Vaccine (Good) News

Ella77

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Ella77 »

I really hope you’re right, Dic. I thought there were no plans for that, but fingers crossed.
Disco

Post by Disco »

No plans, no but these twats in power can't stick to their word so I fully expect them to roll it out to 45-49 age bracket in a month or so.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Maybe it's my mum's 6th ? I've lost count

She's 82 but thankfully healthy so isn't immunocompromised or anything like that

Mr D is 52 so he'll be entitled to one anyway but I don't trust them offering it to under 50s so if I get a chance I'm grabbing it
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Gosh, 6, when under-50s can’t get a 4th. It seems a bit of a strange approach.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

It's her 5th I've just checked her NHS records

She had the March booster
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Disco

Post by Disco »

My parents are on 7 and 8 because of trials and also they got a bonus one while on holiday :uhh:
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Mr P and I had ours last Saturday - the Moderna bivalent one. I felt pretty dreadful the following morning - (aches, very sore arm, headaches, chills). Mr P was a little better, but still felt pretty rubbish.

Very grateful to have had it, but people who qualify for it at the moment might want to consider booking it for a day when they don't have much to do the next day!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Disco wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:17 pm My parents are on 7 and 8 because of trials and also they got a bonus one while on holiday :uhh:
I was wondering if there’s a reputable country that’s not too hard to get to where one could simply pay for a booster :look:?
Disco

Post by Disco »

They were given out for free on the streets of New York and Washington so not hard to get to but possibly a bit expensive unless you were already heading there. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I can book a booster too but I’m just hanging out for the flu vaccine to come into stock too so I can do it in a oner.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Disco wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:35 pm They were given out for free on the streets of New York and Washington so not hard to get to but possibly a bit expensive unless you were already heading there. :))
I’d consider it over waiting another 6 years.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

My mum (71) had her 4th last week. I hope it’s available to under 50s soon too. I’m booked in for my flu jab next week in any case.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

My Mum had hers last week. It's her 5th shot in total, as she had the extra one early in the year for clinically vulnerable people. So she's now had 2 AZ, 2 Pfizer and 1 Moderna Bivalent.

It's not yet open to over 50s yet to book but when it is I'll be on it! (Currently it says 65+)

I did manage to get my flu shot earlier this week though.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I want to get my flu shot, but I don't think I can yet.

We did the 4th shot (regular booster) back in July, so I'm expecting to get the Bivalent shot in Jan.
mischief

Post by mischief »

My parents had their 4th last week. Mum is 82 and my stepdad is 71 but has just finished a course of radiotherapy for cancer
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

My Mum (82) had her 5th lat week and my husband had his 4th. Mum was fine bt husband had light fever for a day. I am due a flu jab on 3rd Oct and 4th booster on 11th Oct
Skips

Post by Skips »

J and I have been invited to book ours and the earliest we could get is 18th October.

Dizzy, I don't know how it works in terms of booking the booster and the NHS checking, but when we registered at the GP I've always completed a form stating I'm a carer and who I care for.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Over here the age cut off is now 60, but for vulnerable people they just say their "entourage" are also eligible, so not just official carers.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

ParisGal wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:45 am Over here the age cut off is now 60, but for vulnerable people they just say their "entourage" are also eligible, so not just official carers.
This is kind of how I managed to get my free flu jab now rather than October which is when I think 50-65 year olds are supposed to wait until. Basically the Govt has gone back and forth on who's eligible and when (at one point 50-65s were going to be excluded entirely) with the result that the guide book the Boots pharmacist had didn't match the leaflets OR what his system would allow him to do.

He was a very cheery Italian chap who was determined to get me my shot and after checking that I was neither a carer or an NHS worker said very pointedly "DO YOU HAVE AN ELDERLY RELATIVE PERHAPS?" :)) :look:

I'm hoping my nearby Covid vaccine place will start offering walk-ins to 50+ before the booking system officially lets us. That's usually been what's happened in the past.
Last edited by Rebel Pebble on Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I'm not sure when we'll get our booster. D works at a hospital so we got our last ones through a friend and family scheme.

I do need to book my flu jab though.

Mum should have had hers on Tuesday but she wasn't feeling well and didn't want to feel worse as she had a reaction to the last booster.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.