April fitness

mojojojo

Re: April fitness

Post by mojojojo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:21 pm An ultra?! Wow.
A 50k - the shortest option there is for an ultra :))

It’s not til August, so there’s still time, but yesterday was tough!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's brilliant going Mojo!

Just the standard 30 mins for me yesterday.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Skips

Post by Skips »

For the first time in a long time I got up and did a 20 minute bodyweight workout this morning. I have the teeniest space to do it at the moment and Lucy kept joining in (trying to lick my face) but I figure it's better than nothing until I can sort out a proper workout space.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Mojo, you’re proper hardcore. I love it!

Today was Step 117 and Pump 105 (upper body). I increased my chest and back weights too 💪🏻
Skips

Post by Skips »

Day 1 week 1 couch to 5k. A colleague told me a route to try and I finished just as I entered the front door.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Well done Skips!

Last night was Dance Step followed by yoga and I really needed yoga after the routine. My calves were (are!) killing me.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Nice work, Skips!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Body Step and an upper body Pump again today.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done, Skips!

I am the very opposite of hardcore :lol: 5 slow and painful trail miles last night. Lovely route and nice to be out with the club again. My toenails are suffering though :cry:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Last night I went for a walk with C and then came home to do a tough abs-based Pilates pyramid & accumulator.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

An ultra! Wow!

I've been walking, cycling and running.

We're back at the gym for a solo booking RPM session tomorrow :disco:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Skips

Post by Skips »

20 minute low intensity bodyweight workout. I'm hoping to do it for four weeks (or so) by which time we might actually have the carpets done in the spare bedroom and I can relocate up there (where I'll have space to do some jumping around and/or do some weights).
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Sproglette is up to W5,R3 x 3 in the C25k but has complained a little of sore calves, so we're going to stick to that for a couple more runs rather than moving on. She's been pretty consistent though so I've also ordered her some running shoes, as I'm not sure general trainers will be helping (or I'm a sucker for sports-specific kit :mrgreen: ). I've also ordered skipping ropes as they got some at school and that's all she's doing in breaks now and has asked for one at home (no, I don't know where every one they've ever owned disappeared to :ella: ).

Despite my excitement at home classes, I haven't got round to any yet! I have gone back to early morning gym/solo spins - preceded by a long-way-round walk to make it half an hour - though and running with Sproglette every other day or so. Plus I've taken the girls swimming 3 times, tennis once and badminton (with P) last Monday! Elvis wants to try the climbing wall so I need to book that.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

bramblerose wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:34 am We're back at the gym for a solo booking RPM session tomorrow :disco:
Yay!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That will be great Brambs!

Chunk and I have been on a 4.5km bike ride tonight. I was not prepared for this. Plus I was on Squeak’s bike which needs adjusting for her new height.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

How did you find it brambs?

I had to drive to Surrey yesterday but went straight out for a run with Sproglette when we got back. At some point last year, a local park had a 'running track' added and some outside gym equipment. It's basically a path going round what was previously a field, but it's reasonably flat so we head there, run around for the required time then head back. She's got a mental block about the upcoming 20 minute run but did fine last night with the 3 x 5 min runs so we'll get there!

I had time to do a double session today, so did 40 minutes of a 45 min The Trip then upper body in the gym. I was saying to Sproglette the other day that I hope they keep session booking in the future for the gym, with whatever the increased capacity is. The fine for not attending is only 50p but it's a good motivator. :mrgreen:

I managed to get us booked onto climbing next week. Neither of us have ever done it before, so we'll see how that goes. :lol:

Work are doing a Houston to Perth equivalent team running event. The minimum is only 25k over 6 weeks, so I've signed up.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s a big run, Wendy! Do they add up all the KMs?

I did Step 116, and an upper body (100) and arms (102 :love: ) Pump this morning.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Yes, it’s 17,034 km (10,584 miles) apparently!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We did similarly for Squeak’s rugby club with the sun to get to New Zealand.

Pilates last night & a 6.5km walk today.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did a bit of a walk yesterday, into town to get cobs while Squeak did throwing practice at athletics.

Today I’ve done HIIT; a cardio pyramid & arms weights AMRAP.