mojojojo

Re: August Fitness

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Pip! I am not inclined to do even one press-up right now :lol:
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Very impressive Pip!

Roma, Davina 'Power of 3' was the first workout DVD I ever did! Then it was Billy Blanks Tae-Bo but I did myself a mischief with that. Then Nell McAndrew's 'Ultimate Challenge' - a classic of the genre, but it is, essentially, running on the spot for 45 minutes so probably not the best for my borked knee.

Bob Harper again this morning. My legs and arse are still suffering from Wednesday so I was doing the most pitiful barely-there lunges and squats ever seen. I'm meant to be hillwalking on Sunday and the weather's nice so I'm determined to go, so I hope tomorrow brings a miraculous improvement.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

A gentle ride up the canal and off roads to meet mum in a park...just under 25km.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Day 8 of the HIIT challenge done. It’s warm out already, and I did my best in the garden in the shade. My burpees were resolutely low impact today. Though the final bit was how many press ups in a minute and while it’s a way off my original fitness test results, it’s warm & I'm mildly hungover so I’m pleased with 4 on toes and 15 3/4s after the workout.

Tomorrow is a freestyle day but I’m kind of hoping she posts Monday a day early so I can swap.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Tomorrow will be my last GVRAT day, barring disaster.

Have averaged just under 9 miles a day this week, which has been pretty rough as it’s got hotter. 8 miles this morning to leave just over 7.5 tomorrow. My posts to this thread after tomorrow are likely to be walks for a while :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That’s amazing Mojo.

I am slacking off a bit this weekend as MrTex is away with L and I don’t want to leave A on his own. We have just cycled out for pizza but it was only about 9.5k total.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We've just walked today. Usual 6km route
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

I have a hangover today, which feels very unfair because I didn't have that much to drink last night. Consequently I've done fuck all, apart from lie in bed reading and eating. I'll call that a rest day, and at least my legs now feel OK for tomorrow's hill walk. I'm going with a friend who is super fit and quite competitive, so I suspect she will set a punishing pace whilst pretending nonchalance.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve just completely surprised myself. I’ve done day 10 HIIT early so I can get away with just Yoga tomorrow (today is “freestyle”). It was an ascending pyramid but I took it up AND down, and almost managed to do every press up full. I started full on every set, but did drop back on the 4+ sets. C even came in & told me it was a good press up.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

That's an amazing improvement with the press ups Pip! Sounds like you're really nailing them.

Was a great day out on the hill with good company, not the beasting I was expecting. So sunny but a fresh breeze. We did a bit of scrambling to get up a pinnacle at the summit which was very fun. Then my knee hurt a bit on the descent but not too badly, not enough to ruin a lovely day.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That’s awesome, Pip!

I’m done :)) 7.8 miles run to my mum’s this morning. A friend from the running club joined me for the last few, and J M & S were waiting for me at the end :love:

Will seem weird not to have to think about miles/running tomorrow!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Well done it's a massive achievement.

I had a bit of a rubbish week as I was suffering from back pain and some weird 24hr bug I ended my week with a total of just over 34 miles.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That’s still really good mileage Duo! Sorry you’re not feeling great though.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

A ridiculously hot PT session this morning.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We're just back from a thoroughly hot, sticky yet enjoyable 52km ride. We headed down to Lymm, had a coffee and some snacks then came back via a local pub for a shandy and the heavens opened! Warm rain :))
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I now regularly do a 3mile walk before work and at the weekends it's around 5miles. I am really enjoying it and my next challenge is to reduce the total time.
Can anyone recomend a good online Pilates class or even a dvd?
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Wiggle! I can’t help with the Pilates, but I’m sure someone will know of one.

12 miles walk (!) today. J is having to walk his miles and I’m still counting mine to the end of the month so thought I’d go along. My feet are more sore than from any of the running :lol:
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Wiggle wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm I now regularly do a 3mile walk before work and at the weekends it's around 5miles. I am really enjoying it and my next challenge is to reduce the total time.
Can anyone recomend a good online Pilates class or even a dvd?
Wiggle, I've been doing a 30 day pilates program on YouTube. The lady's username is Moving Mango and she has loads of different videos, not just the programme I'm doing.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Thanks Mayday!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’d recommend my lady but her in person stuff is better than her online.

Today was a test day but I did a quick & hot walk at lunchtime.