August Fitness

mojojojo

Re: August Fitness

Post by mojojojo »

Penny, that looks amazing!

The splits, PG? :lol: Like Brambs, I can barely sit cross-legged so it’s not on my to-do list :lol:

Just under 9 miles (very) slow run with S yesterday, and a 3 mile walk today. I am enjoying the freedom/lack of mileage pressure :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Another walk tonight so just under 10km for the day.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

mojojojo wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:16 pm The splits, PG? :lol: Like Brambs, I can barely sit cross-legged so it’s not on my to-do list :lol:
Maybe in a year or so?! :lol:

I tried Ken's forward fold video, and I really like the teacher, but it's a bit too advanced for me - I can do the moves as they're suitable for beginners, but it's too complicated to watch and do at the same time, as I don't always understand what she's saying to do. I think I'll try watching it without doing anything first. Although not having the neighbour's dog barking outside the window as I tried to do it would have helped :mad:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak and I went for a very long walk earlier. The intention was to go to Costa but they closed as we arrived and so we did a huge long walk about bought ice cream instead.

I’ve also just done zoom yoga and did the final relaxation with my acupressure cushion under my shoulders.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m still up to date on the HIIT. God only knows how I’m managing it.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:33 pm I’m still up to date on the HIIT. God only knows how I’m managing it.
Strong like warrior :yes:

A walk to and from a RPM class. Release 80 which is a good hard set :love:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

14 and a bit km on the bike this morning. It was a gorgeous morning.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

3 miles run this morning - sporadic pacing as I bumped into S (On her last GVRAT run) a couple of times and also needed the loo for most of the second mike :lg:

8 miles of walking yesterday - 5 in the morning and 3 after work.

I’m really struggling with the not going out twice a day at the moment :lol: but I’m supposed to be trying to rest my legs a bit for Outrun at the end of the month.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I have been avoiding posting on this thread after I did virtually nothing while it was so hot and this week we’re on holiday but today we did a 35k quite hilly bike ride. A was very chuffed about making it up all the hills but has now crashed out exhausted :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds exhausting!

I’ve just done today’s HIIT. The theme this week has been lunges.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I've found a video that should help me sit cross legged :omm:

We've walked this morning then walked to and from the gym this afternoon. First gym session since lockdown followed by a SPRINT class :emme:

Well done the Tex family!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Friday challenge, anyone?
Madwoman wrote: Your third Friday Challenge is a good one (but not a competition!):

• You have 30 of your very best (AKA highest level) press ups to complete with excellent form.

• Time yourself doing them

• If it takes a minute, then you now complete a full minute of burpees. If you manage to do your press ups in less time... well then you will be spending less time doing burpees!!

😂evil laugh
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t think I can face that challenge after Dance Step. But it makes sense to try now while I’m still in workout gear.

Edit: I did it. 30 press-ups (10 full) in 1:03, then 12 burpees.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

Just finished a very windy PT session that seemed to be all about bloody squats.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:49 am I don’t think I can face that challenge after Dance Step. But it makes sense to try now while I’m still in workout gear.

Edit: I did it. 30 press-ups (10 full) in 1:03, then 12 burpees.
Well done Pip! I was going to try that but I have DOMS from the baby weights gym session I did last night :)). I may try it on Sunday
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

I felt a bit sick even reading that, Pip. Well done.

I have been quite slack exercise wise this week, because my job has changed up and I've been needing to go into the office Wed-Fri - that has meant a 10 mile round trip on my bike each day - surprisingly hard work, plus adjusting to being around actual people again, and talking and thinking and all stuff like that. I've done a couple of yoga sessions and one Bob Harper DVD (Total Body Transformation) off youtube, and that's it.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I think that's a lot considering your commute!

We're just back from am 8km walk which included a two beer stop off at the local craft beer place :))
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That sounds like a lot, Penny!

5 mile club run (trail) last night and a nearly 6 mile walk this evening.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Today is meant to be a freestyle but J posted another lunge & burpee heavy workout so I’ve done it in the absence of any imagination to do anything different.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I can hardly walk! I'm on day 2 DOMS :lol: