Healthy eating 2021

Duophonic

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by Duophonic »

I weighed in yesterday and slow 7 pounds off so far but I've noticed my measurements

8cm off my chest
6cm off my waist
6 cm off my hips

It's heading in the right direction
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I've completely lost my measuring tape so have ordered a new one. I'm certain I've lost cm.
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

It's so dispiriting when it sticks - I lost 2 and a half stone last year but really splurged over Christmas after deciding to have a break and because the scales were hardly moving any more. I've put on 5lbs in a month so now need to get back on the wagon and regain control - knock the booze and chocolate on the head basically and reduce portions which have crept up. I reckon a stone from here and I'll be happy.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s amazing losses Duo and Neuf!

I’m now the lightest I’ve been since June 2017. I still want to lose another 3kg then will see how I feel.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I have had the most appalling week and lost 1lb. :lol: Back on plan from today as I don't want to get to June and still be at the same starting weight.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Well done Est!

And well done to you too Skips, a win is a win.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Well done to all the losers!

I’ve done shockingly so far this year. I think it was a combination of winter lockdown and missing out on Christmas/New Year celebrations that made me comfort eat. I weighed myself this morning and it’s not as bad as I thought but I still put on 2kg/4.4 lbs since December.

Starting in earnest again tomorrow and hopefully will drop this weight soon.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Well done to all the losers! I think losing ANYTHING in this state of affairs, apart from your sanity, is a real achievement.

Has anyone tried taking pictures? I had progress photos taken during my sessions with Iz, and I tried taking some again. It sounds odd but I really look a lot better deshabille than I do in clothes, and it helped me like my body a lot more than I do when I'm trying to squidge it into stuff. I recommend it if you want to feel better about yourself.

I have finally weighed myself, and it's a tiny triumph but I am v pleased to discover I've lost 3lbs since my last weigh in. :lol: I have deliberately avoided weighing myself post Christmas and been a bit scared to, to be honest. To be at my lowest weight since August is not saying much, but it's given me the kick I need to perservere with not troughing.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I look better in clothes :)) I do not squidge into them though :look:

My weight seems to be creeping down painfully slowly, but at least it's going down. I'm not confident I'll "officially" record a loss on Wednesday, but my daily average is definitely lower than last week. At this rate I'll be at goal in a couple of years :lol:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It's just so hard to find anything that looks half-decent on me, which I think is why I wind up feeling so rubbish about my body. When I'm not wearing anything, I don't look amazing by a long shot, but I don't look as bad as I do normally. What a shame one can't walk around naked.

A slow but long loss has more time of staying off doesn't it; if I can do 1lb a week I will be able to handle it. In fact as long as the scales go down, even by tiny increments, I will be happy.

nineseven

Post by nineseven »

An ex colleague of mine who was 16s 7 has been dieting for three months and is already three stone down. She's only eating 1000 calories a day and exercising loads. It's so fast! She's never dieted before so I wonder what's going to happen when she hits target and has to maintain outside lockdown :look: I'm half jealous of the rapid weight loss and half worried she's doing herself some damage, Biggest Loser style.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm with you on that one - 1,000 calories isn't a lot. I guess if she's drastically altered her diet (as in if she lived on pizza and chicken wings before and is suddenly all fish fillets and lettuce leaves and beans) that will have a big impact very quickly (I lost 8lbs in my first month of being with my nutritionist but it slowed to about 4lbs a month after that) but still, one wonders how much of that is actual fat.

Chicky

Post by Chicky »

nineseven wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:33 pm An ex colleague of mine who was 16s 7 has been dieting for three months and is already three stone down. She's only eating 1000 calories a day and exercising loads. It's so fast! She's never dieted before so I wonder what's going to happen when she hits target and has to maintain outside lockdown :look: I'm half jealous of the rapid weight loss and half worried she's doing herself some damage, Biggest Loser style.
That’s pretty much what I did a few years ago although I weighed more to begin with, and aimed for 1200 calories a day. I managed a month or so at target and then have put it all back on again over the last few years. It’s what is putting me off losing it all again, maintaining is really really tough for me. But many people have maintained large weight losses so it must be possible!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

They do, but I think it’s harder to maintain when you’re losing a stone a month.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Half a pound off this week, which is -9.25lb in four weeks. I’m happy with that half pound.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Chicky wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:23 pm But many people have maintained large weight losses so it must be possible!
I thought that it was quite rare to maintain large weight losses, I'm sure it is possible and some people do it but most people I know who have lost weight don't keep it off. It's one of the reasons I have more or less given up dieting, over the last 15 years or so, I've lost the same stone/ two stone but then I put it back on, and each time it goes a little higher.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

You can keep that weight off but only if you adopt a new way of eating for life, rather than just until you've hit your target weight. It takes about 6-12 months for your body to adjust to the weight you are as your maintenance weight so you have to keep maintaining it. Which is hard work!
Last edited by Lily on Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Well yes I realise that, the point is that very few people manage it.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
viggy

Post by viggy »

It's the holy grail isn't it, finding a tasty, healthy, easy diet for life that keeps you at a steady, healthy weight without thinking about it.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

So true.

I find this healthy eating lark all-consuming and it makes me NOT want to eat so I fall into the habit of fasting for the majority of the day which hasn't helped me with weight loss.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing