April fitness

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

April fitness

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

New thread time!

C and I just did Core #29 and enjoyed it. Well, apart from the cross crawl, c crunches & hovers. :))
Estrella

Re: April fitness

Post by Estrella »

I forgot it was a new month and posted my 1 April workouts on the wrong thread. I’m doing exactly the same in about 10 mins - Step 116 and Pump (upper and arms).

I keep meaning to do Core again, but I’m kind of loving Pump and I don’t have the time and energy to do 90 mins every day.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We’re really loving Core and trying to work through a different one each time to find our favourites. But we probably need to mix in some cardio.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We've been on a bike ride along the canal with the other ride leaders and have done some planning for rides during summer.

39km in total and I really enjoyed it
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Angus

Post by Angus »

I went to bootcamp! I also walked 30k steps in total (including bootcamp) so not a bad start. Watch it descend to barely moving from the sofa :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

My ankle seems to have recovered though I’m wearing a support on runs and long walks. I think it’s a pronation/joints issue as I get problems all the way up my leg, so getting back to heavier weights and compound movements will help stabilise my joints again.

Sproglette is signing up to a 5k with me in July, so I need to give some thought to her training alongside mine (I have a deferred place from 2018 for a half in October that I may or may not do!).

My gym is doing live online classes from 12 April to 17 May, which means I can do classes I can’t usually get to as I’m stuck in the house. Obviously I can do that with LMOD but they offer different classes like kettlebells. I’m going to give that one a go!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'm glad your ankle is better, Wendy. And it's nice to have a variety of live classes.

I need to get back into pump at some stage, I did really love it.

I was supposed to do another 28 min run today, but there were some loose dogs in a field with no visible owner so I had to change my route a bit so I did an extra 3.5 mins which took me over 3 miles, which was very pleasing. Until I saw that I did 3.06 miles of running so then thought I should have carried on to hit 5k. ;)
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Spot of lifting. Managed a slow and dodgy 45kg hang clean (a PB by some margin) which is good given how patchy my training has been. Part of the long and slow journey towards snatching my body weight.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Is that the Frome 5k Wendy?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Brean Beach.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Ah, the Frome one is July as well so I thought I’d ask.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I was meant to do running club efforts last night but bailed as work was rough and it was cold. So this morning I combined a couple of miles jog/walk with S and then did the efforts session on my own locally - 3 lots of 30/60/90/90/60/30 “pyramids”. It was tough but I enjoyed it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds tough!

I did a 6km walk at lunchtime.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

It was rather :)) especially as each “return” set was slightly uphill (and you were meant to end up back where you started)

I hope it was a nice walk :)
Angus

Post by Angus »

That sounds like a lot of effort, moho.

I did weights today. Legs & shoulders.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Today was going to be a rest day, but I did upper body Pump and Core Nano instead. Felt really good!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Step 117 and Pump upper and arms (100/102). I don’t know what it was about today but it was mega sweaty and I got a higher calorie burn according to my Garmin.
Angus

Post by Angus »

I did bootcamp yesterday. Today I need to do weight, back, shoulders & arms.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Can you do pump without a barbell? We have dumbbells in 1kg, 2kg, 3.5kg & 5kg, and kettlebells in a range of weights, but only 2 pairs of the same weight: 6 & 8kg. I watched the getting started video but Glen wasn’t showing modifications in it.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Yep, just use dumbbells. Some of the movements will be plates anyway.