Healthy eating 2021

Estrella

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by Estrella »

I lost 0.2kg this week. Im also not at my lowest weight ever, but to be honest I think if I drop too much more, it won’t look great on me. My face isn’t as youthful as it was and I fear looking haggard.

You’re doing such a great job, Nine! Well done on the Shred!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Well done, Est! I’m still about 18lb away from the very top of a healthy BMI, so it’s hard to tell where my proper final goal will be at this stage. I don’t think I’m really at risk of getting very thin (lol), but I haven’t been a healthy weight since I was 20 and obviously that was half my life ago. Who knows what my face will look like when all the stuffing is taken out :witch: :))
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve weighed in a day early as we are away this weekend (who am I kidding? I weigh in every day but this is my official one!) Anyhow, I’m down to 59.1kg now. Not for long as my weekend is planned to be filled with beer, crisps and donuts. I will go for a hike too to try and counteract some of it.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Wow, Est - well done! You must be pretty much there now? Enjoy your donuts and please post me a peanut butter and Nutella one.

I lost 2lb again last week and am now tantalisingly close to 20lb off. I think I might be finally down a dress size as I can remove my jeans without undoing them, but I never get the size-per-stone experience many people do.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Hi all. I have suddenly changed size - I'm fitting into my Trousers of Truth that were about four inches from even buttoning in January and two sizes down from my usual. I'm swimming in most of my clothes. I'm only halfway to goal, so I'm not sure what to do about inbetweeny sizes - maybe I'll get some cheap stuff on eBay.

This week has been a little slower as it was SLMT (it's unusual for it to make a difference to me). It's coming off again now though.

How was your donut, Est? Your pic of the shop's display on IG looked AMAZING.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

EBay is a good shout, I’ve done that before. And charity shops but that’s awkward atm (though Oxfsm used to list online). Congrats on the NSV!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Trousers of Truth! :lol: Brilliant! I have a pair of high-waisted proper flared 70s style jeans that are my goal, but I think I shall call them Trousers of Truth now. I've only ever worn them a couple of times.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

My donut was all kinds of incredible. I had PB&J over some of the more outlandish chocolate and custard filled confections. Back on the wagon now. Though my big boss has turned into a feeder (things are fairly mental at work just now) so avoiding the snacks table is taking a lot of willpower.

Trousers of truth! I’ve bought a lot of workwear on eBay. And opted for dresses so they’re a bit better at disguising poor fit than trousers as the weight drops off. I really need to stock up on shorts and jeans. The shorts I bought on Christmas Eve are hanging off me now.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I’ve ordered some emergency jeans from eBay to tide me over as all mine are now unwearable. You’re right though, a few of my dresses are still fine and I’ve been mainly living in leggings for the past year anyway.

I don’t even usually like most donuts that much, but I make an exception for a fancy one (or the classic jam filled ones from a bakery).
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I did my first 40 hour fast this week, which was interesting! I went from Wed evening to Friday morning. I drank a lot of hot water (I usually do when fasting anyway) and didn’t have any problems getting to sleep though did wake briefly in the night a couple of times. Getting going on my Friday morning walk was a bit slow, but a bit of regulated breathing seemed to help and I picked up speed eventually. I still took 10-15 minutes longer than usual though. :lol:

Do the EBay jeans do their job nine?
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Wow, does the hunger go away after a while, Wendy?

My jeans haven’t arrived yet. I passed the 20lb off mark this morning :perky:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

It came and went! Not eating Thursday works because P is at college and Elvis has Brownies so we all eat at different times and I’m not sure anybody even noticed I hadn’t eaten at all. :lol:

I took Sproglette out for a bike ride at our usual dinner time (she’d eaten beforehand) and I had a shower when they had supper so it got me out of sitting watching them eat. I did clock watch a bit in the final couple of hours though.

That’s a cool milestone.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m interested in your 40 hour fast, Wendy. Is it a kick start thing? Or an intermittent eating thing?

I’ve dropped under 59kg for the first time since March 2017.

20lbs off is brilliant Nine! Well done!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Well done Est! How's your face? :mrgreen:

My two-sizes-smaller jeans have arrived and THEY FIT!!!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Has anyone here practised diet breaks on the way down? I've been going for 12/13 weeks now and I'm thinking about doing a week on maintenance calories before going into a deficit again.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

nineseven wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 am Has anyone here practised diet breaks on the way down? I've been going for 12/13 weeks now and I'm thinking about doing a week on maintenance calories before going into a deficit again.
I'm doing it. Not sure if it will be for one or two weeks yet, but I'd hit a plateau for a couple of weeks so wanted to experiment.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’d do it over Easter :snack:.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It will cover Easter :)) :egg:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m inadvertently doing it just now. Testing out maintenance, seeing how I go and reassessing my goal.

Two sizes smaller! Wow! That’s brilliant!
maya

Post by maya »

Out of interest, what is your loss calorie allowance and what is it for maintenance? I feel if I don’t stick pretty rigidly to 1100 I don’t lose at all but it doesn’t feel like enough most days!