Vaccine (Good) News

Bendywendywoo

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I don't know how widespread this is, but I have an appointment for my flu jab, with a Covid booster at the same time. 2 dead arms 😂
Heartsick.blog
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Can you have them both in the same arm? :medicalexpert:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Lily wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:34 am Can you have them both in the same arm? :medicalexpert:
They say not :ella:
Heartsick.blog
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

D has just had her booster and my mum is booked in for hers on Saturday :love:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I have my booster next week! Hurrah!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I've got my booster on Monday at 9am and my flu jab at 10.30 am. I'm going to "work from cafe" in between
Malan
Luce

Post by Luce »

That’s so smart to do the boosters along with flu jabs!

When F came home with his Covid jab info he also told me he’d had his HPV jab that day. But then the consent form said we had to let them know if they’d had any other vaccinations within a month of the appointment- which is 12th October! I really hope all of year 8 can have theirs! It would be so silly, they can have the HPV jab anytime! 🤪
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

My first Covid jab was delayed for a week because my surgery told me that it was fine to have my MMR (which I discovered I didn't have very latterly) in the same week. Spoiler: it wasn't :lg:

The issue was having them in the same week though, rather than almost two weeks apart as would be the case with F, but I'd definitely get some clarification on this. It would be a right arse to have all of the kids (and families!) hyped up only for it not to happen.

ETA The problem was not that they're contra-indicated, just that they didn't want anybody reporting side-effects that weren't actually due to the Covid jab, which is understandable.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

My H had her vaccine yesterday. She said it hurt a bit and a couple of people had panic attacks beforehand. She was tired last night with a sore arm but feeling normal today apart from pain in her armpit!
smalex

Post by smalex »

They turned me away :cry:. They said I need a letter from the trial people with more details than I think the trial people will be willing to give but I'll have to try that and see.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh no, Smal, that's really frustrating.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That is frustrating, Smal!

I had my booster today in a Hindu temple. Lovely :love:
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

They’ve sent a letter from school saying they’ve no idea when the vaccine team will come back to finish the kids. :ella:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

A school in gateshead had anti-vaxxers picketing them today while the vaccination team were in.

They were showing pupils images of disfigured children saying it had been caused by the vaccine and shouting at them!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

J should have his tomorrow.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

smalex wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:32 pm They turned me away :cry:. They said I need a letter from the trial people with more details than I think the trial people will be willing to give but I'll have to try that and see.
There’s a report on the bbc that anyone who was in the novavax trial will be offered an approved jab from next week.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh thanks for the heads up! That's interesting. From what I've read the novavax people have been really poorly treated.
I got a letter from my trial so I'm going back on Sunday in the hope they accept it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Kleio wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 pm A school in gateshead had anti-vaxxers picketing them today while the vaccination team were in.

They were showing pupils images of disfigured children saying it had been caused by the vaccine and shouting at them!
That's been happening in our local area. We've had a notice about it.

The school roll-out has been really patchy. I am surprised it hasn't been better. Schools are used to mass vaccinations and the infrastructure is there so I'm not sure what the problem is. We have already done HPV and we're doing the nasal flu spray from next week.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

J had nasal flu spray in September and COVID vaccine on Wednesday. He had a dead arm for 24 hours but all good now. His poor friend fainted due to the needle and had to be picked up and taken home!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Did anyone else know that the nasal flu contains pork gelatine? I noticed when I filled out G's consent form. It wasn't mentioned on Liv's, I don't think. It must be the same vaccine though.

G's school has sent out consent forms for covid too but no date yet.