Vaccine (Good) News

Cerise

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Cerise »

Yes, I’ve seen walk ins advertised for 16/17 year olds around here.
Little My

Post by Little My »

smalex wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:42 pm 11! That's amazing. I wish so hard they'd do kids (even though W isn't 11 for 6 months). He's asked several times when he's getting his vaccine :puppy:
It's not open to all 11 year olds here, just the ones turning 12 this year. I'm so relieved because she is the youngest in her class and so would have been last to qualify once she officially turned 12. It had been stated this week that fully vaccinated students will not be required to isolate if they are a close contact of a known case, which made me so nervous as the classroom is packed and it just seemed to put her at increased risk.

5-11 year olds will hopefully be given the green light in October. That's the prediction anyway.

No word yet in the UK for under-16's?
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

They are now advertising it for 16-17 year olds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Starry

Post by Starry »

We’re starting 12-15 year olds this weekend - a few friends registered as soon as it opened two days ago and they have appointments for Saturday already. No sign of under 12s though.
smalex

Post by smalex »

No, nothing for under 16s. Mood music seems to be not giving it. I do get it, but christ, haven't they sacrificed enough to deserve to be (and feel) protected?!
Disco

Post by Disco »

I fully expect the under 16svwill be offered it after a few more weeks of twats in power saying no

It’s ridiculous. They’re so reactive / uturny. Pigeons learn quicker.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Thanks to this thread I have just spotted a nearby walk-in taking 16-18 year olds tomorrow so I’m making Mr C take youngest along which means he’ll at least have had one jab before he goes to the music festival at the end of the month. Hurrah!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Hurrah! Monk had his on Saturday. Apart from a slightly aching arm he’s had no side effects.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Good news, Chicky and Disco!
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Good news, Chicky! Glad Monk had no (major) side effects, Disco. Jack had his on Saturday (I'm immensely proud of him, given his various issues, but he was determined), and also only had a sore arm. He asked for a painkiller once on Sunday, and said it was just annoying the rest of the time.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Good one, chaps! Love hearing of the kids getting it. Saying which, apparently Moderna has now just been approved in the UK for the 12s and over - fingers crossed that becomes apparent soon! I shall be marching my nearly-13 year old down there as soon as I can!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Oh wow, Moderna is still not approved for 12+ here. That's great!

R had no real side effects either, just the sore arm. We told her she could have a treat, and were fully expecting ice cream or McD's, but all she wanted was a new book for her Kobo. :love: So that worked well for a duvet day.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It's great news about the Moderna and 11-15 year olds. I bet it will be open to them within weeks. Maybe they'll all get done the first week back at school at school.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

My 16 year old niece is getting her jab on Saturday. :love:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I will be so relieved when secondary school age kids get vaccines.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’m so glad to hear children are becoming increasingly eligible for it!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Cube is 12 and the doctor said I’m categorised as immunosuppressed so he’s eligible and is getting it next Saturday.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I am on the waitlist for a trial of vaccine boosters (Moderna). They are dosing all cohorts next week and I just need one person to drop out in my cohort to get the call. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I really want to be in this study (and get a booster dose!)
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Cube has just had his first! I was expecting Moderna but he got Pfizer so he’ll have to go for another.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's good news, Kleio! I hope he has minimal side effects. Moderna is also a two dose vaccine, so it wouldn't have made any difference.