January fitness

Blondiejude

Re: January fitness

Post by Blondiejude »

I’m very impressed at all you new year excercisers, I went back to the gym today after 6 weeks off (not my fault entirely, S was isolating prior to Christmas so I couldn’t go, and had no intention of going over Christmas)

I did full body workout, I normally do that back to back with legs bum and core but thought I better break myself in gently so just did the one class. I’ll admit I found it much harder than in normally do but I’m glad I went, didn’t help I managed to drop a weight on myself 😂must work on co ordination!

I’ve booked legs, bums and core for Friday and if A can collect S might go for a swim after.

I feel better to have done SOMETHING anyway, I look like I ate all the Turkey myself!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve managed to get booked onto Pump & Balance via the waiting list this afternoon for Friday so I’m pretty pleased now.

Today was a test day for Tough Mother & I’ve donated blood this evening, so my exercise was a walk around the grounds at lunchtime.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Since 1st January, I've walked every day and we did RPM 91 on Sunday.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I went to the gym tonight and it was a bit too busy. I couldn't get on the kit I wanted so I ended up doing an old CrossFit workout I had save on my phone. For the record I still don't like burpees!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done everyone!

I’ve rested a couple of days since the hills of hell on Saturday, but did a 4.5 mile club run tonight. It was FREEZING, and I really didn’t want to go, so that’s a win.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Went for a wee walk yesterday as my DOMS is horrible. Have just done a 45 min Pump remix this morning.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Calisthenics this morning. My shoulder stands are getting better - I’m starting making shapes. And I held myself upside down on the rings for much longer.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I've got "Stretch and Mobility" tonight, which is the new DL timetable name for any previous Yoga & Pilates Fusion classes, followed by BodyPump if I can last out. You can tell it's January since the latter (8pm class) is fully booked and I've never known it previously to be in the past 6 months since I rejoined the gym.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Back to zumba yesterday which was not exactly a shock since I knew full well it'd be hard after doing nothing at all for a fortnight, but still highlighted my inadequacies :lol: And that was taking it east on a few moves since my calf is still weird. Normal 2 hour gym class tonight :nerves:
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

10k run last night which was hard as I have DOMs and I have the usual kettlebell Wednesday tonight.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did my HIIT. It was meant to be 30,40,50 seconds x9 exercises but I switched it to 50,40,30 which helped mentally.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Walk this morning then a walk to and from RPM.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Step for me this morning. I managed a full 55 min class.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m back from my double class. I was fine after pump (though I did wimp out on the floor work a bit as I couldn’t get a comfortable foundation on the stupid tiny studio mat), but randomly developed a twinge in my lower back whilst walking round Lidl afterwards :verm:

I think a few minutes lying on my new acupressure mat might be in order.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Gym this morning for squats (barbell and sumo), cross trainer and some headstands. Then a 20 min walk after work to get my step target.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Walk/run with D tonight. We did C25K, week 6, part 2 which is 2 x10 mins running. We are going to do that once more then increase it by 2 minutes then try for 20 minutes. It's been so long since we've actually run nonstop!

Once we've done 20 minutes, we'll probably head back to parkrun.

I need to wander about the house for a few minutes to reach my step goal!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Pump 102 today. I’m not lifting as much as I was back in Nov, but I’m getting through it all.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Your workouts are so wonderfully different, Wendy :lol:

Well done Brambs. Running club efforts tonight - 200m fast & 200m walking recoveries x 11. It was so cold!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates tonight was all about mobility.

I need to catch up on today’s HIIT so I’ll probably do two on Saturday. Tomorrow is a freestyle day and I managed to get a wait list spot for kettlebells in the end too.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

MrE reorganised the gym a bit for me today and found the missing Apple TV and tv remote. So tomorrow instead of a rest day, I’ll do Step not on my iPhone and with plenty of room to move around :perky: