Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Disco

Re: Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:43 pm That must be around the end of the first abs? That would be where I’d most likely quit, I think the bicep circuit is my least favourite.
Yes, that's the one. I don't mind the bicep circuit but in the first circuit I used heavy weights throughout so I was really hot and I'd eaten and I don't like to eat before I exercise as it makes me feel sick.

I did my shoulder in JM's kickboxing dvd with rather exuberant right hooks. It's a common problem :mrgreen:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Hurrah, I've pulled my finger out and did NMTZ.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done! For a moment I thought you’d injured your finger :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mog: Any excuse to not have to work out.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve registered for virtual barre tomorrow but the fitness centre is currently closed. If they don’t get power back in time I’ll stick with Jillian.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I’m still on an enforced Jillian break. I had a couple of moles removed :flirt: on Tuesday and can’t shower properly :flirt: so I’m going to do some weights and walking and have a careful bath :flirt:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

As suspected still no power in Houston so I have done NMTZ. It felt like I was working harder than usual and I feel a bit shaky now but I’m glad I did it.

ETA of course it might be all the :flirt: in the post above making me feel a bit shaky :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

:lol:

That’s a shame about the barre class. Is there a mega storm going on in Houston?

Killer B&T today.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Texas has had a ridiculous amount of snow and ice and didn’t bother winter proofing their electricity grid so wind turbines have frozen as have natural gas power station switches. Hopefully they will have defrosted for next week.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Bloody hell.

ETA I've just seen the news. Wow looks awful!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:50 pm ETA of course it might be all the :flirt: in the post above making me feel a bit shaky :lol:
:lol: Sorry.

The Texas thing looks an absolute shitshow. I see Ted Cruz has jetted off on holiday to Cancun to escape it :ella:
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’ve done a Pilates class today and it was quite hard. It was nice to do a full hour again as I’ve just been doing short yoga sessions so far this year. I think I’m going to mix it up a bit going forward.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

nineseven wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:34 pm
Texaco Shirley wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:50 pm ETA of course it might be all the :flirt: in the post above making me feel a bit shaky :lol:
:lol: Sorry.

The Texas thing looks an absolute shitshow. I see Ted Cruz has jetted off on holiday to Cancun to escape it :ella:
I can’t imagine he would have been much help if he’d stayed.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Maybe he could just stay there. Unfortunately he’s pretending he was only flying there to accompany his daughters on the journey, and he’s now on his way back.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I have been reading about calorie burn estimates and reset the max HR on my watch from 173 (default calculation) to 200. I think realistically it’s even higher than this, I recorded 209 last summer, but it’s a better estimate. It will be interesting to see if it changes the calculation much.

I might start a specific thread about HR :l:
Disco

Post by Disco »

209! That sounds sensible to tailor it to your actual body. All these things are based on averages and if the ability to alter the device exists then it makes sense to get best use out of it and to be able to read your own body properly.

NMTZ yesterday. I think I might have a break today although I might change my mind once the radiators have cooled down.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ha, I have the same battle with the radiators. I have done a Shred. Five more to go!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done! Are you moving on to the full shred afterwards or trying something different?

Rest day for me after 6 days of rowing/running/Jillian.
Disco

Post by Disco »

They cooled down and I felt sufficiently guilty so I did a full body barre workout. Those leg pulses absolutely KILL! Then as I was dressed for movement I decided to play music really loudly, setting a 30 minute timer and I danced wildly for the duration.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:36 pm Well done! Are you moving on to the full shred afterwards or trying something different?
I have 30 Day Shred lined up next.