August Fitness

bramblerose

Re: August Fitness

Post by bramblerose »

We've just walked to and from a very sweaty RPM class.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Another walk this morning and again tonight...about 10km in total.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I’m very annoyed that after 3.5 months of running every day I felt physically ok (other than tired), and now after one long walk I’ve got a painful blister and a really sore hamstring :cry:

Going to try a short run tomorrow as walking clearly doesn’t agree with me :lg:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Walking to and from a SPRINT class.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did another HIIT but it was more MIIT due to heat and aching limbs.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

MIIT :))

Well done Bramble. I can’t imagine doing a spin class in the heat we’ve been having!

I ended up running 8.5 miles yesterday for no good reason :lol: I went out with M for a short run in the morning and felt ok so carried on to 4 after she’d given up. Then one of our club was finishing GVRAT so I went out with a few of them and ended up doing another 4. It had cooled down so much last night, it was lovely!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'm still plodding on as per doing the same old same old. I can see the finish line practically but have been totally stupid and signed up for the virtual Edinburgh marathon which I'll be doing as an actual marathon and not in chunks over x amount of time, thankfully I'm not doing it until the beginning of November.

My plan is to finish the GVRAT with a couple of days to spare, have two days rest and then get back out there distance training.

8 miles yesterday - 2 walking, 6 running
Wednesday was 4 miles running and some bootcamp running drills
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

They’ve increased capacity in classes at the gym by moving things around so Dance Step was good this morning. No air con though.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That sounds like a great plan, Duo. I’m in awe of you doing boot camps & other stuff as well!

Are your Dance Step moves benefiting from the smaller classes, Pip :))

8 mile walk today. Felt a LOT better than the longer one earlier in the week. My blister has gone down and my hamstring felt much better after running yesterday.

Tomorrow will be a fairly inactive day as we’re crewing a friend who’s doing the ultra J was meant to be running tomorrow.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Well, I’m finding I’m not the worst person in the classes now there’s 20 instead of 12 allowed!

I did this when I got home too. 5:54.
This is your second Friday Challenge. Three rounds of the following for time (post your times below and be sure to make every rep count with good form):

• 10 press ups (choose correct level as chest must touch the floor for each rep to count)

• 10 mountain climbers (jump both feet in and out)

• 10 plank ups (start in a long arm plank position with hands under shoulders and lower yourself onto your elbows and back up = 1 rep)

• 10 burpees

GO!!
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Ooo nice. I have a ghastly high intensity met con workout to do later, so I’ll pinch that for one of the rounds and see how quickly I die.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

That was interesting :)) some nice short hill sprints to start, followed by 4x4 minute intervals of met con hell (with inadequate rest intervals of 2.5 minutes). I did Pip’s challenge for the first round (please thank your instructor for me, it was unpleasant and therefore ideal). Followed by 10 KB swings alternated with 10 burpees. And then 10 sidewinders alternated with ten KB cleans. With 10 jump squats alternated with 10 KB swings for the final interval.

These workouts remain horrific and are harder if anything than when I started doing them. I plaintively asked my coach once why they weren’t getting easier because things usually do, and he cheerily told me that they don’t ever get easier really, you can just keep going at at a higher intensity for longer. Then he told me to up it to 5x4 intervals and I told him to fuck off :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s the kind of thing J says. Or if it gets easier, add weights.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Dear lord!

Pip, I didn't know your chest was supposed to touch the ground in a press up?? I definitely can't do that (and in an adapted pose it's not possible surely?).

I have been trying to work exercise into my daily routine as well as doing tiny proper bits, so yesterday when hanging out the washing I squatted every time I took something out of the basket rather than bending down. I am feeling it a bit this morning so that's good. Otherwise I am doing a "30 days to 6 pack" program which clearly won't deliver, but should do something at least
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

J sometimes likes us to get all the way down, let go of hands and come back up straight. That is bloody hard. I have big boobs so my chest touching the mat has a slight advantage. I think it’s easier (and imperative) for your chest to touch the floor from 3/4 or box.

I’ve watched others doing press ups on FB groups I’m in and their technique is not the one I’ve been taught, so it makes me suspicious when anyone reckons they can do loads in a minute that they’re not doing the way I do them.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My understanding was that you go down so that your upper arms are horizontal.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I've been taught to get to the floor as well. My problem is I have stupidly long arms and have to travel further. For me it's always the quality of the rep rather than the quantity.
Today's PT was really good especially for an early morning session; lots of glute work including deadlifts. I also hadn't eaten since I now do intermittent fasting and didn't feel unwell at all.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Well I've just googled "proper form for press-up" and yep, pretty much every video clip I've seen with people doing lots of them are doing it wrong. Including in that 800cal lockdown diet program where Michael Moseley shows off that he can do lots of press-ups at 63 (although it was still very impressive).
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I still have no real idea how to do a press up. I absolutely hate them.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Interim fitness tests and I’ve achieved a burpee PB!

I can’t load my attachment so I’m just going to type it out like a proper stats obsessed geek.

31 July. [15 Aug.]
Squats 12kg. 36. [ 43]
Press ups. 10T 13k. [12T 12k]
Lunges 5kg dbs 33. [47]
Tricep dips. 29. [34. ] (Bent knees)
Side plank R. 51. [51]
Sit ups. 21. [22]
Side plank L. 43. [51]
Burpees (full) 13. [17]

I’m impressed! I’ve put on weight though, due to indulgent & rich living for the past few weeks. It’s time to knuckle down on the excess there.