August Fitness

Penny Century

Re: August Fitness

Post by Penny Century »

Wiggle wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:49 pm
I also have a physio appointment this week to see what's causing the knee pain when I try running.
As another borked knee person, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this!

I've self diagnosed mine, not that it matters because I'm just going to not run until it's better when I do. If there's no improvement in a month I'll try physio too.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

PT session this afternoon. I spent a lot of the time trying to stay in the shade but wasn't always able to.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

9 miles in total for me today.

7 mile loop with my running buddies (one is in recovery from injury so the walking sections are more than welcome).

2 miles walk around an RSPB wetlands.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

6km walk this afternoon
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Here it is!

I managed to do just under 9 miles today in 3 separate runs :lol:

I felt so crap (stomach) that I had to cut the first one short, then tried again at lunch but still felt bad, and eventually did 3 miles this evening that felt ok :emme:

If I can do the same every day this week, I’ll be done on Sunday. I’m leaning towards not carrying on for the 800 at the moment - so tired!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve sort of done today’s HIIT but the tricep stuff in it was too much. I did weights and band stuff instead of crab walking.

My section scar has gone weird, it’s really grim. :uhh:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Copied from my accidental lurch back to July. I know lockdown means it feels like it should be April but that’s no excuse really.

201 miles :emme:

I cycled today. L needs a new bike so we were testing a mountain bike one of the neighbours has for sale. It wasn’t entirely successful, the pub was shut and the bike weighed a ton so I ended up riding it back while he had mine but it was useful in that he now knows he wants a lightweight hybrid.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Sounds like a painful way to find out.

I’ve done yoga too. C was listening in and kept chatting to me do not the most relaxing class but it was fine.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Just over 2 miles to drop off a parcel. Not the 6.6 it should've been
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Duophonic wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:14 pm Just over 2 miles to drop off a parcel. Not the 6.6 it should've been
Wrong postcode?
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Lol no.

Mr D was selling stuff on eBay and Hermes didn't get around to picking them up today so I walked over to our nearest drop off point.

You must be exhausted Moj. If it were me I'd quit at the 635 mile mark.

181 miles to go
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I am pretty beat. Hoping the finish line being in sight will get me through this week.

I’ve got my 12 hour event on 29th, and I really think I need to taper for that one if I’m going to enjoy it.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Feed back from the physio is that the issues with my back/knee/ankle are all due to my hypermobilty. I have lots of excercises to strengthen things up and teach my brain what to do or not do. They agreed that ankle braces will help stop me going over them.
On a plus point she does think if we can get things sorted that running is still possible.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

A truly horrible 6.5k round Frome today :lol: I had a crack at the other end of the 10K route and the hills are terrible plus it’s really hot.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That sounds tentatively good, Wiggle. Sorry about your issues though.

Sorry for your truly horrible run, Tex :lol:

9 miles today, made up of a 5 and a 4, so still on track for the weekend.

I meant to ask about your scar, Pip. Is it ok?
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Fingers crossed Wiggle.

A walk to and from the gym to do an RPM class.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates tonight and I’m keeping up with the challenge so far.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

That sounds more positive Wiggle.

5 miles for me in the torrential rain and 40mph gusts
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did day #5 HIIT this morning before starting work. I just know I’ll slip behind on this challenge and I’m really trying not to. I can’t exercise on a full stomach though and ended up feeling sick and shaky until I could eat.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Wiggle wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:49 pm Feed back from the physio is that the issues with my back/knee/ankle are all due to my hypermobilty. I have lots of excercises to strengthen things up and teach my brain what to do or not do. They agreed that ankle braces will help stop me going over them.
On a plus point she does think if we can get things sorted that running is still possible.
This is interesting, as I'm hypermobile in certain joints too. Glad to hear that running's not off the menu - good luck keeping up with your rehab exercises (I am so very bad at that). What sort of exercises are they?

Today would have been a running day but I'm off it for a month so I did a one hour Bob Harper class on Youtube instead. It was horribly good, non stop old school cardio, lots of plyometric moves with some weights and push ups thrown in. It made me realise why I've become a slower runner: this was the sort of thing I used to do on my days off a few years ago. When I last got injured I switched to weight training almost completely, and cardio went out the window apart from riding my bike everywhere.

So Bob Harper twice a week from now on, mixing it up with yoga and barre.