Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

AshleyX

Re: Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Post by AshleyX »

Ouch, disco, I hope a rest helps it quick smart.

I’ve had the 30-day shred for years and I’ve just started doing it again but I really am a bit bored of it (it totally gets results though). Can you recommend another one of hers that’s good? I googled NMTZ after you mentioned it, disco, and it looks good - any others you like, as I might order a couple? Short, intense ones are best for me.

Shoe, do you have a computer or a laptop? That’s what I play mine on.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Six week six pack
Ripped in 30 (I think it’s called this)

Both are good and not too crazy unlike some of her more recent ones where some of the moves are just ridiculous/showing off.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I keep laughing at this thread title whenever I see it.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I’m so stupid that I don’t get the title. :look:

Thanks, disco. I thought maybe the ripped one. I’m going to order that one right now. I’ll take a look at the sixpack one too, I usually have a reasonably decent stomach (as opposed to my thunder thighs) but lockdown as not been kind to it. Thank you!
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I’ve ordered ripped and it should arrive tomorrow. I can’t wait!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 am I keep laughing at this thread title whenever I see it.
It’s very encouraging :mog:

Exciting Ashley!
It’s a reference to JM shouting at us during Shred. “YOU SHOUKD BE GARGLING YOUR HEART RIGHT NOW!” :drill:

Don’t phone it in! :drill:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I'm bracing myself for Shred this morning and might do HIIT afterwards if still alive.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think I’m too late to this but if you like Shred then Ripped in 30 is the same format. I like NMTZ but it’s pretty much cardio free which might not be what you want. 6W6P is a bit frantic and I find it harder on the legs than the abs. The yoga style ones are pleasant and harder than they sound as there are cardio intervals thrown in. Anything from the Hard or Killer series is a blur of frantic movement and lack of coordination (but that might just be me). For the love of God do not attempt 1 week shred as designed.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

nineseven wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:24 am I'm bracing myself for Shred this morning and might do HIIT afterwards if still alive.
I managed both! :disco:
W1D6 (beginner shred) ✅ + 20 mins HIIT.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yay Nine!
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Ah, disco :))

You are too late, Tex, but it was ripped I ordered so that’s perfect! I’ve also now ordered NMTZ as I hate cardio and would far rather do more strength and core, plus it was only a fiver. It’s due next wed. So thank you too!

Nice one, nine!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Shred L1 done. I’m finding the strength bits really hard using 2kg for everything.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Well done!

I'm having a break today partly knee but mainly because I had to drive M to his dad's. Might also have a break tomorrow as I'm having a zoom cocktail party tonight so I might feel that exercise is not appropriate.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Sounds wise although much to my surprise Parkrun taught me that exercise is actually quite good for a hangover. I suspect fresh air is also a vital ingredient though.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It depends with me. Sometimes I am fine and other times I have been found crying into my pillow - dry tears because: husk - at 8pm the following day having been unable to get out of bed all day long. So we'll see which version of me it will be tomorrow.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I find exercise can help a mild hangover but it’s terrible for an extreme one.

Ripped and NMTZs arrived last night and I did my first ripped week one. Bloody hell, it was hard! I found the abs ones the hardest, flip.

It’ll definitely work if I keep it up so thanks v much both for the recommendation.

How’s your knee, disco?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Good work Ashley and it will get easier. Well I say that, you just end up pushing yourself more so it doesn't get easier. :lol:

My knee feels ok, thank you! I think the rest has done it good. I'm looking forward to getting back on the case tomorrow though.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done Ashley, I agree that it will get easier but you will just push it more. I will also add that the first time I did NMTZ (after Disco told me I’d like it :lg: ) it nearly killed me.
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mog: Soz about that!
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I felt genuinely sick at the end of it :lol:

Glad the rest has helped your knee.