Vaccine (Good) News

smalex

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by smalex »

People on trials get the vaccine validation anyway, even my NHS app shows it now (as a temporary status anyway).
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Disco wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:26 pm No they are vaccinated Epp. They had two doses of the Pfizer in Jan and March and now they're on a trial for a third jab which is one of six possible doses of any of the UK approved covid vaccines - a half dose, or a full dose - or no covid vaccine but instead a meningitis vaccine. So one of them might have had a half dose of AZ and the other a full Moderna, or any combination and only if they fall into a category stipluated to receive a third jab will they be unblinded.
Ah I see! Pretty similar to what I’m in then for US authorized vaccines.

I ended up getting the experimental Moderna one today, which is 50% their authorized COVID mRNA vaccine and 50% targeted to a newer variant. So at worst I’ve had a 50% booster (and Moderna was a high volume dose anyway) and at best I might get additional boost for protection against the variant. I need to track symptoms for the next 8 days but so far feel ok. The worst bit of the process was the blood draw, as apparently my veins are difficult. They had to jab me in both arms to get enough samples!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Upper arm is a tiny bit sore.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I'm taking the SAM to a walk-in on Sunday as he'll be 16 by then. :)) It's at a mosque and he is worried about offending someone by being there, as if he's going to get chased out for being an imperialist pig. I had to explain that real life wasn't like Twitter/Reddit and it was perfectly acceptable to go to the one nearest your house.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Mine was at a mosque too and it was just cool to go to, I’ve never been to one before :))
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I’ve felt pretty crappy since yesterday afternoon, fatigue, chills and a headache. The only things that’s stopped are the chills. I’ve had two mornings off already this week but I’m debating taking today off too, as I’m pretty useless just now.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Screenshot_20210913-211459_Twitter.jpg
This is amazing.

In other news, the government seems to have pulled the plug on my vaccine! :cry: even though they said they wanted 100m doses and BJ went to the factory in Scotland to great hoopla a whole ago. I'm really disappointed. I'm also selfishly worried now that Valneva will not pursue getting approval in the UK , I don't know where that would leave me with vaccine status particularly if I was travelling abroad. I guess I'd have to go and get vaccinated with one of the others (but presumably no one has tested having 2/3 of one and 2 of another :look: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Disco

Post by Disco »

smalex wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:18 pm (but presumably no one has tested having 2/3 of one and 2 of another :look: )

Well they sort of are mixing and matching in the current trials, so I don't think there will be any issue of lack of antibodies. Plus studies are showing better immunity with mixing the vaccines.

That graph is very reassuring.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Two full doses though? I thought it was just one and one.
Hopefully it won't come to that
.. who knows..I just don't want to have questionable vaccine status forever more
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yeah, the current trial is for two full doses of a vaccine (already administered not part of the trial) and then half or full doses of a completely different vaccine.
smalex

Post by smalex »

:idea: ah!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

My brother has had a full dose of the Chinese one and also Pfizer (the latter also for travellinging reasons).
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's rubbish about it being pulled though.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Kenickie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:36 pm My brother has had a full dose of the Chinese one and also Pfizer (the latter also for travellinging reasons).
Oh interesting! Did he come home to get pfizer?

I'm supposed to have a 3rd dose this week, presumably it'll all still go ahead.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Yep, he was in Europe anyway for a few weeks as he could finally travel, and managed to get both doses here, one at the beginning of his trip and one at the end. Basically nowhere recognises the Chinese one he's had apart from China so this should make it much easier for him to visit from now on.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Travellinging. :lol:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Hurrah!

Covid jab rollout for 12 to 15-year-olds to start in schools in England https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58552769
Luce

Post by Luce »

Excellent news. About time, too.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My sister was concerned about this report. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ests-study
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

I think that is why they're only getting one jab for now, isn't it? The effects came after the second so it has been in their thinking.