Vaccine (Good) News

Edith Bacon

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Edith Bacon »

E had her covid jab at school on Thursday. I was surprised they didn’t give them the flu spray at the same time, but there you go. She’s only suffered with a bit of an achey arm.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

That's good about S's booster and E getting her jab.

Regarding the lack of summons for boosters - here the place where I went for my second jab as a walk-in are doing walk-ins for boosters as well and the only criteria is being 6 months beyond your second jab (you need ID and proof of this). You don't have to have been invited. When a lot of the earlier/more elderly cohorts got their original jabs, walk-ins weren't really a thing so they're patiently waiting for their invite, not realising. There's been a lot of trying to publicise and spread the word around here.

So if you know people who are getting frustrated with not being invited it might be worth checking out what your local area is doing walk-in wise. I know it's different depending on locality. This particular place is a pharmacy-run centre, which has actually moved to be even closer to where I live so when my 6 months (or 5 months if they change it) are up I'll be in like a shot.
mischief

Post by mischief »

My mum, who is 81, had her booster about 2 weeks ago. My stepdad had booked an appointment for her in the next week online and then her doctor phoned and she had it the following day
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My mum’s care company have booked her in for the booster and flu jab combined at the local chemist. No info from her actual GP.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My brother and his wife in SE Asia had the SinoVacc (x 2), and have just been able to get an AZ booster, which they've both had strong reactions to. Is it reasonable to believe that means that the SinoVacc wasn't very effective?
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I didnt think there is any correlation between reaction to the jab and it’s efficacy?

My dad has just had his booster, it was arranged through his GP. He’s 72.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I was under the impression it’s just something you say to the poor bedridden sod to make them feel better about feeling rubbish (I can say this as someone who felt completely dreadful & needed to skip work after 2 out of 3 shots).
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ah OK. Obviously I hope they have protection from the SinoVacc. But they didn't feel ill after it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I've been to get N Pfizered today. I booked it online last night. I can't be arsed waiting for school - I don't understand why they're so delayed. He's got his flu vaccine after half term.

My dad has also, finally, been able to book his booster. Although it's at a town hall in West Yorkshire. :shrug: I feel like the wheels have started to come off the vaccine delivery.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The school rollout has been really poor, and it’s not like they don’t actually know what they’re doing.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

My mum got her booster appointment sent out to her, same as the original vaccine. It's at the same place she got the vaccine too, and she gets the flu jab at the same time.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I’ve just booked A in to have his vaccination at the GP on Friday. Heaven knows when they will get round to his school; I’m surprised they didn’t do it when they did their flu sprays a couple of weeks ago.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Flu sprays here aren’t until November (for Chunk, no idea when Squeak has hers).
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

A had his flu spray but not the covid jab, whereas E’s school have had the covid jab but not the flu spray. It all feels wildly inefficient.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

My two had the flu sprays a few weeks back - G's meant to have the covid jab the week after half term. I did check availability for him to have it done this week (most days showing as an option somewhere reasonably local) but he said he wanted to do it at school.
Luce

Post by Luce »

15% of 12-15 year olds have been jabbed. I imagine the vast majority of the rest couldn’t get theirs because they were too busy having COVID. The Gov need to choose between jabs or lockdown and seem to inexplicably be choosing lockdown.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

In South Wales they're just on over 80s for the boosters so it looks like my parents will be waiting a while.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

J had the flu vaccine in September and the Covid vaccine a couple of weeks ago. D is due his flu spray next week.
Disco

Post by Disco »

What ages get the flu vaccine at school? I can google.

Should I pay for Monk to get one at Boots or something?

My dad had his booster on his trial today so he's had one of three: full Pfizer, half Pfizer or half Moderna.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

12-17.