Vaccine (Good) News

Dutchie

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Dutchie »

I am so jealous of all you lot!! ;) Over here, the whole vaccination programme is a shambles and they won't actually START vaccinating until January 8th. Probably. If their systems are up and running by then. :ella: Honestly, this is infuriating me! Our numbers are through the roof, every single country around us is vaccinating away quite happily but here, in supposedly one of the most organised countries in the world, they bloody well can't get their arses in gear. Argh. :no:
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

My mother (83) is now booked in for this Thursday at the local community centre. I have a headache from trying to help her (remotely) create an on-line account and book the slot, though. Few over 80’s could do it without help, I fear.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

My mum has been asked to be a vaccinator, but she's got to go through 20 online "modules" before... including anti-radicalism, conflict resolution and child safeguarding. Just as well we're not in the grips of a crisis and there's no urgency about this.

I would think most elderly people will get appointments through their surgery. Here's hoping!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Mr Speedy's just had a phone-call from a hospital colleague to book his vaccine for next week. He's in IT but has been up on the Covid wards (fully ppe'd up). Unfortunately can't as he's self-isolating till next weekend because of his considerate colleague. However still good news.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

D has just messaged me to let me know her second Jab is still going ahead next week!

Although the ward she's working on has had an outbreak and there's 11 patients with Covid :ella:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Gosh Bramble, how scary. She is doing great work!

First Astra Zeneca/Oxford vaccine administered today, a small ray of light :fc:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

My mum's second jab is this Saturday 9th so I'm keeping everything crossed she has it

She had no reaction to the first one
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Disco

Post by Disco »

Hurrah for second doses happening!
Luce

Post by Luce »

If this was a movie, they'd have rolled our army trucks and had the whole country jabbed in a week. Surely absolutely everything has to be thrown at vaccines now. I don't know anyone, even the most robust people, who isn't now hanging on to their sanity by a thread.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think, tbf (and christ knows why I'm being 'fair') but we need to judge the roll out in a couple of weeks. The main hope vaccine was only started today. It needs to be manufactured in huge bulk and transported and vaccine hubs needs to iron out issues with giving it.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

My younger sis is getting her second dose of the Pfizer one on Wednesday, and my older sis is getting her first jab on Friday (of the Oxford one, I hope, since she’s booked in for her second one 80 days later, and I’ve heard that’s okay with the Oxford one but not the Pfizer).
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

Some of the difficulty with the roll out is that certainly the Pfizer one has to be prepared (mixed in dilution) before being administered. The mixing can only be done by folk like pharmacists etc. Some of our admin staff have trained as vaccinators so that clinicians who are needed to prepare the vaccine are freed up.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

My sister has her vaccine booked for next Friday. She's a health visitor on maternity leave so although frontline I assume not the absolute front of the queue.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh that’s great news, Heebie, and for HVs in general. I got so much from my HV and her visits so I’m glad they continue, but it must be so hard for them to be constantly going into new homes the way things are.
smalex

Post by smalex »

My auntie (74) is getting it on Friday! My first actual family member. My aunt and uncle were very strict (a bit insanely so, in our opinion) so hopefully they'll feel a bit more comfortable once my uncle has it too (hes a couple of months younger).
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

smalex wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:32 pm My auntie (74) is getting it on Friday! My first actual family member. My aunt and uncle were very strict (a bit insanely so, in our opinion) so hopefully they'll feel a bit more comfortable once my uncle has it too (hes a couple of months younger).
I'm very pleased for your auntie, but does that mean all priority groups one and 2 have been done?

I can feel myself starting to feel bitter that no one has contacted my mum yet :))
Malan
Luce

Post by Luce »

Yeah, I’m worried this thread might cause resentment. We mustn’t forget whose fault it is - not that any of us here are likely to!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

My dad also hasn’t heard anything, Marth. I told him to turn his mobile phone on at least once a day in case they’re texting instead of calling.

It’s great news to hear of people getting it.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

It'll depend on your health board, I would guess, or maybe even the practice. Could you contact her GP practice just to ask generally when they are starting?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
mischief

Post by mischief »

My mum who is 81 was rung by her gp today to give consent and should be getting it in the next fortnight