Vaccine (Good) News

Texaco Shirley

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L should be getting the Covid jab the week after half term but they’ve said consent has to be given no more than 48 hours in advance. No idea why.

ETA no I misremembered, they will ask for consent a few days before.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

emma_p wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:00 pm Did anyone else know that the nasal flu contains pork gelatine? I noticed when I filled out G's consent form. It wasn't mentioned on Liv's, I don't think. It must be the same vaccine though.
Yes. I don't know if they're are different batches/types, but the one we're getting at our school has pork gelatine too. It spells it all out on the form. You can opt for the injection instead if you want.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I am done :perky:. Pfizer'd up. I'm already slightly hung over and very tired so I hope I don't feel rough.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good news Smal. How are you feeling now?

I’ve just had Pfizer in my right arm & flu in my left. I had to wait 15 minutes & there was no phone signal (not sure when the upgrade kicks in) so I closed my eyes for a bit which sent the ops manager into a flap.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Fine... apart from a painful arm (standard). I'm pleasantly surprised.

Good times Pip! My sister is quibbling about getting a booster (guilt) but I said it didn't seem like the vaccine centre was overrun!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s a well oiled machine now, but they definitely weren’t rushed off their feet here. I feel no guilt, I’m viewing it as being a healthcare ambassador for vaccines. We have to role model good practice.
smalex

Post by smalex »

She's not healthcare so I think that's where the guilt comes in. I said someone somewhere has decided and she should go with that. Its not denying anyone else.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Exactly, she should. Sell the role model angle anyway.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

What did she decide Smal?

I happened to be in the pharmacy yesterday and they had flu jabs going so I jumped at the chance. The nurse told me that this was the first time they'd had a supply for under 65s, so my timing was good - and she's not wrong, I'm on the waiting list at my Doctors surgery, and had tried two other pharmacies in Brighton last week, and they had both said that supply chain issues meant they didn't know when they were getting any in.

I know I can book my booster a week before it's due via a number on my surgery website though, so that's good.
Luce

Post by Luce »

F got his pfizer today! :frolic: Out of our little family of 9 that leaves only Theo who is either unvaccinated or hasn't had covid. But I read that unvaccinated people's risk is cut down significantly when they live with vaccinated people so that is good news.

Thank fuck because our case rate is currently riding high at 1222/100k :eek:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Hurrah for F!

My mum got boosted today, with Pfizer. In the end she got her text invite on Wednesday.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The vaccine from the trial has finally reported Phase 3 results and they're good. The people in that phase had Valneva or AZ as a double blind, and Valneva was better than AZ. I'm really pleased being part of it meant something in the end. Even if we have cancelled our order.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

That's good to hear, Smal!

My mum has a date for her booster, just about 6 months since her second vaccine. She gets her flu jab at the same time.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

My mum just told me she’s had her booster (Moderna this time after two AZ) and her flu shot as well. That’s super reassuring. She’s suffering with side effects this time though which she didn’t last time.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My mum hasn't been called for her booster yet, and says she won't have the 'flu jab at the same time, as she is adamant that the last time she had a 'flu jab she got 'flu from it :mad:
Glint

Post by Glint »

My mum has her booster in a few weeks but, as usual, declined her flu jag :shrug:
Disco

Post by Disco »

My dad will be getting his booster on Sunday - he was unblinded and had the meningitis vaccine as the control - and my mum had a booster in the trial but wasn't unblinded. However, my dad thinks he's worked out the code on the letters they received from the trial and they think my mum had an AZ booster which she thought she did at the time because of the side effects she experienced.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Both my parents and S's had to call to ask about their boosters. Anecdotally, I don't think the boosters have been as smooth and joined up as the original vaccine programme. Definitely suggest your mum calls her Doctor PG.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I will :yes:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

S got a text yesterday to book his booster jab (a little less than six months since his second) and is booked in on Wednesday.