Healthy eating 2021

nineseven

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by nineseven »

Woo hoo, I upped my protein and I’m losing again :l: 1st 11lb lost now. Less than 1lb till the next stone bracket which is a major psychological goal for me. I’m now only 11lb overweight! Not sure how much I’ll want to lose after that - I’ll see how I look and feel when I get there.

I’ve lost 11.5cm off my waist (which is now a “healthy” measurement) and the same off my hips.

How’s everyone doing? Est, are you still losing?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s such amazing progress, Nine! Well done!

I’ve maintained for the past couple of weeks. Basically cos I ate and drank the world when I was away last weekend, it’s SLMT and i also haven’t exercised since Friday due to weekend away followed by killer head cold. But I actually think I’m where I want to be. So now I start to try and eat at a maintenance level/not blow it. Which I find harder to be honest.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I think it is the hardest part. I've accepted I'll probably need to track forever - it's become a habit now and doesn't take long, so so be it. You've done amazingly!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s quite some shrinkage nine! :bel:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

nineseven wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:22 am I think it is the hardest part. I've accepted I'll probably need to track forever - it's become a habit now and doesn't take long, so so be it. You've done amazingly!
That’s the different thing I’m doing this time. I actually find eating at a deficit ok as long as I have some more relaxed time at the weekend. So I’m keeping my WW membership going and tracking to make sure my weekly average fits within maintenance points. In the past I’ve blithely thought I can just give up my subscription and hope for the best.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I think there's a free app that allows you to track WW. I'll see if I can find out what it's called. I know WW are very strict about you maintaining within a 2lb window to get free membership which isn't realistic IMO, especially for women.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

The app is called itrackbites apparently.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

What’s even worse is I’m online only so even though I’m at goal, I still pay full whack. Thank you for that app rec, I’ll check it out.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That doesn’t seem fair!

I entered the new stone bracket this morning - the stone bracket with my healthy weight tucked away in it! I’m so nearly there.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

So close, Nine!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for that app recommendation. It looks perfect. I’m going to run it in parallel with the WW for a couple of weeks, then if it’s working for me, cancel the WW (saving $36/month!)
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Oh hurray! I’ve heard it being recommended on podcasts before, so fingers crossed it does the trick.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

So a week of no exercise, a huge weekend of eating (then getting back on the wagon on Tuesday) plus an enormous head cold have led to me hitting my lowest weight in forever.

I also redid my measurements. My waist and bust are the same, but I’ve dropped an inch on my hips and half an inch off my thigh.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Maybe your maintenance points can go up very slightly? Exciting.

I’m increasingly finding that upping my calories (then going back down into a deficit, in my case) does that. I’ve had a similar month - pretty much maintained for three weeks, spent around a week at maintenance calories and had a couple of days slightly above them, exercising less. Then a week ago I started aiming for 1450 daily (slightly above where I was before - i was averaging at about 1400), made a conscious effort to increase my protein, and I’ve lost 6lb in the last week 😮 It’s like the full month’s weight loss has all whooshed off at once.

I’m now at the lowest weight I’ve seen since just after I moved to London in 2001, aged 21. Still overweight, but only by about 9lb now.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It’s such a balancing act, isn’t it? I’m sure I’ll find my groove eventually. Got down to 56.6kg this week! I just feel so much healthier. And I was properly craving veggies and salad after my weekend of indulgence.

21 year old Neuf-weight :bel: You’re doing such an amazing job.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I put new batteries in the scales today and dropped 2kg! I’m not sure what that’s all about but plan on calibrating them with some hand weights to see how accurate they are.

Also I was wandering around in my undies this morning and S commented “you’ve got abs, Mum!”
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ooh, top tip :mrgreen:

I'm stalling again, but my weight loss seems to go in a pattern of whooshes and stalls. I'm hovering around 1lb off a two stone loss, so it's quite annoying. I'm much more comfortable with my size now though, so don't really mind it taking a while to lose the last few pounds (or so I will tell myself).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I have now lost an annoying 1st 13.5lb :verm:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

:lol: Brilliant but annoying :))

I have just put on 2.2kg in 24h. I have no idea how this happens, I don't feel bloated and probably ate less yesterday than the previous days. I can only think it's because my period is due.

This blip aside I've been at a stable weight and very inactive for the past month. So swings and roundabouts, healthwise. We're supposed to be allowed back to gym class in the next couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to that.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Wow, well at least you know it can't be 2.2kg of fat! Did you eat something particularly carb or sodium heavy yesterday? I always see a slight increase the day after pasta or something with lots of soy sauce.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

:lol: Can you imagine!

I don't think so :puzz: I had a very normal day dietwise.