Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Disco

Re: Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Post by Disco »

Well done! How many sessions are you planning for each level?

Thanks, it does feel better than it did but I know a sharp, quick movement might undo any healing so I won't do any JM until Monday.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I’m not sure - BS is ten each. How many are you supposed to do? Or do you just move up a level when you’re ready?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Mostly I just aimed to do each level ten times over about 35 days. Tex did it in 30 days at some point but that was never a goal for me.

Apparently on the JM app, the suggested use is Level 1 x 8 times, Level 2 x 10 times, and Level 3 x 6 times, for 27 days, resting every 7th day.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ah ok. I'd fallen into a pattern of doing it 4-5 times a week (10+10+10) so I think I'll just stick to that unless level 1 suddenly gets too easy (haha).
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I don’t recommend doing it in 30 days :)) I’ve never seen any actual ideal schedule from JM but on most of her DVDs she suggests working out 5-6 times a week.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I started off doing BS every day but my workouts were getting less and less efficient without any recovery time, so I slowed it down. I did it in 54 days in the end, which included an enforced break when I hurt my shoulder.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I think aiming for 4-5 times a week is perfectly sensible. It needs to fit into your lifestyle/ become part of your lifestyle so pushing for more is counterproductive in the long run.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack. BFBM done today. My wrist l=held up fine for the mountain climbers, plank twists. I didn't do the walking press ups because I thought that might put too much strain on it so I planked for the time. My back issue was ok too. I didn't do it with the normal level of gusto (punches and uppercuts) so as not to trigger and I think that was wise as it did start to ache a little bit at the end. Still had a good calorie burn over 400.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ah that’s excellent news! Good work.

I got waylaid today by accidentally waking up at 9am and having to immediately start work all confused 😬 but I have the day off tomorrow so have no excuse not to furiously shred.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good news Disco. I have a mental image of Nine shredding in a towering rage :lol:

I have had a fairly sedentary week. I went for a run today and my legs were really not happy about it. Luckily I had to be home to meet a garden landscaper so had a valid excuse to only do 3k.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

You're all so diligent (read that in Jillian's voice, innit).

I've started Body Revolution because I was sick of the sight of 30DS. It's a 90 day/12 week programme and it starts off easy in weeks one and two but I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret my choice by the end of March. Or I'm going to look SLEEK. One of the two.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Hi Lazz! Where do you get Body Revolution? Online?

Shred today. I’m writing it so I’ll have to do it.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Aloha! You can do it, nine! Ignore my comments about being sick of the sight of it. I think I've had the DVD for nearly ten years now, so that'll be why. :))

I've got Jillian Michaels' app and it's on there. The cost encourages me to actually do it, instead of just ignoring the DVDs, which I became an expert at doing.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ah I've been tempted by the app, but have been confused about how I can make it appear on my telly :granny:
Disco

Post by Disco »

How much is it please, lazz? The app?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I read a couple of reviews of body revolution and it does sound good but for now I’d rather stick to running for cardio. I might subscribe next winter.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I got it during a sale so I pay 60 quid annually, I think? It's not a lot but it guilts me into action. :))
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

W1D2 shred done! The strength/abs are good (possibly enjoyable) but the cardio is hard. I’ve never been very good at cardio.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That’s a great price! I think I’m fine with the dvds I have at the moment but the reason I recently bought more of her dvds was because I was looking at the BR dvd programme but decided to just pick up a couple of dvds instead.

Well done, nine! It will get easier and at least they’re short cardio spurts.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Yeah, it's definitely worth it - there's a LOT of content, you've got basically all her DVDs, then a whole range of targeted programs, then a whole range of long-term programs, and then some 7-minute workouts as well. I just checked and full price annually is $120 which is about 86 quid, so it's not a lot at any time, really, and it's SO nice to mix things up a bit.

I'm the opposite, nine, I can do the cardio but I have the upper body strength of a woodlouse so as soon as I pick up the weights, I want to die.