Annabella

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by Annabella »

That's amazing Nine - well done! I really need to do something
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

You’re doing such an amazing job, Nine!

I’ve been eating more the past couple of weeks (probably averaging maintenance points) and have shaken up my exercise a bit to be 50% cardio/50% strength and I’ve hit a new low today - 58.3kg.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Well done Est and nine! That's brilliant work!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Excellent work, Est! I was amazed at the results of eating back at maintenance last week. It looks like I’m heading for a fairly big loss this week now I’m back in a deficit too.

How’s it going, Liv? Are you back to where you wanted to be?
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I am now below my pre-Covid weight, but still a couple of kilos off where I want to be. I'm not in any particular rush though. It's nice to have most of my wardrobe now fitting again, even if I still have nowhere to wear it to (there are a couple of items of truth that are still a bit tight though :lol: ),
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That’s great, Liv. Items of truth ❤️

Well, a week back in a calorie deficit and I’m 2.8lb down. Suffice to say the diet break broke the stall. I’ll definitely do that again. 23.5lb down and less than a stone to go to a healthy BMI now. :weewee:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Woohoo!

Also, I love “items of truth” too!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Also I took my blood pressure, which had been at prehypertension levels. It’s now completely back to normal. My AS makes me more at risk of cardiovascular disease, so this is a big relief.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

The health effects of weight loss are brilliant. I’d love to know how my BP is now. My resting heart rate is lower now though.

I’m down another 0.6kg now. Mostly I think because I’ve been at home for the past fortnight which means I’ve been able to do more exercise.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Drinking, rather than eating, but I’ve realised today how well I’ve been doing at taking on lots of water.

Because of all the driving I did today, I was limiting it and I really noticed it. I felt ‘hungry’ (ie thirsty!) more thanks usual and I did have to drink some of my water whilst driving. I had a coffee before my meeting then nearly two more cups during the meeting but no water and I’ve had a headache on and off all day (plus caffeine jitters as I hadn’t offset the diuretic effect).My skin was so dry, I had to moisturise when I got in (after downing 2 glasses of water)!

Definitely easier at home. I might have to stick to drinking hot water or weak tea whilst out too, if that’s what my body’s become used to.

My next test has come, though I need to work out when to take it as I’ve been reading that whilst fasting can reduce cholesterol, testing too soon after a fast can skew it.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

In other news, I just passed the iron test to give blood. :perky: I failed twice pre-covid (I wasn’t deficient, just not in the range for donation) so am obviously eating/supplementing better nowadays.

The carer made me laugh as she gave me two packets of biscuits as she doesn’t consider 2 biscuits a suitable portion (I only ate one).
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s good, Wendy (the iron I mean).

I’ve been eating a bit more like maintenance calories this week, and have done hardly any exercise due to new job and life, and I’m maintaining nicely around the 57.7kg mark.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Well done, Est and Wendles.

I've had a funny ten days or so plateauing again :lg: Then my weight actually leapt up by more than 1lb and I felt really bloated. This was just after my period which was weird (I don't usually see any notable weight differences around my period - before, during or after). This morning I woke up and the bloat had all gone and the scales had dropped 1.4lb, so back to the levels when I started plateauing. Really unusual for me.

I'm off to see my parents (my bubble) tomorrow for three nights so will do my best to track while I'm there, hopefully just under maintenance calories. After that I will just keep plodding on - at 23lb down I'm in a far more comfortable place weight-wise than I was when I started, and can generally fit in 12 to 14s now, so I'm in no rush.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Did you eat anything different that could have caused the bloating nine?
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

No - it's really strange!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Maybe now you’ve lost so much your body reacts differently to any perceived stress?
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Who knows!

Happy Scale is NOT happy with the last two weeks and informs me that at my current rate of loss, I should hit goal on Christmas Day 2023 :lol:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Hello! How's everyone doing? I'm still here. I had a few days with my bubble so tracked to maintenance calories as best I could, then had a meal out on Wednesday and tracked as an 800-cal "generic restaurant meal" on MFP (no booze). In the past I'd have thrown the baby out with the bathwater and stopped tracking, so this is progress.

Back on it as of yesterday and hoping to shift this final stone or so.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

'Generic restaurant meal' sounds like a handy option to have! I occasionally track on MFP but find I grow bored of looking up the recipe that was cooked so it can work out a per serving count. It would be easier if I ate only packaged food or individual fresh items that were never combined!

My weight fluctuates a lot and I'm currently 12.5lbs down, though I noted that today's weight is generally seen *after* a fast and I most definitely didn't fast yesterday. :lol:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It now lets you import recipes from the web which is really handy.

That’s good, wendy. Sounds like a downward trend.