Healthy eating 2021

Estrella

Healthy eating 2021

Post by Estrella »

I’ve just been reading the last few posts on the 2020 thread and there were some amazing results!

My aim this year is to keep going with what I started in Sept. I’ve come to the realisation that basically I have to keep an eye on my food forever otherwise it’s just a silly yo-yo. I know :ella: that it’s taken so long to get there!

Anyway, I had several days of eating and drinking whatever I wanted over Christmas and NY, including my body weight in crisps and beer, and I’m back to it again. I lost 9kg last year and realistically want to drop another 4kg or so.
Panda

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by Panda »

Well done on the 9kg loss Estrella, that’s an amazing achievement.

I’ve lost a stone doing ww in the last year, but I’ve seriously plateaued in the last few months. I’m paranoid about piling the weight back on since my hysterectomy in October, but still can’t seem to break the mindless late evening comfort eating habit. Not having a weigh in to go to each week hasn’t helped. How’s everyone getting themselves motivated this year?
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

9kg is a massive amount, well done.

As I said in another thread I'm in.

I lost 5.5lbs in 3 weeks which was a massive boost considering I stuck rigidly to the plan in the first week, but due to a mix-up with macros I started to falter a bit.

I didn't go mad over Christmas which I thought I would although I did indulge but I haven't stepped on the scales yet so don't know the damage.

I start back with my trainer/dietician plan thingy on Monday - also start back with Bootcamp
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I’m trying hard to get back to healthy eating. My weight crept up by 5kg last year so now I’m trying to be a bit more thoughtful about what I eat and drink.

9kg. Wow!
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I need to lose a lot of weight - 2 dress sizes worth :cry:. Some of it is thyroid related, as it turns out that I have been under-medicated for some time :mad:, and some is virtual lack of movement for the past 9 months.

So, the only way I'm going to shift it is by being very careful about what I eat. I flirted with intermittent fasting in the summer, and think I could get away with that, as long as I can go until 4.00pm without eating. I never go to bed before midnight, and I like to have a drink of something other than water, so I found that it worked better for me to do it that way - I can manage with herbal tea or something in the mornings. I have Christmas chocolate left however, so maybe i should wait until that's gone - I can't decide if it will be better to pig on it than to ration it to one sweet a day, so that I get a taste for it and then can't have more.

I also need to find a way to exercise without leaving the house, and that is not aerobic.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I'm a bit away from officially joining you all again, but I found the thread last year really inspiring and hope I will again.

I've had a month being unable to move very much with a damaged ankle, and mostly being cared for by my Dad who thinks five a day refers to portions of cakes and biscuits. I will also fully admit to indulging with a lot of Christmas food - I suspect by the time I can stand on the scales properly a lot of my previous work will be undone.

Healthy eating for me is usually about lovely cooking, but I'm struggling a bit to think of super easy snacks and meals that I can ask my Dad to get me. To be honest he's stressed enough trying to feed my fussy eight year old every night, so I'm trying not to make things any more difficult.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Morganna wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:11 am I also need to find a way to exercise without leaving the house, and that is not aerobic.
Are you thinking weights, or press ups etc?

I googled seated exercises to see if there was anything I could reasonably do, and it was all for 70+ seniors telling me gentle twists etc would improve my balance and stop me falling over :eek:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I'm in, as of 30th Dec, after a shocking post-Christmas weigh-in. I'm going to use lockdown as an opportunity to stick to this properly for 2-3 months without distractions (like seeing people, going out or doing things :cry: :)) ).
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

The odd gentle twist sounds manageable :)).

I have bought some wrist and ankle weights, but don't have much idea about how to use them. I was hoping that just wearing them around the house would build up muscle tone, but I will google to see if there are any exercises I can do. My heart is really not in this, as you can tell, but I need to get a grip of things now, before they get out of hand :(
Skips

Post by Skips »

I'm going to continue what I started last year. I only gained 4 ounces over Christmas so I'm pleased with that. I would like to lose another 35lbs, ideally another 7 on top but I'll see how I get on, I won't put pressure on myself to reach a certain weight.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m in again this year! I will continue with healthy eating and exercise.

I’ve made slow but steady progress last year and want to try to lose around 7kg/15lb as my final goal this year.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

So I stepped on the scales and was pleasantly surprised. A further 1lb down.

I've always said that if I can get to 11 stone I would be more than happy with that, so only another 24lbs to go :lol:
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I don't seem to have put on weight over Christmas despite certainly eating and boozing much more than usual. I would like to lost a couple more kgs, and get back into exercise which I have zero motivation for when not able to go to my classes :( (have been verboten since autumn half term).

I have some small weights which I occasionally use when watching the telly, I will do that more frequently instead of playing a game on my phone when what we're watching isn't fully interesting.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I'm in, kind of. I'm mostly just coasting on having no appetite, but I do have a PT lined up for the boys and I once the restrictions allow.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I'm in, starting Monday. :))

Actually, today I am going to start my new bullet journal, and I plan to add a health tracker or two. Once I figure it out.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I'm in (started yesterday). We're doing Dry January and are focusing on only consuming healthy things for the entire month. Then we will reassess what's working and what's not. I'm hoping to lose weight, lower inflammation (to help with mobility) and improve my skin. Mr5 is slim/athletic, but falls asleep in his chair most evenings :ella: and is on the very highest end of normal blood pressure.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I'm here for the healthy eating! I've maintained my weight for years now but I would like to lose a bit in the hope it will a) make running a bit less stressful on my body and b) reduce my cholesterol levels (which are slightly higher than they could be, but have also been steady for years). I fast regularly anyway, so will continue that but make better choices for health in my eating window. I don't really have a goal weight, so I'll be tracking it but am hoping for less aches after running and my cholesterol figures coming down in my quarterly blood tests.

I've tried to be really careful about how I frame it with the girls, and they know I spent the last week doing a kick-start challenge that meant I wasn't eating the same as them for a short while. This second week we'll eat some of the same dinners (I'll eat leftovers when they have piles of pasta :lol: ) and I think that's how I'll keep it up longer term. Anyway, I've lost 7lbs since last Monday and the Fitbit app handily keeps track of my average weekly weight (based on daily weigh ins on my Fitbit scales :l: ) so that will be helpful longer term as that slows down!

I'm not giving up drinking like I did for Jan-Mar last year, but have said to P that I'll reward myself with a 'day off' every couple of weeks (timing tbc, depending on effects) so we can have a drink together and I don't feel too deprived of non-alcohol treats. There's an unfinished vegan Hotel Chocolat box, as well as a panettone and a Christmas pudding I picked up reduced, that I'll be sampling on my next reward day!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I finished off the Christmas chocolate yesterday (and threw out one thing that I didn't like much rather than using myself as a human dustbin). I have nearly no "treats" in stock now, so shall make some kind of worthy cookie or banana bread today or tomorrow. I actually prefer to have something worthy any way, if I'm hungry.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I'm in as well. I put on a few extra kg over December which I need to shift. I know it's due to over indulgence and lack of movement. So the plan is for limited treat food at the weekend and more steps during my working day. The focus is small manageable change.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I really need to be in too.