ParisGal

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by ParisGal »

We got our appointments :frolic:
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

We got our second jabs yesterday and I'm just so relieved as we both got texts to bring our appointments forward
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That’s great, diz and PG.

Has anybody here (in England) cancelled their second appointment and re-booked it for sooner without being told officially that they can? I’m considering giving it a go (assuming it’s ok and I’m not jumping the queue) but I’m wary of losing my slot. What do you think?
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Ella77 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:14 pm That’s great, diz and PG.

Has anybody here (in England) cancelled their second appointment and re-booked it for sooner without being told officially that they can? I’m considering giving it a go (assuming it’s ok and I’m not jumping the queue) but I’m wary of losing my slot. What do you think?
I'm going to try for a walk in appointment once I'm at eight weeks post first jab which is 9th June versus my appointment on the 30th. I'm not confident enough to cancel and rebook. I think the eight weeks is key though.

Friends in Herts did this, at exactly the 8 week point. Then you can just cancel your booked second one. Obviously you need to know where is doing walk ins. The place I'm booked at is doing them a lot at the moment when they don't have booked appointments : eg they did them all day Friday and Saturday.
Last edited by Rebel Pebble on Sun May 30, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I did it Ella. I chanced it and managed to get an appointment at a much closer venue and an earlier date. There were lots of appointments to choose from too.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Ella77 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:14 pm That’s great, diz and PG.

I wondered about this. I don't want them cancel mine and then not be able to rebook but loads of people I know have now had their second jabs and no-one has been in touch with me.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ooh. Thanks, both. I’m glad you got yours, Is.

Rebs, what’s the 8 weeks thing? Is that when the text messages start coming out, or something else? Is there an “ideal” interval between the two?

Same, Woo. I keep hearing of people doing it. How long until yours?
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Ella77 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:56 pm Ooh. Thanks, both. I’m glad you got yours, Is.

Reba, what’s the 8 weeks thing? Is that when the text messages start coming out, or something else? Is there an “ideal” interval between the two?
That's the new minimum, as far as I understand it. If I showed up this week at a walk in I wouldn't qualify as it's less than eight weeks. The pharmacy that runs that particular vax station posted on Next Door saying "open for walk ins for anyone who has had AZ and is at least eight weeks beyond their first jab"

I don't think it's necessarily medical, more to stagger demand. So it may well be the point at which they send out texts. I think it's roughly when Mr R's "get it earlier" text arrived. He's being done on Tuesday anyway and I'm going to get him to find out for me when the walk ins next week might be.
Last edited by Rebel Pebble on Sun May 30, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, interesting, thanks. I’m only 4.5 weeks after my first so maybe I should chill my boots ( :granny:).
Disco

Post by Disco »

I was wondering the same Ella, and went on the site but chickened out of cancelling. I'm going to walk past the vaccination centre soon and have a chat like I did last time.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Disco wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:16 pm I was wondering the same Ella, and went on the site but chickened out of cancelling. I'm going to walk past the vaccination centre soon and have a chat like I did last time.
You must be close to eight weeks if I am. It's thanks to you I booked when I did! :)) Definitely worth asking. I would if I didn't have my personal assistant to do it for me. :george:

I don't think I'd risk cancelling at only 4.5 weeks though.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I think I had mine on the 15 April so is that 6.5 weeks? Yeah, in about a 1.5 weeks I should definitely be around and not back and forth travelling.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Disco wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:40 pm I think I had mine on the 15 April so is that 6.5 weeks? Yeah, in about a 1.5 weeks I should definitely be around and not back and forth travelling.
I had mine on the 14th and my eight week point is 9th June so yes.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Perfect. I'll schedule a walk by.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

I found this, which clarifies the plan and the eight week thing.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/ ... ose-v2.pdf

However, I don't think they're being rigid about the 50+ aspect, since one of my two friends mentioned above who got their second jab at a walk-in session (not end of day leftovers) is 49 like me.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's good to know. Judging by the guy I spoke to the other week, I really don't think I'll have much of an issue being under age. I think he would've dragged me in to jab there and then if I hadn't had my first dose.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

No.1 son (29) had his first Pfizer jab at the Central Mosque walk in centre in Glasgow on Friday because he lives in a high risk post code. I'm relieved.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

We both got a text on the same day to make our second appointment and I'm 46 and Mr D is 50 and Saturday would have been week 10 so I'm not sure if it's over 50s

I need to cancel the appointments I made for 12th June which would have been 11 weeks and 5 days

The system let me book more appointments even though I had two already booked so maybe try that before cancelling and rebooking
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, interesting, diz, thanks.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Mine only offers the option to cancel and rebook.