks, everyone's doing so well.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That kind of mileage just messes with my mind. It’s so far!

I’ve been to outdoors Pilates tonight. It rained again, but not too much. :)