July fitness

bramblerose

Re: July fitness

Post by bramblerose »

A shorter bike ride this morning. About 14km on the bike and a 6km walk this afternoon.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I'm running every other day - between 3 and 5 km and on the other days I am doing Insanity.
I still can't do push ups though.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I can’t really do push ups either, Pawpads.

Having a fairly good week so far, 30 miles in with a hill sessions yesterday and a 10k PB today :perky:

Going for an 8ish mile slooow run with S tomorrow as we need to hunt for street names again.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

What cracked push-ups for me was doing Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown a few years ago. Which is weird because there's no push ups in it! But there is a ton of chaturanga, which is a low bent-arm plank that Jillian makes you hold for ages. After a summer of that I found I could do one press up, and once you get that first one you're away.

I've got 10 miles to do in a bit - along the Clyde into town then out again. Just need to get off my arse and into running gear first.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We had signed up for a 50mile bike ride which was cancelled but they kept it as a virtual ride which could be done in stages or one long ride, so we did that yesterday. We also wanted to reach 100km so added on a few at the end.

A very lumpy ride with a big hill near the end and we did 103km. When we got back, I slept most of the afternoon!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did a lot of HIIT & weights on Saturday, so then followed it up with 45 minutes of Pilates in the garden yesterday.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Think I’d sleep for the rest of the week, bramble! Well done!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Good work everyone and gold stars to Gannet and Bramble.

I'm up to four miles now, had a few niggly issues with my shoes which I think weren't done up right enough, I could feel big shocks on my knees and I wasn't keen on that so I had to stop for a bit to sort that out. So Mo won't be shitting himself but I got round it otherwise comfortably.

It'll be interesting to see how my three miler goes tomorrow, that was my long run last week.
Last edited by Topcat on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Seems like it’s coming back, TC.

Sorry Bramble I totally stomped all over and did recognise your amazing ride! I can’t comprehend that kind of distance on a bike.

I’ve just done zoom yoga. We won’t be back in the village hall before September and I doubt C will fancy it even then. This works well for me now though.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Cheers chaps.

I really should do yoga...one day.

Anyway we had a recovery walk last night of 6km and a this morning a ride of 16km.

I'm supposed to be running tonight as well 😂
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

100k is amazing, Bramble! Well done to you both.

Slow & steady, TC :fc:
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

How do you like zoom yoga, Pip? I've tried a couple of classes and it's better than I thought it would be, but I had to do some serious furniture rearrangement first so the teacher could see what I was doing.

I can't quite wrap my head around 100km. Awesome feat.

3.5 mile run this morning - total shitshow. I seem to be suffering from some heinous mid-cycle bloat (is that a thing?) and it felt like I was carrying a massive water balloon in my pelvic girdle. One of those runs where every step is an effort.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

100km?! That is amazing.
I managed a 2.5mile walk before work. If I can't run then I can at least walk.
My daily step goal is increasing and have invested in some waterproof boots for when the weather cools. I don't want to have any excuse on why this can't continue.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think it helps that it’s my regular yoga teacher, and she’s never been one for correcting poses anyway. She checks were all still online but otherwise doesn’t really bother. I’m used to her, and pretty aware of positions and if I’m wrong. I don’t think it works that well for newbies to her classes though.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

100km, good grief!

5K for me and close to a PB, maybe next time.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Just take it easy TC.

Still a cracking time. Tex.

A 5km run walk with D. A bit quicker than last week and it felt a bit better too.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Wiggle wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:21 am 100km?! That is amazing.
I managed a 2.5mile walk before work. If I can't run then I can at least walk.
My daily step goal is increasing and have invested in some waterproof boots for when the weather cools. I don't want to have any excuse on why this can't continue.
We're the same Wiggle, we've got lights and waterproofs for the bikes and boots and jackets and a torch for walking. I don't want to stop when the mornings and nights get darker.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Yay, well done Toppers. And brambs! 100k is well impressive.

Death by hill sprints this lunchtime, and new programme weights this evening. My general opinion that my coach is a dick has not changed 😁
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Did the three miles in relative comfort today, but I think I need to sort my shoes out. The good news is that although I have a niggle, it isn't anything old so I have no fear there, I thnk I just need to replace my laces to hold the shoe together tighter.

So yes, it's still going all right I think. I know time isn't everything but it is still pleasing to see that coming down, despite the steady increases in distance. I will rest tomorrow and do the same three mile loop Thursday, then if all is well I'll do the four mile one on Friday and see how I am from there. All routes are incorporating some bastard inclines so it's all building the right way.

Slowly but surely.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:fc: it’s nothing serious. If the hills near you are like here you have my deepest sympathy.